Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
First step - obtain teams for your preferred nation:
This is simple enough, go to the Don Bradman Academy Option in the main menu, and go to Teams.

Then press the 'Online Community' option and then 'custom search'.

Here you'll either want to put in your preferred creator (such as those from blockerdave's list) - or search for each team by name individually and choose your favourite.

Download each team - I suggest using the option to download ignoring links so it doesn't interfere with your other squads - and then exit the menu.

Second Step - Career Team Lists
Back in the main Team menu in the Don Bradman Academy - select the 'Career Team Lists' option.

There is no option to create new ones, so you need to replace the teams in the format closest to your own, so probably most would replace the Australian 6 team tournament.

So select 'Australian Domestic' from that menu, and then for each team, replace them with any of the teams from your domestic competition, it doesn't matter who you replace with who.

Then exit the menu.

Second and a half-th step
In addition, you can choose 'international' here to decide the 10 teams in world competitions, which also allows you to play for any team as the 'international' level.

Third Step - Start your career
Exit out of the Academy and choose the Career option from the main menu, and hit New.

The 'Base Team' option will come up, allowing you to pick what team you want to start with, choose one of your newly added teams.

Then choose your player type and create/import your player.

Finally, go to the 'Identity' menu and make sure to set your International Affiliation. This is the national team you will aim to play for, you can either match it to the domestic tournament or pick a totally different one.

Done
The fixtures are based on home/away grounds, so correctly set up teams will see you play in non-Australian stadiums.

However the tournaments will still be called 'Australian Domestic' and the like, and will follow their points system and rules.

EXYF2tp.jpg

PremierBatsman

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
if we were to do this with say nz would that be a way around the batsmen bowling and vice versa?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
if we were to do this with say nz would that be a way around the batsmen bowling and vice versa?
No, I understand that to impact any team used.

There will be a patch for that issue shortly, if the names of the players matching up to what they do in the match matters to you, I would suggest not starting your career mode until the patch is available.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
No, I understand that to impact any team used.

There will be a patch for that issue shortly, if the names of the players matching up to what they do in the match matters to you, I would suggest not starting your career mode until the patch is available.

Or you could just link the players one by one? You'd have out of date rosters but would be much better than new rosters but buggered player roles.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Or you could just link the players one by one? You'd have out of date rosters but would be much better than new rosters but buggered player roles.
There's nothing to link to when using the domestic teams from other countries.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So if I understand this correct, there is no way to add more teams than already present in the Australian/English Domestic?

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
So if I understand this correct, there is no way to add more teams than already present in the Australian/English Domestic?

I'm pretty sure @Ross said it will be patched in on the IVG forums IIRC

AK James

School Cricketer
A couple of questions:

1. What is the number of teams in English domestic cricket? Surely more than 6?
  2. Will this upcoming patch only fix the player stats mismatch problem or will it also enable domestic cricket for other countries?

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
A couple of questions:

1. What is the number of teams in English domestic cricket? Surely more than 6?
  2. Will this upcoming patch only fix the player stats mismatch problem or will it also enable domestic cricket for other countries?

18 in English domestic. Does anyone know if there's a 2 division structure in game like real life?

supasachin

Club Captain
Has anyone tried playing the career with an Indian player in Indian domestic circuit?

BagoZA

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Am I right in saying that, since the SA Domestic teams have no on disc link, if I download them and start a career as above, I won't have the problem of batsmen bowling etc.

Users who are viewing this thread