Player Discussion

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I know none of his wickets are even in ODIs, but just for comparative purposes the fastest bowler ever to 100 ODI wickets is Saqlain Mushtaq, and it took him 53 matches. His highish RpO is because in ICC2005 T20s count as OD matches, which is part of the reason why I've been able to get him so many OD wickets.

Also note that he's played more FC matches than he's had FC innings, which kind of shows how dominant I've been. FTR he's not even a FC regular. I've got four bowlers in my squad averaging under 28, although my international bowler buggered off for the whole season even though he hasn't played a single international game so far (as far as I can see it's a glitch), because his team SL's first match wasn't until August, and he got pick for international duty more or less at the start of the season (IIRC May). And now that SL are actually playing, he's not even being picked (despite averaging under 20), so he was a total waste of an overseas player.

stoddart100odwickets.png

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I decided to play a save and always select Barney Gibson, because I could. I know how lousy a batter he is, so most of the time he's down at 9/10. In the uni game, though, I thought I'd give him a go, and this happened...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Battyng.png
    Battyng.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 153

6ry4nj

International Coach
Wavell Hinds

In real life he played ODIs and T20Is for the WIndies two years ago. In ICC09, he is a domestic player in England - not even a Kolpak.

I wonder how this came about. Was it just a slip when compiling the database, were there rumours in 2009, or is there some other reason? It's not like he was a mile away from representing the WIndies again (even without hindsight).

If memory serves, in ICC06 he was the overseas player at Derbyshire. Cricinfo's article ends in 2007 with his accepting a Kolpak deal for the following year.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
In real life he played ODIs and T20Is for the WIndies two years ago. In ICC09, he is a domestic player in England - not even a Kolpak.

I wonder how this came about. Was it just a slip when compiling the database, were there rumours in 2009, or is there some other reason? It's not like he was a mile away from representing the WIndies again (even without hindsight).

If memory serves, in ICC06 he was the overseas player at Derbyshire. Cricinfo's article ends in 2007 with his accepting a Kolpak deal for the following year.

I'm guessing he's in the game as Italian because ICC09 doesn't have WI kolpaks.

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Moeen Ali has been a complete gun for me in my Worcestershire save on ICC2011. Averages 60-70 per season and also hold the records for the most runs in a season in English domestic cricket with 2038. Paying him ?60,000 p/year in salary but he is worth every penny. That sort of money is unheard of for a Worcs player. Only my overseas, Dale Steyn, earns more than he does now.

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Does he bowl decently?

In all honesty Chewie, I don't really use the spinners much. New Road is a seam bowlers track really, but that being said I did use him in a game against Gloucestershire recently and he took a 5-for to help win me the game. He is my go-to spinner should I need one. Takes wickets but is also a tad expensive, so not too good an option in the shorter forms of the game or if you're defending a low total in general.

Overall, should he come up in the transfer section I would advise that you do go and snap him up, incredibly useful batsmen and it's a real shock to me that he hasn't been called into the England side.

Edit: Had a look at his batting stats from last year, and he averaged 196 in Challenge Trophy games last year! And still hasn't got a call up to the England side.

Last edited:

badvintage

International Cricketer
In which version? I had Adjmal as my overseas in my first season at Worcestershire in ICC2011 and he wasn't too bad. Took a fair few wickets, but was very, very expensive in the 20 over cup.

I mean the 2012 one.

JD10

International Cricketer
I decided to play a save and always select Barney Gibson, because I could. I know how lousy a batter he is, so most of the time he's down at 9/10. In the uni game, though, I thought I'd give him a go, and this happened...

attachment.php

I've played against Gibson in an roses game and he dropped the easiest catch ever !

vorgaphe

Club Cricketer
Is Dave Warner absolutely ridiculous for anyone else? I'll post his current stats.

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Is Dave Warner absolutely ridiculous for anyone else? I'll post his current stats.

I haven't had any experience with him, but I tell you who is another great Australian player on ICC11... Andrew McDonald! I signed him as my T20 player in my last season and he took wickets and regularly scored half-centuries!

Users who are viewing this thread