Premier League

D

Dutch

I think Sancho is one of the next big things, if he does what is expected from him, he will be a generational talent.
So with the current market I think the price can be justified and plus the united tax.
I guess het takes up a position on the wing: will be interesting to see where James then fits in. United seem to have an abundance of attacking players...what about shoring up the defense a bit?

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
I guess het takes up a position on the wing: will be interesting to see where James then fits in. United seem to have an abundance of attacking players...what about shoring up the defense a bit?
United have a good amount of defenders they are juts not good enough.
I think James wasn't a meant to be a starter but a substitute player.
From what I have heard they trying to move a few players out.
The thing is Sancho is a pure RW which united have been lacking for ages.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
United should be all over Sancho. He is young, English, extremely skillful and fills a gap that has existed for far too long. A front three of him, Rashford and Martial could be deadly!

Defenders are a tricky issue as left-back and a defensive mid are the only positions where I can see United buying the type of player they normally target and obtain an improvement. Elsewhere, you need to buy a world class player in order for them to get into the side (think Koulibaly) and are they really worth it in the current scenario? I believe that even for the positions mentioned prospects like Williams and McTominay should be a reasonable fill-in to see how they develop instead of buying a player who is only slightly better. Another reason why I really believe United could go all in for David Alaba; he is a world-class player who can play as a left-back or as a centre-back with Maguire compensating for the Austrian's aerial weakness. You could also have him in the centre of midfield should the need arise too.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
But where does Greenwood fit in?
Good question.
I think as a substitute for front three. From the reports i heard the reason they are interested in grealish more than van de beek is that grealish offers a backup to rashford while van de bekk offers midfield backup.
So I assume that Ole is trying to do something from the old days where they were like 5-6 attacking options in the squad.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But where does Greenwood fit in?

Greenwood is a prospect of high quality without any doubt but there will be plenty of games for everyone to share around in this day. Think of City having both Aguero and Jesus, Madrid with Benzema and Jovic for example. Greenwood still has plenty of years to become a regular in any case.

Grealish or van de Beek would be interesting at the very least to add an extra option as right now Bruno and Pogba are the only ones who play in a similar vein. However they will not be cheap and it would be better to spend the cash on a defensive mid as despite Matic's rise in form I don't view him as a quality option and spending a lot of money on a player only for them to sit on the bench half the time would not make the most sense right now when there are gaping holes elsewhere.

D

Dutch

Greenwood is a prospect of high quality without any doubt but there will be plenty of games for everyone to share around in this day. Think of City having both Aguero and Jesus, Madrid with Benzema and Jovic for example. Greenwood still has plenty of years to become a regular in any case.

Grealish or van de Beek would be interesting at the very least to add an extra option as right now Bruno and Pogba are the only ones who play in a similar vein. However they will not be cheap and it would be better to spend the cash on a defensive mid as despite Matic's rise in form I don't view him as a quality option and spending a lot of money on a player only for them to sit on the bench half the time would not make the most sense right now when there are gaping holes elsewhere.
I agree: Matic is too much of the Maguire ilk and slows things down too much. They need a little pace centrally but someone who isnt running out of position all the time.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Users who are viewing this thread