Politics Discussion (India)

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I didn't think that we should put all blame on Rahul Gandhi because he work hard to revive congress but failed but I think we should also blame other opposition parties because they were fighting each other rather then work to put right wingers of power.( it something like happened in Germany in 1930s all parties fighting each other and Nazis got power.)

and I also think that people just hate Rahul Gandhi because he is member of Nehru-Gandhi family and he is branded as pappu on internet but bjp is hypocrite itself why they give their tickets to mainka and varun Gandhi?

also ECI also had to do in their defeat why they didn't stop modi from bracking model code of conduct and what are evm doing outside the strong room and why there is not security on polling stations?

I think election is rigged because RJD didn't get any seats in bihar? its itself is not possible in country like india to get high vote percentage where society is divided into castes.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I didn't think that we should put all blame on Rahul Gandhi because he work hard to revive congress but failed but I think we should also blame other opposition parties because they were fighting each other rather then work to put right wingers of power.( it something like happened in Germany in 1930s all parties fighting each other and Nazis got power.)

and I also think that people just hate Rahul Gandhi because he is member of Nehru-Gandhi family and he is branded as pappu on internet but bjp is hypocrite itself why they give their tickets to mainka and varun Gandhi?

also ECI also had to do in their defeat why they didn't stop modi from bracking model code of conduct and what are evm doing outside the strong room and why there is not security on polling stations?

I think election is rigged because RJD didn't get any seats in bihar? its itself is not possible in country like india to get high vote percentage where society is divided into castes.

I am sorry, this is utter rubbish. You cannot rig an election to this extent that the opposition party becomes non existent

And RG may have done some work, but it is clearly lacking. A gain of just 6 seats in 5 years for a National party is horrendous. Its like India coming at the bottom of the table in the World Cup. Heads would have to roll for such a pathetic performance, and that too, two elections in a row. Rahul needs to be blamed big time from Congress' side. He handled the alliances very poorly as well. I see a major lack of statesmanship and diplomatic skills in him. Congress needs someone like Amit Shah to mastermind the whole thing and look at the big picture - and Sonia / Rahul are definitely not the ones to do that

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
You cannot rig an election to this extent that the opposition party becomes non existent
well anything can possible in india. ECI was rejecting all complaints of opposition so it can be.
but i'm not truly sure because I'm not talking about congress i'm talking about caste based parties because they had large influence in UP and bihar and also there are many castes were against bjp. but I can be wrong there vote may divided because of no alliance or vote didn't convert into seats.

by the way its just pure nonsense that EVM cannot be hacked when CIA computers can be hacked then why EVM can't for. me EVM is nothing but glorified calculators.

Last edited:

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
I am sorry, this is utter rubbish. You cannot rig an election to this extent that the opposition party becomes non existent

And RG may have done some work, but it is clearly lacking. A gain of just 6 seats in 5 years for a National party is horrendous. Its like India coming at the bottom of the table in the World Cup. Heads would have to roll for such a pathetic performance, and that too, two elections in a row. Rahul needs to be blamed big time from Congress' side. He handled the alliances very poorly as well. I see a major lack of statesmanship and diplomatic skills in him. Congress needs someone like Amit Shah to mastermind the whole thing and look at the big picture - and Sonia / Rahul are definitely not the ones to do that
I'm agree with you I also think congress leadership is not aggressive I read a article in newspaper written by shekhar gupta he also complaint about congress and other parties are not aggressive against bjp. but congress should focus on their local leaders in states because NDA has more seats in LS this time and its really important that a anti-bjp won the upcoming elections of states to make sure NDA won't get majority in RS or it could be disaster full. (especially maharasthra, bihar, uttar Pradesh, west Bengal and tamil nadu.)

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
What I feel is exactly the same -

What could defeat Modi is not a party, not an alliance, not a freebie promise, not anti-incumbency. It is only and only another human being who becomes a mass leader and captures the public imagination. If you start hearing people say “that person should be prime minister,” you will have the answer to a question we heard a lot this election: “Aur hai kaun? (Who’s the alternative?)”

- The Print.

Congress Working Committee meet is be held tomorrow and I'm damn sure Sonia will somehow convince Rahul to stay. If not her other senior party leaders will convince him, which I don't want.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What I feel is exactly the same -

What could defeat Modi is not a party, not an alliance, not a freebie promise, not anti-incumbency. It is only and only another human being who becomes a mass leader and captures the public imagination. If you start hearing people say “that person should be prime minister,” you will have the answer to a question we heard a lot this election: “Aur hai kaun? (Who’s the alternative?)”

- The Print.

Congress Working Committee meet is be held tomorrow and I'm damn sure Sonia will somehow convince Rahul to stay. If not her other senior party leaders will convince him, which I don't want.

Nailed it! India needs a new leader from a non-extremist party to rise up to the place where he can be called "THE LEADER who can take on Modi". Governments are built on leadership and for that, personalities play a big role. This happens at the state level (from my experience of Tamil Nadu, both the rival parties DMK and AIADMK are struggling right now because the heads have left the world. DMK is in a slightly better position because of MK Stalin but he does not inspire leadership confidence or the leadership charm enough).

Congress desperately needs to build a strong leader. Force Sonia into full time retirement, ask Rahul Gandhi and his sister to take up something else and find an Amit Shah equivalent to reformulate the party. If the Congress has to survive, the Gandhi's must stop meddling into its affairs. Or else, the Congress will go extinct and will be resigned to the history books (which the BJP will try to dilute and defame; they've started trying it already).

Due to the fact that Modi is the leader of BJP, they deserve to be in power right now. Therefore, this election has seen the right result and nothing surprising has happened.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Rahul Gandhi offered to resign but CWC rejected his resignation saying "Who is the alternative?". Lol.

