Tech Support

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They make two updates a year, and the second number indicates the month, while the first number indicates the year.

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
Anyone know the history behind the numbering scheme? Ubuntu seems to make only .04 and .10 releases.

It has a six month release plan

One releases in April(04) and one in october(10)

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
Ubuntu 10.10 is released and it was released on 10:10 GMT!
JUst started the Upgrade:yes

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Jailbreak for iPhone 4g is out - limera1n.. Works perfectly well with OS 4.0-4.1. I Just jailbroke my iPod Touch 3g which was running on 4.1.
:D

Chewie

BCCI President
I might upgrade and try it. I'm still on 4.0 because there wasn't any break for 4.01 or 4.02. What is there in 4.1 that might persuade me to upgrade?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Nothing much to be honest.. In the iPod, i've been gifted a Game Centre thing.. something which can be used to play multiplayer with other users..

I was on 4.0.2 before the JB, but i was unable to enter DFU mode (due to my mistake) and I was not able to Jailbreak it. I thought maybe it needs 4.1 to work, so I upgraded.
I'm not a fan of apple updates anyway.

Last edited:

Chewie

BCCI President
ok I think I'll just stay on 4.0 then :)

Chewie

BCCI President
Saw this post by a commenter over on Gizmodo:

There's one thing that really makes all the difference for me between PC and console gaming (Seeing as thats going to be the hot topic on this post)....anti-aliasing.

You console-only guys have no idea how bad you have it. When I am playing on my 360 it looks like some sort of 8-bit creature has puked all over my screen. When I play on my PC I can play HUGE maps and see every crisp line on the horizon, thus making it easier to identify friend from foe, etc, etc. and it doesnt give me a headache when walking through a 'grimey' city...god on a console you can hardly tell the wall from the floor.

Whether this (plus: Much richer GFX, faster load times, an insane frame rate, a delicate, accurate, and modular control system, games that could handle 64x64 player maps years ago, the ability to CHANGE the power and/or components of your system at will, the ability to adjust ingame controls and performance to meet your own requirements, infinite upgrade capabilities and instant accessibility, no fees to game online, downloadable software that can be stored server-side indefinitely (e.g. Steam), the ease (and it is easy when you have google)of fixing your PC when something goes wrong instead of praying the warranty is covering your red ring, thousands of mods and the ability to create your own, a back catalogue that dwarfs ALL consoles, a near-infinite wealth of other non-gaming capabilities, and the knowledge that every console will eventually die and PC will live on) is enough to warrant the extra money that is yours and only yours to control and do with as you please, is obviously up to you.

I personally feel I get my extra few hundred pounds worth out of my awesome rig which has a much grander purpose and lifespan than any single-purpose console. Plus I love getting my hands dirty and building/adding/changing bits in my PC, its a hobby alongside my other hobby: gaming.

Each to their own, but don't come wailing about how cheap and 'nearly the same' consoles are to PC gaming when really the are incomparable platforms.

Thought it quite nicely summarised some of the reasons why PC>consoles :)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
That's pretty much why I have resisted buying a console since the PSX. I've played 360 at a few friends' places but I'm not an avid enough gamer to warrant buying one of those and then buying $50 games. PC games are usually cheaper and can be modded.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I would love to have the time to play games! I'm not a fan of consoles either, but being a casual gamer, I guess I don't have that much a say. Give me FIFA and a NFS game, on any platform and I'll be happy for hours :p
I agree with almost everything that guy has to say.

Users who are viewing this thread