Votes: 30 18.5%
  • Might Never Get Released

Votes: 46 28.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolz_hari

International Coach
not a lost prospect exactly but then i would look into the scenario...

-if i feel that the beta is close enough, then i'd continue....

-if the progress is going really slow like it is now and theres no signs of a release BEFORE December 2009, then i'll be resigning from this project for good.

its slowly reaching that saturation point wherein my life and career will suffer
if i dont take some drastic decisions.

am no longer the school going kid who has a fixed routine and an easy life.
am on my own, away from home (nice ryhme :p), unsure of a comfortable future etc....!

am more of a go getter...hence,i dropped out of college last year which means no graduation for me....and the path and the risks that i have taken, i'll be either a big shot guy the whole country knows about or a nobody !!
thats why i constantly need to be on the run to have a financial security and stability in life....theres so many new things to learn, to do and i've been
putting a pause to all that just so that i can fulfill my commitments to TAOC.

but if i feel its just not worth it anymore, that'll be when i'll call it a day !

you are absolutely correct. Personal life is more important than anything. still then i am happy with the progress of this game. After all only two guys are working on a big project.
all the best kartik

bumba26

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am sorry JK and LM, if I was too cruel in my previous post, but I had to be cruel to be kind.
See, the major problem is these two people working behind TAOC is their non-professional attitudes. Why do I say this? There are more than 1 reason. Let me highlight a few here.

JK and LM think this project is a charity work for the betterment of the cricket gaming community. Here I have news for u, social work doesn't work. EA and Codemasters can get away with crappy games and earn a fortune because they deal with it professionally. No body out here have asked u to become an angel of cricket games. U should stop thinking about charity and work as professionals. If people can fork out their hard earned cash for some terrible games like BLC 2007, certainly they won't object to pay a worthy amount for a better quality game like TAOC.

Why, in the name of God, are only two people working on this project? Why can't u go out and hire at least 1/2 more guys? Yep, another breaking news, people don't help each other for free, they sell help. Have a few more guys working on the project. Try hiring novices as they cost less and are willing to work to gain exp. Yes, there will be a lot of trail and error, but since budget is a factor, u will have to live with it. If u r wondering, how will u pay their salaries, then go for a small bank loan and keep the funds in reserve for their salaries. They can work, when u r busy and vice versa. Try finishing this asap.

Once, TAOC is released, u can go places with it, as it works as a portfolio which will enable u to get high paying jobs. So, see being professional about it can be very rewarding. Of course, it is a huge risk, but with ur kinda situation, its all or nothing. Business is always risky. After toiling hard for 3 years in the business world, I have learned this, "No pain, No gain". These are my 2 cents. U can call me a prick, :happy but I being a fan of cricket games, would want to see the game out there in the market rather than in the recycle bin of ur computer. At least in the market it has a chance, can't say the same in ur recycle bin.
Bye and all the best. :cheers

coolz_hari

International Coach
I am sorry JK and LM, if I was too cruel in my previous post, but I had to be cruel to be kind.
See, the major problem is these two people working behind TAOC is their non-professional attitudes. Why do I say this? There are more than 1 reason. Let me highlight a few here.

JK and LM think this project is a charity work for the betterment of the cricket gaming community. Here I have news for u, social work doesn't work. EA and Codemasters can get away with crappy games and earn a fortune because they deal with it professionally. No body out here have asked u to become an angel of cricket games. U should stop thinking about charity and work as professionals. If people can fork out their hard earned cash for some terrible games like BLC 2007, certainly they won't object to pay a worthy amount for a better quality game like TAOC.

Why, in the name of God, are only two people working on this project? Why can't u go out and hire at least 1/2 more guys? Yep, another breaking news, people don't help each other for free, they sell help. Have a few more guys working on the project. Try hiring novices as they cost less and are willing to work to gain exp. Yes, there will be a lot of trail and error, but since budget is a factor, u will have to live with it. If u r wondering, how will u pay their salaries, then go for a small bank loan and keep the funds in reserve for their salaries. They can work, when u r busy and vice versa. Try finishing this asap.

Once, TAOC is released, u can go places with it, as it works as a portfolio which will enable u to get high paying jobs. So, see being professional about it can be very rewarding. Of course, it is a huge risk, but with ur kinda situation, its all or nothing. Business is always risky. After toiling hard for 3 years in the business world, I have learned this, "No pain, No gain". These are my 2 cents. U can call me a prick, :happy but I being a fan of cricket games, would want to see the game out there in the market rather than in the recycle bin of ur computer. At least in the market it has a chance, can't say the same in ur recycle bin.