Another Congress leader says that Rahul didn't even offer to resign. It is like they are covering up the news by acting as if it didn't even happen. Voluntary resignation MUST be accepted for the betterment of the party. But CWC can't even imagine Congress without Gandhis. It's their and party's loss, people already have their leader in Narendra Modi.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I often hope that Pakistan will end up like India. Secular (at least in name), democratic and with a progressive judiciary and liberalised economy. So if the Indian people gave a mandate to BJP, at least you know that it's a democratic mandate. Not like here where PTI (Imran Khan's governing party) had a massive help from the army, who stationed soldiers at every polling station to help rig the vote counts in a lot of constituencies.

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
Rahul Gandhi offered to resign but CWC rejected his resignation saying "Who is the alternative?". Lol.

Another Congress leader says that Rahul didn't even offer to resign. It is like they are covering up the news by acting as if it didn't even happen. Voluntary resignation MUST be accepted for the betterment of the party. But CWC can't even imagine Congress without Gandhis. It's their and party's loss, people already have their leader in Narendra Modi.
Rather wasting their time they should start campaigning in states where is upcoming election. and I don't think Rahul Gandhi resign or not party didn't have anything to lose i'm sure congress would remain second largest party in india even if they didn't get power. its loss to people because we all know how modinomics works.

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
I often hope that Pakistan will end up like India. Secular (at least in name), democratic and with a progressive judiciary and liberalised economy. So if the Indian people gave a mandate to BJP, at least you know that it's a democratic mandate. Not like here where PTI (Imran Khan's governing party) had a massive help from the army, who stationed soldiers at every polling station to help rig the vote counts in a lot of constituencies.
instead of army here they have bureaucrats to do their job to rig election.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Rather wasting their time they should start campaigning in states where is upcoming election. and I don't think Rahul Gandhi resign or not party didn't have anything to lose i'm sure congress would remain second largest party in india even if they didn't get power. its loss to people because we all know how modinomics works.
It's not that easy. Congress is completely down and their confidence level has become very low. They must first restructure their party, make a revamp and comeback strong with their party organisation. 5 years are more than sufficient to do that and if they are willing to ignore upcoming state elections and give a good amount of time for restructuring (maybe 1-2 years), we can witness the change.

The most basic requirement would be booth level organisation. It's not easy for the party like Congress to do that because they don't have booth level existence in most of the states. Hence they ended up with zero seats in 18 states. That's a big issue for a national party.

On the other hand, BJP don't need to organize their party at booth level because, that work will be done by RSS. That's what Congress is lacking. They don't have an organization like RSS to reach out to people down to booth level. I think setting up a BHIM army like organization will get Congress back into the track.

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
On the other hand, BJP don't need to organize their party at booth level because, that work will be done by RSS. That's what Congress is lacking. They don't have an organization like RSS to reach out to people down to booth level. I think setting up a BHIM army like organization will get Congress back into the track.
I'm 100% agree with you. you will find a bjp supporter anywhere that just mock congress and start saying illogical facts and tries to brainwash people you will find them anywhere from tea stalls to buses, trains and even in polling booths!! and worst thing is people believe in them. however they have one weakness they cannot stand against a counter argument they tries to counter back with weak facts but after they ended up get silent. so we need congress supporters on booth level who can counter rss and bjp and make people to vote congress. a BHIM army like organization would be good but it think they should also make their IT cell.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
it think they should also make their IT cell.
Congress already has its own IT cell. They have been much better compared to 2014 when they were non-existent. Now they are more active but not as active as BJP IT Cell. :)

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Congress is handling this whole Rahul resignation saga very poorly. There is utter confusion around it and no one is making any public statements. This is going to worry even the hardcore supporters of that party.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
My friend recently made a very good point. There has been a very weird and jarring shift in the way the public is looking towards the government - the BJP supports seem to have an absolute reverence for the government instead of looking at it critically, which is what the public is actually supposed to do. Until 2014, every government was criticized regularly by the voters. Even we used to criticize the congress government for failing on many fronts. And if they did something, there was only minor appreciation because in the end it is THEIR JOB to do so - to server the public and complete their projects and ensure smooth functioning of the country.

Now we see this tendency that the BJP supporters are simply worshipping the government and any little thing that they do. Sure they have built some highways at good speed, but that is their JOB! They cleaned Assi Ghat in Varanasi, but that is their JOB. There are 50+ over Ganga Ghats in Varanasi which are still as filthy. Ideally the public should push the government to get those cleaned as well instead of praising a small achievement. In a democracy, the government should be criticized and open to criticism. But here, anyone criticizing the government is called anti national and other things and is asked to leave the country and go to Pakistan. It is so idiotic. And I dont understand how educated people and those working in private sectors have become so naive and illogical.

Moreover, the same task being done by BJP and non-BJP government is being dealt with in totally different ways. There has been road widening task done near our locality, but the government here is non-BJP. So the rhetoric we are hearing is on the line that it has taken so much time to complete it, when it has actually been done within 1.5 months on one of the busiest and crowded streets in Bangalore, including the laying of new cables, and pipes for rainwater harvesting. Which is GOOD! The government should be appreciated, but should also be PUSHED to do better.
If this was done by BJP though, the narrative would be - 'arrey kam se kam itna toh hua' (Atleast they did this much). Why should we treat the government like an fresher in a company? That at least he did this much, don't put pressure of expectations on them. Why are we cuddling and protecting this government, when we should be critiquing it to work better and faster to do their job?

I find it BIZARRE !!

Users who are viewing this thread