Politics Discussion (India)

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So what's the mood like in Delhi? AAP confident of winning? Or are Shaheen Bagh protests playing into BJP's advantage? Last I heard 2 more incidents of gun firing were reported. That's quite scary really to see common persons waiving guns around in public with almost no repercussions.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
So what's the mood like in Delhi? AAP confident of winning? Or are Shaheen Bagh protests playing into BJP's advantage? Last I heard 2 more incidents of gun firing were reported. That's quite scary really to see common persons waiving guns around in public with almost no repercussions.
According to ground reports, it seems that AAP is winning the Capital with utmost majority followed by BJP at 2nd place with 8-10 seats. Congress is nowhere in the contest.

Tbf, Kejriwal has been doing quite well with his schemes and policies and it wouldn't hurt to give him a second term. I honestly believe, Congress is just playing a safe game by allowing AAP take centre stage. Or else, BJP would get the benefits of vote division between AAP & Cong.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think it is still advantage AAP, but the Shaheen Bagh politics has made a dent I feel. BJP is brilliant when it comes to setting the narrative for an election

You wont see a single sentence from them which doesn't contain words like Pakistan/Bangladesh/Traitors/etc. The only hope is the general Delhi public isn't so gullible that it will fall for this trap and vote for development over jingoism

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Have an eerie feeling that BJP will trounce AAP tomorrow. A lot going on since 8th Feb that indicates that.

Interesting thing is Manoj Tiwari's prediction tweet even before the voting ended - the same guy who accurately predicted when Delhi will go to polls before anyone else well in advance.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
They seem to have rigged the election results.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
They seem to have rigged the election results.
That's a big statement.

I feel BJP is banking on the last 2-3 hours of voting where they beleive they have convinced people to vote for them. Should they win, I'm sure that is what would be portrayed as the deciding factor.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
That's a big statement.

I feel BJP is banking on the last 2-3 hours of voting where they beleive they have convinced people to vote for them. Should they win, I'm sure that is what would be portrayed as the deciding factor.
A lot of things have taken place that shows that something is wrong. The overconfidence of BJP leaders about results, prediction of polling dates way before official announcement, and most important part - in the history of Indian Politics, for the first time EC has not/refused to disclose the voting percentage even after 24hrs post voting and also even after multiple requests from political parties.

Are they rigging the election result with the help of fake/dummy votes to BJP?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Is it possible that People consider the same local issues (like they did in Delhi) while voting for LS?

It's a great thing to see development politics win over religion based, nationalism, and non-development core hindutva politics.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Is it possible that People consider the same local issues (like they did in Delhi) while voting for LS?
Keeping the seat count aside, the vote share of BJP was a staggering 38+% from what I've read in the news. So that's a moral victory for them. Their tactics and policies are finding favour with public and even though the result would say 62-8, you can't ignore the number of people who are share the same ideologies as the party.

sanjeevaloria

International Coach

It's a great thing to see development politics win over religion based, nationalism, and non-development core hindutva politics.
development politics didn't exist in india. ie. ashok gehlot did lot of things during 2008-2013 but they lose the election. and development of aap government is not perfect and as student of sociology I didn't think its good to legalise slums for votes is not a good thing.

Keeping the seat count aside, the vote share of BJP was a staggering 38+% from what I've read in the news. So that's a moral victory for them. Their tactics and policies are finding favour with public and even though the result would say 62-8, you can't ignore the number of people who are share the same ideologies as the party.
so what bjp always done that when they lose election they say their vote share is increased. india uses first past the post system where vote share isn't matter its seats that matter. and even 38% is in their favour then rest 62% is against them.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
development politics didn't exist in india. ie. ashok gehlot did lot of things during 2008-2013 but they lose the election. and development of aap government is not perfect and as student of sociology I didn't think its good to legalise slums for votes is not a good thing.
I disagree. Legalisation of slum is a good thing keeping in mind the interest of people under poverty line. I do believe that the legalisation is not the final step but the first step towards welfare of poor. If you are going to make it an illegal way of leading a life, where will the people go? They don't have shelter, food, clothing etc.. The other thing you (govt) could do is stop building the unwanted statues around the country and invest the tax money into such welfare things by turning things for slum and making it a small colony or something with basic infrastructure where people can lead a decent life.

Also, Maharashtra is planning to legalise slums in Mumbai. Again I say, this must just be a temporary solution for poverty and not a permanent one.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
then rest 62% is against them
Not exactly the point I was trying to make. I'm focusing more on the share that voted for them. 62-8 portrays a hammering. In reality, it could have gone either way - not comfortable by any means. The vote difference for top AAP MLAs also wasn't big enough (something in the range of 10k-25k)

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
ok many people said to read CAA before protesting against it and so I did you can guess what's I find? this is act is beneficial for.....

NO ONE!!

the last page of this act clearly says any refuge from these three countries didn't have documents are illegal emigrant now how many refugees have legal documents? this is act is clearly made for giving indian citizenship to those who pro-bjp.

check mate it isn't vote politics?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Congress gets another blow ... absolutely breaking apart

And you cant blame Scindia for this move. He has been poorly treated by the seniors despite working much more than them. Just hope he doesnt end up joining BJP and starts his own party instead and maybe other young guns of Congress will join him (not Pappu and family)

The Grand Old Party being brought down because of absolute inaction and their inability to evolve with times

Users who are viewing this thread