Tech Support

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
sooooooooo Google instant anyone?

I haven't actually got it yet for some reason but went to google.com and tried it. I suppose it would be rather useful.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I haven't actually got it yet for some reason but went to google.com and tried it. I suppose it would be rather useful.
It is only on the main US Google (google.com/ncr) while logged in with a google account. I just use the search box in Firefox so rarely see the front page of google.

Chewie

BCCI President
I just use the search box in Firefox so rarely see the front page of google.

I have google as my homepage but tend to use the omnibox in Chrome for my first search anyway.

Chewie

BCCI President
For Chrome users:

I've just found an extension called 'Bolder' that makes it so you don't need to click the b, i, u, or insert link buttons to perform those actions. You can just use normal ctrl shortcuts. Increases efficiency slightly.

I went on firefox before though and I'm not sure whether it's just the version I have, a random add-on I've installed, but it has this feature built in, and furthermore it shows the text as bolder, italicised, etc. and doesn't show the bbcode. Can someone confirm whether it's a firefox 'feature' or not?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The features you talk about our based on vBulletin's implementation. Probably in Chrome, websites aren't allowed to handle keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+B, etc.) whereas in Firefox they are. Hence, vBulletin in Firefox handles the shortcuts and executes the relevant JavaScript to insert the BB code tags into your textbox.

The formatted text view you're talking about is probably because you have the WYSIWYG editor selected in your user options page (http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions). Don't know why it isn't showing up in Chrome, though.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
As my T-Mobile contract is running out - OMG ONLY ONE MORE MONTH OF THIS BULLCRAP :banana2:banana2 - I've started to look for other options in the cell phone market. What I have really been interested in recently is the Evo 4g. Looks sexy as hell, has beastly specs, a great screen, a front facing camera (which I think is going to become an essential thing in smartphones over the next 2 years) and has the best build of android imo in HTC Sense. Plus they have great reception in my area.

Hopefully their plan rates are reasonable and I can get my family to switch over. My dad wants to get iPhones. I mean iP4s are great and all and I wouldn't mind having one, but I played around with my uncles iPhone this weekend and it was just...so boring. Plus the death grip was a pain. :\

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
As my T-Mobile contract is running out - OMG ONLY ONE MORE MONTH OF THIS BULLCRAP :banana2:banana2 - I've started to look for other options in the cell phone market. What I have really been interested in recently is the Evo 4g. Looks sexy as hell, has beastly specs, a great screen, a front facing camera (which I think is going to become an essential thing in smartphones over the next 2 years) and has the best build of android imo in HTC Sense. Plus they have great reception in my area.

Hopefully their plan rates are reasonable and I can get my family to switch over. My dad wants to get iPhones. I mean iP4s are great and all and I wouldn't mind having one, but I played around with my uncles iPhone this weekend and it was just...so boring. Plus the death grip was a pain. :\

If you can wait a bit longer I hear 1.2 Ghz phones will be coming out soon

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
We all just switched to AT&T and iPhone's about 2 hours ago. Still syncing everything.

It's a fantastic device. The 'deathgrip' isn't as annoying as I thought it would be. The screen, camera, everything blows my G1 out of the water. My first gen iPod touch was seriously lagging behind as well so this is a good upgrade, in the sense that it kills two birds with one stone.
AT&T were great - waived our activation fees plus paid for the ETF from T-Mobile. The service is alright. I get 5 bars of Edge where I live which is better than the 3 bars of GPRS (:facepalm :doh) to 2 bar of Edge to the occasional half bar of 3G with T-Mo.

Overall very happy with the iPhone. Looking forward to keeping it for the next two years.

AkshayC

County Cricketer
web browser

i have used netscape navigator (web browser) but it was very much similar to internet explorer

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Netscape Navigator similar to IE? I would say it should be similar to Firefox, considering it was built on the same platform.
Having said that, haven't used Netscape since more than 2 years.

Chewie

BCCI President
I remember using netscape once :) It's more similar to the original Mozilla browser, than to Firefox itself.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Okay, a random thought (a question).:)
Which of these do you guys use more often/or which is more better?
Utorrent or bittorrent?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Utorrent. Simply because it's lighter, and performs the same function as Bittorrent at the same efficiency, if not better.

Varun

ICC Board Member
But I still don't get to extract max speed out of it.:(

Users who are viewing this thread