He has point to say too.Come on guys take more peoples help & complete soon

Last edited:

AjnabiZ

School Cricketer

I totally agree with bumba26.

I had high hopes when the game started its development. But over the time, the game's development has suffered.

To me it seems as this game wont be released and EA or codemaster might release a new cricket game.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Guys, we are all wasting our time in this thread. This game will never release!!!! Jk told us 3 days ago that he will contact LM and tell ask him about any updates but its been 3 days and he didn't even tell us if Lm said anything or not. We should rather look forward to Ashes cricket 2009 because atleast we are sure that it will release. We all were living in false hopes about this game and all those hopes are shattered now. This game will never release as the producers are not active enough to even update us on the game. Forget the update, they hardly visit this forum. I have never been this dissapointed before. Its the END! TAOC is not coming out. it is DEAD! Even good updates now cannot assure that this will release because making some animations cannot guarantee that the game will release.

Allrounder18

Banned
Guys, we are all wasting our time in this thread. This game will never release!!!! Jk told us 3 days ago that he will contact LM and tell ask him about any updates but its been 3 days and he didn't even tell us if Lm said anything or not. We should rather look forward to Ashes cricket 2009 because atleast we are sure that it will release. We all were living in false hopes about this game and all those hopes are shattered now. This game will never release as the producers are not active enough to even update us on the game. Forget the update, they hardly visit this forum. I have never been this dissapointed before. Its the END! TAOC is not coming out. it is DEAD! Even good updates now cannot assure that this will release because making some animations cannot guarantee that the game will release.

Posting this kind of thread will only result in demotivation and as a result the game could never be released ,we should be optimistic about the game future I am sure its gonna release this year.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Posting this kind of thread will only result in demotivation and as a result the game could never be released ,we should be optimistic about the game future I am sure its gonna release this year.

Living in a false hope will do nothing. If you look, many people have posted all kinds of posts encouraging them to keep on working but nothing happened and as a result, we all got dissapointed. Nothing will happen by just motivating JK and LM. Jk can't even update us on whether LM responded to him or not so forget about updating on the game's progress. They should have thought about this before they started this project. If they knew that they will be able to complete it then they should have started it. I would rather chose to have never heard of TAOC than what is going on right now. WE all saw a dream which will never happen. TAOC will never release!!!

cnbd_novice

International Coach
I don't get how people can get that emotional over a game. Seriously, the hype over BLIC07, AC09, TAOC - get this - they're all just that, games. Like I said before, this is more or less a one-man game, and if LM can pull this together with his personal life, maybe we'll see it by the time we die - or maybe not, who knows. If a video game is all your life depends on - tough luck.

Allrounder18

Banned

Just chill it bro who knows if in couple weeks LM posts a thread saying that TAOC MULTIPLAYER BETA COMING this/next month (and it is certainly possible) but one thing is true I am slightly concerned about the development team why I cannt be extend? And I am clearly dissapointed in JK for not delivering the player model(As it hardly can be used for commercial benifits)

King Cricket

International Coach
I don't get how people can get that emotional over a game. Seriously, the hype over BLIC07, AC09, TAOC - get this - they're all just that, games. Like I said before, this is more or less a one-man game, and if LM can pull this together with his personal life, maybe we'll see it by the time we die - or maybe not, who knows. If a video game is all your life depends on - tough luck.

Well, maybe he posted like that because he is/was one of the most enthusiastic persons asscoiated with this game? He did work for this project and he worked really hard, but when you see that all your hard labours and everything are going in vain- is it not natural that you will feel disappointed and a sinking feeling will conquer you? That post was a spark of this sinking feeling. Maybe he is wrong, he shouldn't have posted like that, but sometimes you just can't put a lid on your emotions.

Having said that, I still think this game will be a reality one day. It will take time. A year or two from now, but it will get released, some day. I still have full faith in JK and LM. And I still am hopeful.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Seriously, if you don't have anything positive to say. Then just don't say it. Don't even visit this forum at all if your just going to start a mini-riot and state time and time again why you think the game won't be released. Theres just no logic in doing so, sure you have the right of opinion on the forum and because your spending your hard on money to expect a well made game but this obviously isn't the right way in doing so.

I patiently go across the forum from time to time, I wait. I've been waiting since the game was announced to be in production, it was only to recently I decided to sign up the forums. I'm probably going to get owned with a reply from this post so I'll be off.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
If you are all just going to attack anyone who suggests the game may not release, then there is no real point discussing if/when the game will release.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread