Real Cricket Real Cricket '14: Live: iOS & Android!

How do you guys rate Real Cricket? 14 Vs the Rest?

• The Best

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Better than Some

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • At Par

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • The Others are Better

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

mav77mortal

Game Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hi Guys,

I do not know how many still remember me from a few years ago. I created "Ultimate Cricket 2011" for the mobile devices of the time.
Years have passed and I feel the need to develop a brand new game for the coming year. We have just entered the pre-production stage of the game. Saying that, considering it is a mobile game that we are building the development time will not be forever and we are looking to have the game out before the first half of 2014. (perhaps even towards the end of the first quarter ;) )

I will soon be posting some concept stage images to get your feedback on our style for the look and feel of the game. You could expect the first piece of evidence as early as later today or tomorrow at the very latest.

Cheers and wish us luck ... . :cheers

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ah,that game was brilliant.Played it on my very old Nokia 500,it was the best cricket game available then.Loved what you guys did for Symbian in those days.
Now,I really have high expectations from you guys now we've Android/iOS platform which are far more superior.Good luck with that mate.Do well.Cheers.

mav77mortal

Game Developer
First Look

Hi Guys,

As promised - some evidence that we're doing this for real. I would like your feedback.
We've tried to drive towards the initial look and feel. Your inputs are crucial and are very important to me - so please do contribute.

Click to view full screen or alternatively download the attachment.

P.S. - This is a early stage concept image with absolutely no effort put on any finishing

Attachments

• cricket-view.png
    cricket-view.png
    373.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

angad

Chairman of Consent
Hi Guys,

As promised - some evidence that we're doing this for real. I would like your feedback.
We've tried to drive towards the initial look and feel. Your inputs are crucial and are very important to me - so please do contribute.

Click to view full screen or alternatively download the attachment.

P.S. - This is a early stage concept image with absolutely no effort put on any finishing

Pretty neat!! However, could you share with us some gameplay mechs that you are looking to implement. Graphically and presentation-wise there are a lot of good cricket games on mobiles, however none venture close to providing an authentic gameplay.

It would be interesting to know what kind of a game are you looking to make...one that is good looking but arcadey or something that would feel like cricket?

mav77mortal

Game Developer
Pretty neat!! However, could you share with us some gameplay mechs that you are looking to implement. Graphically and presentation-wise there are a lot of good cricket games on mobiles, however none venture close to providing an authentic gameplay.

It would be interesting to know what kind of a game are you looking to make...one that is good looking but arcadey or something that would feel like cricket?
Hey angad, thanks for your reply. I think you need to download one of the Ultimate cricket jar files out there and run it on a Java emulator (Kemulator).
That game was made in 2010 and you should have a play ... it will give you an idea of what kind of cricket games I look to make. ..

angad

Chairman of Consent
Hey angad, thanks for your reply. I think you need to download one of the Ultimate cricket jar files out there and run it on a Java emulator (Kemulator).
That game was made in 2010 and you should have a play ... it will give you an idea of what kind of cricket games I look to make. ..

Do you have a link where I can find it?? :spy

angad

Chairman of Consent
Played the game for sometime using java emulator, and I have to say, its the best mobile cricket game ever (gameplay wise). The way the ball seamed on a green wicket.... just awesome! Really liked it a lot!! Good job dude for creating this game.

I hope you make a kicka*s game for android as well, and instead of using swipe functionality to play shots (like most current cricket games on android do), maybe have couple of joysticks there on the screen along with a couple of buttons to control the gameplay like the Fifa games do (maybe us can use the same control scheme BigAnt have come up with :D). Cant wait to see what you come up with :cheers

mav77mortal

Game Developer
Played the game for sometime using java emulator, and I have to say, its the best mobile cricket game ever (gameplay wise). The way the ball seamed on a green wicket.... just awesome! Really liked it a lot!! Good job dude for creating this game.

I hope you make a kicka*s game for android as well, and instead of using swipe functionality to play shots (like most current cricket games on android do), maybe have couple of joysticks there on the screen along with a couple of buttons to control the gameplay like the Fifa games do (maybe us can use the same control scheme BigAnt have come up with :D). Cant wait to see what you come up with :cheers
Thanks angad, I was an underdog then and now as well things haven't changed much. I was very satisfied when I delivered Ultimate Cricket and so were most PC members. Hopefully this happens again. Working with a different company now and let's hope I can guide them to success.
I will be putting in some polls each time I have some important questions that need answering so that you guys can contribute towards the game.

mav77mortal

Game Developer
Will the controls be swipe-based or button-based or some other way?
I personally hate swipe controls for a cricket game... and hence will be looking at a virtual d-pad with buttons option ... some more time playing once the proto is ready will allow me to choose the best option.
Do not worry the controls will be cricket friendly .. ;-)

angad

Chairman of Consent
I personally hate swipe controls for a cricket game... and hence will be looking at a virtual d-pad with buttons option ... some more time playing once the proto is ready will allow me to choose the best option.
Do not worry the controls will be cricket friendly .. ;-)

I would suggest you use the virtual joystick that fifa/shooting games use these days for mobiles with touchscreen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
If there gonna be bowling, do make sure its not based on pitch marker.

----------

You can ask for line by moving arrows possible, and get the length(full, good and short) through some buttons and 'd pad' can be used the invisible pitch marker to move over the input region. And at the rime of release a speed meter and relate it with the no-ball, as no better alternative can be found.:/
Best of luck, anyways!:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread