PS3 Settings Non-HDTV

D

Dutch

Hello all, don't really know where to post this..hope this is a good place. I have recently acquired a PS3. I don't have a HDTV. What are the best settings in the PS3 video options? I have IC2010 and the crowds are quite blurry and colorless form a distance. The game looks generally good but I wondered if there are some settings i should know about that will enhance the quality of the picture?

Thanks for any help!

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
You'll be using the composite cables that come with the PS3, I assume? Check what your TV will support, if it will support component, then get component cables, if not but it supports S-video, get some S-video cables.

There aren't really going to be any settings to compensate for a SDTV that's, for example, 30" or larger.

D

Dutch

You'll be using the composite cables that come with the PS3, I assume? Check what your TV will support, if it will support component, then get component cables, if not but it supports S-video, get some S-video cables.

There aren't really going to be any settings to compensate for a SDTV that's, for example, 30" or larger.

Ah okay, the cables make such a difference??
At this moment I am using the cables that came with the PS3 and a Scart adapter that came with it as well. The TV does have an S video input. So that would be better to do??

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
At this moment I am using the cables that came with the PS3 and a Scart adapter that came with it as well. The TV does have an S video input. So that would be better to do??
Scart is about on par with S video, you wouldn't notice that difference. Your only real move is to up the contrast levels on the set.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Do this:
1. Turn RGB to full
2. Super white to On

shan111

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What I would suggest is a bit different than connecting PS3 to a non-HDTV. Do you have LCD monitor of about 20" or more? What I do is I connect my PS3 to the montor via and HDMI to DVI cable. For Audio, I use a 2x Female RCA to 3.5mm stereo adapter which I connect either to the computer speaker or spare headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread