Random Thoughts

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
That's a quality education you're getting there :p

any luck with the job search?

Haha, well to be fair the videos were just for a bit of fun, and even if they weren't, they are actually really well made!

Still looking. Grad school is the first option. Job if I don't get in or don't get a scholarship.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Maybe you should marry my sister for the citizenship

Haha. I'm applying to 2/3 schools in USA, 1 in Canada, and 1 in Switzerland, so I'm keeping my options open, but USA is my first choice.

Highlander999

ICC President
Sitting at a desk, looking at supplier contracts and it just hit me. I am officially an adult now. Gone are the uni days of waking up hungover and carrying on drinking. I wear a suit, am glued to the work phone or emails, have a very good grad job and my weekend consisted of going to Homebase with the girlfriend to pick out paint samples for the living room, washing my car and a dinner party.

And you know what.....I quite like it!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sitting at a desk, looking at supplier contracts and it just hit me. I am officially an adult now. Gone are the uni days of waking up hungover and carrying on drinking. I wear a suit, am glued to the work phone or emails, have a very good grad job and my weekend consisted of going to Homebase with the girlfriend to pick out paint samples for the living room, washing my car and a dinner party.

You've changed man. I don't like it.

Highlander999

ICC President
To be fair, some of my best mates are coming down to London this weekend so I fully expect to wake up in Calais. Actually what is more likely is given the fact I barely drink anymore, I'll probably have 4 pints and pass out!

But on a serious note. I really like the responsibility of the job and life right now. I'm 24 in January and I could very realistically hold a senior management role in my mid-30s. I have a lot more disposable income now and can just pack up and go away for long weekends in Paris, Milan or Barcelona (I'm off to Berlin next month!) This is evidence that there is life after uni :p

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors

This is the complete opposite of the Choose Life monologue from Trainspotting.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
To be fair, some of my best mates are coming down to London this weekend so I fully expect to wake up in Calais. Actually what is more likely is given the fact I barely drink anymore, I'll probably have 4 pints and pass out!

But on a serious note. I really like the responsibility of the job and life right now. I'm 24 in January and I could very realistically hold a senior management role in my mid-30s. I have a lot more disposable income now and can just pack up and go away for long weekends in Paris, Milan or Barcelona (I'm off to Berlin next month!) This is evidence that there is life after uni :p

Clearly we're different. I'm holding onto being a childish son of a bitch for as long as possible. Doesn't help that I spend 3 days a week in a Year 1 class, or maybe it does.

Disposable income? What's that? The only way of living I know is baked beans and toast for 20 days a month.

Highlander999

ICC President
You doing some teaching work, Si?

Yeah, means I can buy the "finest" range when it comes to the weekly food shop and can use fabric softener when I do my washing! Talk about luxury!!!!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
You doing some teaching work, Si?

Yeah, means I can buy the "finest" range when it comes to the weekly food shop and can use fabric softener when I do my washing! Talk about luxury!!!!

Weekly shop? What's that.

I am indeed, PGCE primary, I've never known what tired is/was until I hit this last month.

Highlander999

ICC President
Love it. Got a promotion yesterday. Didn't know what I was doing before. Now I just have more stuff going on which I don't know about. Been with the company for a month and this job I am now doing, you are normally meant to have been there for a few years. God bless the recession causing a recruitment freeze being in place so that I am the only option :D

Users who are viewing this thread