Gameplay Sliders/Modifiers Discussion

khan31

International Coach
Does anyone know what do the following sliders do in terms of gameplay, i.e. how's the gameplay changed/impacted when you bump up/down the following slider values?
1. Striker Skill Bonus
2. Early Shot Timing Window
3. Late Shot Timing Window

@Gamer Pradosh any idea? Am able to understand the others after reading the descriptions but these 3 confound me.

2 and 3 I believe control the window for shot to be classed as early/late rather than a complete miss. So if you think of your timing window made up of the following stages, Early - Ok - Ideal - Ok - Late, then you're basically saying how early or late can you be on a shot.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Does anyone know what do the following sliders do in terms of gameplay, i.e. how's the gameplay changed/impacted when you bump up/down the following slider values?
1. Striker Skill Bonus
2. Early Shot Timing Window
3. Late Shot Timing Window

@Gamer Pradosh any idea? Am able to understand the others after reading the descriptions but these 3 confound me.
1. Increased bonus which is awarded to the batsman on playing a shot.. TBH even I am not able to get this as whether its applicable for career only because in general its just stats recorded right.. But thats what it says.. Like how DBC 14 had leg side +1 point for every shot something like that maybe.. Matt could be more clear on this..

2. This is basically increasing the range of early shot timing.. Would be helpful if you are that guy who plays it too early and misses, increasing this would ensure a connect..

3.Similar to above but for late timing.. I feel this makes more sense to me as I always try to get the ball to come to me rather than me going towards it.. So this is for people who react according to the ball and like to play them late..

sanjivcena1

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
With the AI modifiers, they are modifiers
from the base difficulty chosen, rather than an absolute value.
U need to tell which will be the best and most competitive mode or slider setting to make the AI competitive, no matter what the difficulty is currently the AI scores around 270 max, which i could chase easily. AI edges lot of shots and ends up loosing wicket, please suggest

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Based on playing one Ashes test match I would say that the amount of edges needs to be toned down drastically for both human and AI.

What can you recommend as the best way to do that?

pratss

School Cricketer
Pitch type and hardness don't matter. The ball reacts the same on every pitch type, just like their tennis game.
I don’t think so , on very soft pitch , the bounce is very low[DOUBLEPOST=1559574891][/DOUBLEPOST]It becomes a very sticky kind of wicket

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Does anyone have a catalog of good sliders yet? I suppose this stuff really takes time to tinker with. I'm already one game into my Ashes series and it was loads of fun but I found both myself and the AI edging the ball too often, and I'd love to know how to turn that down before game 2.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I played ashes on hard batting

It was like T20 is playing at strike rate more than 250% ,

Then I switch to Hardest Mode in batting believe me I could not make further 10 runs. it is so hard to hit every goes edges in on side .

Really now confused what mode to play ashes .

Is Bigant looking into this case ? these settings are not proper .

HD6274

Club Cricketer
just tilt sliders between hard to hardest make them in between then it will give you great balance of batting.

Reactions: DAP

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I found batting on medium I was edging everything. Toned down the edges a tad and it became fun.

Bowling though, I have no idea how in a test to get the AI to get out by methods other than bowled, LBW and caught behind/slips.

Users who are viewing this thread