Politics Discussion (India)

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They will have to produce papers as far back as 60 years ago (what a joke)
There are talks going around that this requirement was only for Assam and that it will be different when NRC is implemented across the nation. I somehow doubt that given that neither the PM nor the HM is speaking up on the matter. They are neither denying it nor confirming it, which inversely is adding fuel to fire. From what I've read so far (I could be wrong about this but there is no way to confirm it) documents such as the Passport, Aadhaar, Ration Card etc (which are used as proof when getting a voter ID card - oh the irony) will not be enough to prove you're an Indian citizen. I find it very amusing given that the Passport specifically has a "Nationality" column in it.

Distract the people and esp media from real issues like an economy in nosedive, unprecedented pollution, failing health and education systems.
The public seem to be okay with it and is always falling for it. How the more important issues are not addressed and bought up for discussion is beyond me. This is where having a strong opposition is a boon. Fortunately for BJP, they have nullified that factor.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There are talks going around that this requirement was only for Assam and that it will be different when NRC is implemented across the nation. I somehow doubt that given that neither the PM nor the HM is speaking up on the matter. They are neither denying it nor confirming it, which inversely is adding fuel to fire. From what I've read so far (I could be wrong about this but there is no way to confirm it) documents such as the Passport, Aadhaar, Ration Card etc (which are used as proof when getting a voter ID card - oh the irony) will not be enough to prove you're an Indian citizen. I find it very amusing given that the Passport specifically has a "Nationality" column in it.

Yeah, I doubt that as well. Going by the info so far there has been no info whatsoever to refute the points from our country leaders.

Anyways, NRC in Assam was a disaster (esp for BJP). Assamese people have wanted NRC for many many years to check the illegal immigration problem from neighboring countries. BJP of course gave it a religious spin and used it to remove illegal immigrants from he voter list (in the hopes that it will majorly be Muslim voters). It fell flat ofcourse, as less than 20% turned out to be Muslims and the remaining were Bengali Hindus, Nepali and local tribes - their major votebank. So this 1500 crore exercise flushed down the drain :clap:clap

How they expect it to be a success across the whole country, God knows?

Once again deals and bail outs being doled out to corporations, and absolutely no care for the plight of the common man. I am pretty sure Ambani and Adani will never be asked to prove their nationality. Jio dhan dhana dhan

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
The public seem to be okay with it and is always falling for it. How the more important issues are not addressed and bought up for discussion is beyond me. This is where having a strong opposition is a boon. Fortunately for BJP, they have nullified that factor.

Indeed

I wish for once, we would wake up as citizens and not fall for their bullsh!t, be it Congress or BJP or anyone. They are all friends of money and power and nothing else. The protests turn violent because of these guys only. If the protests were peaceful, they would have to answer for it. If its violent, the whole narrative shifts to the evil protestors trying to burn the country - when in reality the elements causing violence are funded by the political powers. And our media is obviously sold out big time. Its amazing that news channels running 24x7 and giving "breaking news" everyday are not finding an even hour of time in a week for issues like pollution and unemployment

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Mr. Modi strikes again

Holds an massive election rally while the country protests and then fills it up wit blatant lies :D

"BJP never said anything about nation wide NRC". I guess Amit Shah belongs to Congress?

Siddhant007

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Mr. Modi strikes again

Holds an massive election rally while the country protests and then fills it up wit blatant lies :D

"BJP never said anything about nation wide NRC". I guess Amit Shah belongs to Congress?
Can't believe people are still gonna vote for this a-hole.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Once again, the Jharkhand result (even though BJP lost) proves my point. 25/81 seats as an independent party is frigging good. They are no where near danger of losing 2024.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Happy New Year. A gift to people of India by Government - Railway fare is hiked to 4 paise/km from 1 paise/km. And unsubsidized LPG price increased Rs. 19.

And govt is seriously thinking to make the CAA-NRC process online so that they can bypass state govt rejection in implementing the bill.

And I believe, after a certain deadline, they will detain people saying you have not registered online. What a Master plan to bluff people. :clap

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Once again, the Jharkhand result (even though BJP lost) proves my point. 25/81 seats as an independent party is frigging good. They are no where near danger of losing 2024.
People do vote on real issues during state elections. Modi-Shah can't take the name of Pakistan, Ram Mandir, Nehru-Gandhi family in state elections. That is the reason why they are not getting the result as they got for General elections.

When it comes to general elections, they get saved by using khattar hindutva ideology, Nehru-Gandhi family, Pakistan, Army etc... They don't talk about Economy, unemployment, mob lynching, farmer distress, etc...

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Happy New Year. A gift to people of India by Government - Railway fare is hiked to 4 paise/km from 1 paise/km. And unsubsidized LPG price increased Rs. 19.

LOL

This is how they plan to revive consumer spending? What a bunch of incompetent idiots

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
When it comes to general elections, they get saved by using khattar hindutva ideology, Nehru-Gandhi family, Pakistan, Army etc... They don't talk about Economy, unemployment, mob lynching, farmer distress, etc...
Precisely what I was trying to imply. Results of state elections do not put any dent in their morale because they very well know that they may lose the battle but in the end will win the war.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Won't budge an inch on CAA - Amit Shah
I wouldn't have expected anything less from the duo. Backing off would mean admitting defeat and that is something BJP will never do, especially after coming to power with resounding success.

That's the reason I feel all these protests will go in vain. NRC + CAA will happen and we ought to accept that. No use holding onto hopes on the SC.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I wouldn't have expected anything less from the duo. Backing off would mean admitting defeat and that is something BJP will never do, especially after coming to power with resounding success.

That's the reason I feel all these protests will go in vain. NRC + CAA will happen and we ought to accept that. No use holding onto hopes on the SC.

Quite true. There are massive egos involved here - despite the 56inch chest, the ego just looks to be bursting out. These guys will never back off. They will never admit their mistakes, ever, and therefore will never be able to rectify them.

I would rather have someone like Kejriwal who is ready to make a mockery of himself and be willing to be the butt of all jokes and deliver on atleast some of his promises, than the great ModiShah combo who just believe in chest thumping and work on enforcing a false mask of "all izz well" onto the public.

Economy down the drain, Unemployment rate peaks, Unprecedented violence in the country, New year gift of price hikes, Destruction of any autonomous body, Hiding statistics that make the govt look bad, Horse trading openly without an iota of shame. But ALL IZZ WELL :D

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Anyone noticing, how the violence and violent govt/police crackdown in the nation has just gone to unprecedented proportions since BJP won their second term ...

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
There we go ... real shots fired now in Delhi by a "common man"

The push to make the narrative Hindu vs Muslim, instead of Kejriwal's development vs BJP celebrity campaigners is complete

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
ah that's why brute majority and representative democracy sucks. my father thinks bjp also got their men in Pakistan who show their support to congress to show the people congress is pro-Pakistan(irony is under congress govt. Pakistan motives to conquer Kashmir was failed and they lost nearly lost Lahore and east Pakistan got out from their hands.).

Users who are viewing this thread