Tutorial: Playface Template

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have not had time to do any videos, I still might. For now I'll share what I was going to share as part of that.

It's my own template that I've made for myself. Basically the same as the Big Ant version but I've added in 15 different skin tones - the same as the ones from in the game, I've cleaned them up a little.

I've also put in some other little layers that can be turned on and off (beards, stubble, earrings).

It should help a little for those looking to play around and make some faces for the game.

kt1O2mI.png

Latest update (version 10) shared on 27 Jan 2020

Attachments

• wasteyouryouth_playface_template_V10.rar
    40.8 MB · Views: 955
Last edited:

Etto

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have not had time to do any videos, I still might. For now I'll share what I was going to share as part of that.

It's my own template that I've made for myself. Basically the same as the Big Ant version but I've added in 15 different skin tones - the same as the ones from in the game, I've cleaned them up a little.

I've also put in some other little layers that can be turned on and off (beards, stubble, earrings).

It should help a little for those looking to play around and make some faces for the game.

kt1O2mI.png

vHcYeuc.png
if i wanted to make an umpire as example, how would i get his face onto this?

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@wasteyouryouth Awesome template... Will wait for a guide (written/video) from your side....

Watched several youtube videos on face textures that I went through to attempt to create my own playface for career mode, but no success...

The next step after the template would be to place the image as a layer onto this template & align the eys nose lips with the template...isn't it??

After that, I think , it may be slecting the desired skin tone from the layers & then saving it..after that saved as JPEG....

Then I attached the playface on the default face but there was barely any change in the face of the player after attaching the playface, Don't know what could be the reason...

Also what is the use of the overlay import in the academy...Is it for creating a playface with the ingame face tools rather than using the template edited in photoshop....

Its your sheer talent & effort that you make such legendary creations with your creativity & knowledge of photoshop...

Cheers!

Reactions: DAP

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
if i wanted to make an umpire as example, how would i get his face onto this?
You'd get the picture an place it as a layer below the red face layer, then select the best matching skin tone and blend them together.

@wasteyouryouth Awesome template... Will wait for a guide (written/video) from your side....

Watched several youtube videos on face textures that I went through to attempt to create my own playface for career mode, but no success...

The next step after the template would be to place the image as a layer onto this template & align the eys nose lips with the template...isn't it??

After that, I think , it may be slecting the desired skin tone from the layers & then saving it..after that saved as JPEG....

Then I attached the playface on the default face but there was barely any change in the face of the player after attaching the playface, Don't know what could be the reason...

Also what is the use of the overlay import in the academy...Is it for creating a playface with the ingame face tools rather than using the template edited in photoshop....

Its your sheer talent & effort that you make such legendary creations with your creativity & knowledge of photoshop...

Cheers!

If by 'default face' you mean the face/head of a player in the academy without changing it and expecting it to look like them, it won't. The head model needs to at least resemble the person. In my opinion at least 50% (probably more) of making a good playface is having a good head model. I'll make a head model, make a playface and then adjust and tweak both until I'm happy with it.

While I don't really have a step by step process, yes, the first thing would be lining up the eyes, nose and mouth. You might need to distort the shape of the image to do this because the templates (and UVS) layer are intended to fit on a 3D, so you can just place a flat 2D photo into it and expect it to line up.

The overlay allows you put a picture in the game and adjust the head model to match it - so you can line up eyes or nose. It can be useful, I have used it in the past on Ashes. But I don't use it on this game.

joe2517

Club Captain
how do u get these faces after finish creating in game. Is this a FACE EDITOR for cricket 19

Etto

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
how do u get these faces after finish creating in game. Is this a FACE EDITOR for cricket 19
When in Player Creator there should be an option to Add PlayFace

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
hi @wasteyouryouth ,

Thank You for this useful information. I am planning to create one of myself.

I have a 2D image (which we do take for the regular use), can I use it and convert it to 3D with alterations?

Also which one is this editor, as per BA there are 3-4 options (Adobe Photoshop, Mari- Foundry, Substance Painter or Krita). I will follow the one which you are using !

Thanks again!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
hi @wasteyouryouth ,

Thank You for this useful information. I am planning to create one of myself.

I have a 2D image (which we do take for the regular use), can I use it and convert it to 3D with alterations?

Also which one is this editor, as per BA there are 3-4 options (Adobe Photoshop, Mari- Foundry, Substance Painter or Krita). I will follow the one which you are using !

Thanks again!
I used Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Users who are viewing this thread