Pocket Cricket

How would you rate Pocket Cricket.net out of 10?

• 1 out of 10

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 2 out of 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 out of 10

• 4 out of 10

• 5 out of 10

• 6 out of 10

• 7 out of 10

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 8 out of 10

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 9 out of 10

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 10 out of 10

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

PocketCricket

Game Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Possible Features

Just mocking up some ideas and adding them to the feature database. What you think of this idea though?
5x733t.jpg

So the idea would be that depending on the player and the form reached, you would open up a new shot option, for example KPs Flamingo or Duminy Scoop, or Warner Switch hit.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's a nice addition. However, I see that the safest shot in the shot selection list (the green one) isn't available in such cases. Has it been removed to accommodate the special shot or a safe shot cannot be played to that type of a delivery?

Last edited:

PocketCricket

Game Developer
Hi,

No it was just a mockup screenshot, when i took the screen capture from the game, the green shot wasnt actually there either :)

No all the shots would be there, the purple one would come after the RED. So the order would be GREEN, ORANGE, RED, PURPLE

We are still currently trying to grow the user base, but we have made a large list of improvements or changes that would be in the next version.

Keep the suggestions coming - we are taking note of each one!

And keep playing!

Regards
The PocketCricket Team

PocketCricket

Game Developer
Unfortunately we cannot offer a downloadable SWF at this time, one of the reasons being the game points to a database for all stats, records, game data and also we have plans to release a mobile version in the near future.

The PocketCricket Team

PocketCricket

Game Developer
New Version of Pocket Cricket up

Hi,

We have put a new version of Pocket Cricket up, one that does not require a log in to test or play the game, so now is a great chance to share the link with your friends.

Pocket Cricket

Just click Play Now on the web page, and then START PRACTICE MATCH.

You will need to Log in to track stats as before though, but its a nice way to introduce the game. We were finding many people were being put off by the login screen, we hope to attract more users this way!

Any Feedback Welcome,

Regards
The PocketCricket Team

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Awesome! Looking forward to giving it a try soon.

PocketCricket

Game Developer
Ok we have seen a lot of activity recently which is great. Any feedback about how easy it is to play now, or anything else?
We are aware of the other changes that are needing changing.

Right now we are working towards a new build, that would be cross platform but still keep the essence of pocket cricket. In order for that to happen we need to secure funding, which we are in the process of doing.

If any one has any ideas, or a rich uncle :yes, or suggestions, please let us know.

We will keep you up to date.

Ideas include different mobile versions, possibly a steam or console version, and then perhaps a free light version, like the current version on web.

If there was more content, like tests, scenarios, daily challenges, better stats, a full campaign, proper team licensing, what do you think a fair amount would be to charge?

Regarding players : We might go with a player editor though so people can edit their own . We are also looking at a famous South African cricketer who may want to endorse the game , so it becomes "" X cricket"" instead of pocket cricket.

So we are just sharing where we are at the moment, we would love to hear from you, encouragement, anger :mad, feedback, anything would be great!

Regards
The Pocket Cricket Team

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Ok we have seen a lot of activity recently which is great. Any feedback about how easy it is to play now, or anything else?
We are aware of the other changes that are needing changing.

Right now we are working towards a new build, that would be cross platform but still keep the essence of pocket cricket. In order for that to happen we need to secure funding, which we are in the process of doing.

If any one has any ideas, or a rich uncle :yes, or suggestions, please let us know.

We will keep you up to date.

Ideas include different mobile versions, possibly a steam or console version, and then perhaps a free light version, like the current version on web.

If there was more content, like tests, scenarios, daily challenges, better stats, a full campaign, proper team licensing, what do you think a fair amount would be to charge?

Regarding players : We might go with a player editor though so people can edit their own . We are also looking at a famous South African cricketer who may want to endorse the game , so it becomes "" X cricket"" instead of pocket cricket.w

So we are just sharing where we are at the moment, we would love to hear from you, encouragement, anger :mad, feedback, anything would be great!

Regards
The Pocket Cricket Team
This is an amazing game. Tons better than StickCricket. An Android app would be really great. I don't think this game is suited for test cricket though.

Once more thing I suggest is after a batsmen hits the ball, we should press a key and take a run. Also I would like to see a few no-balls and wides. I'd be ready to shell out around 200 rupees for this game should it release on the Android platform. Maybe even more than that.

Good luck and thanks for this amazing game!

sobeydee

School Cricketer
I personally feel that the simplicity of the game makes it great! I was wondering if pressing a button to take runs would work, but that would add to the time taken (considering you aren't playing real time). I think it's important not to lose the cartoon style game play.

I do think that test matches could work with this game. If you have "friends" or challengers you could set an innings score in your own time. Then once this score is complete the opponent gets a chance to see if they can match and pass your score. It could be like the original limitless over test cricket! I know this could have a lot of logistical issues so perhaps to start with it could be a single 50 or 20 over innings. What do you guys think?

I would be happy to pay about R100 to R150 for a game like this. But I would implore that you don't add "pay-as-you-play" content. Please can we just pay once off for a great game and enjoy?

Still enjoying this game after many months...

Users who are viewing this thread