Recess Mafia - Mafia (Hedger & IceAge) Win!

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
What? You're saying Varun claimed Vanilla while actually being Tracker? I smell a rat. Looks to me like another fake claim. There are things up there that I think I might be able to pick holes in as well, unless...
Well I don't know how to go about this but I can see that if Abhas's innocence was proved it would be quite a breakthrough for the town.
But the thing is I don't see the reasoning in Varun claiming that role, with a tracker already claiming, I would've cced without thought.
Also, forgive me if I missed it, but did Muskateer reveal who his character was?

El Loco

ENG....
I've looked back and it by the looks of things, Muskateer is Gretchen. Abbas hasn't revealed his character, pretty sure that would've been the first thing he would've mentioned, Varun at least did as much.

Massive FOS: Abhas as it all doesn't add up. Fair play to him, Varun has left him in a precarious position which he can't help.
Not voting though as I'm about to turn in and I don't what him lynched before he tries to add something thing further, since he hasn't played much of a part here. That said I probably will weigh in with the hammer if it comes to that, which it might well do.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well I guess he was still claiming to be Becky I think it was. But yeah, I don't believe it at all. Why would Varun not claim his correct role. Literally nothing to gain from keeping his results hidden when the pressure was on him.

Not sure what Abhas is trying here, could be a last ditch effort to save himself since he knows he can't get out otherwise. Also trying to claim with a guilty on thedon may be a bad attempt at trying to frame his partner (or just a random townie for that matter), hoping that some of the inexperienced town do actually end up lynching otherwise.

Either way, I don't think there's much chance of his claim being true, unless he's an individually aligned tracker who thought it was smarter to claim vanilla. But I think Abhas would have just outright claimed that (like I remember he claimed individual in HP mafia when he was Draco). So he's individual (most likely can't win with town), or mafia (which is more likely).

Either way, my lynch stays and will remain that way, unless someone can really come up with a possible reason why he'd fake claim as town.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
This shows I have been very poor in using my night role.

Watching Varun was very poor. You watch people that are likely to be killed. Watching me last night was fine, but I think mafia targeted you last night from Abhas' report. I don't think he'd claim someone visiting a person that he didn't actually kill. And on the slim chance that Abhas is tracker, then the report basically confirms you were targeted last night.

Also just clearing this up for you musk, but Abhas claimed that Simon visited thedon, not the other way around, so Simon dying has no effect on what thedon's role may be.[DOUBLEPOST=1422752972][/DOUBLEPOST]
But the thing is I don't see the reasoning in Varun claiming that role, with a tracker already claiming

musk claimed watcher, not tracker.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
OK so that confirms that Abhas is Mafia and hedger is town then.

Abhas's claim makes no sense whatsoever and he's looking just as dodgy as Varun did.

What a waste that we didn't lynch him yesterday (and ended up delaying the game by several days).

IceAge is another Mafia member for sure.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Also, if Abhas is town, that leaves town with:

Tracker, Watcher. He confirms Simon had a power role. Simon couldn't be doc, because he couldn't have saved thedon and there's no explanation to why there was no kill last night. If Simon was roleblocker, that would mean town would have a Tracker, Watcher, Roleblocker, Doctor. That's probably about as overpowered as you could get. I just can't see town having that many power roles in a 10 player game. Unless mafia no killed last night but really what do they have to gain from that?

This game has gone slow enough as it is, I don't think it's really worth coming up with excuses to delay the day and come up with possible reasons why Abhas might be town, so I would suggest to lynch without much more thought. If you really think he's town, just read what I've said as to why I think it's overpowered, and given that Varun claimed to be a character that played nearly no part in the film (I think anyway) and that he didn't have a power role, and the poorness of Varun's play all game, this should be pretty simple.

And I agree with thedon that Iceage is probably going to be scum after this, but I don't think it's wise to lynch him without looking at other options. I think Yash is definitely or at least most probably town. I don't think Abhas had much reason to point out how he faded if they were scum together, I think yash was in a decent position (if he was scum), and doing that put some unnecessary look at his play. And given the point that he was told to back off by someone (even though the point was made by Abhas), User was the one that told him to calm down, since things were getting a little heated so I don't find much suspicious in that.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
The question is if he is the saviour then why simon is dead .
I tracked Simon, and he was seen near thedon. I think you're confusing Tracker with your role, which is the watcher.

But the thing is I don't see the reasoning in Varun claiming that role, with a tracker already claiming, I would've cced without thought.
I don't know his thoughts, but I certainly feel he was trying to lay low, possibly get a mafia to claim tracker so that he could cc.

I've looked back and it by the looks of things, Muskateer is Gretchen. Abbas hasn't revealed his character, pretty sure that would've been the first thing he would've mentioned, Varun at least did as much.
Varun already character claimed.

I'm Becky Detweiler, T.J.'s Sister. I don't know much about what's happening and although I couldn't really be bothered, it's upto me to figure it out on my own. I'm a Vanilla Townie.
I'd like to come clean here, and admit I'm neither a vanilla, nor a townie. I'm infact individual aligned, and the role PM elucidates it is because I'm a misfit in this group, and I'd just want to blend in. Varun forgot to remove this line when he fake claimed - "it's upto me to figure it out on my own", which is there in the original PM.

Coming to think of it, tracker is a very unconventional role for an individual, but very smart indeed (who would've thought oUser coming up with something like this? :p). As an individual, I can side with the mafia or the town. Trackers can essentially easily find out who have night roles, and when combined with the mafia, they essentially narrow down the power roles.
When sided with the town, and especially with the watcher, the combo can be an easy replacement for the cop.

I think Varun might have been confused how to use the role, or whether people might have believed it or not. Either ways, his play wasn't upto the mark at all, and I'd like everyone to think with an open mind before jumping to lynches.

Not sure what Abhas is trying here, could be a last ditch effort to save himself since he knows he can't get out otherwise. Also trying to claim with a guilty on thedon may be a bad attempt at trying to frame his partner (or just a random townie for that matter), hoping that some of the inexperienced town do actually end up lynching otherwise.

I don't know why both hedger and thedon have been this aggressive towards me. From my results, and from the general gameplay, I'm 100% sure atleast one of them is mafia. They might as well be a team too.
Also, you're saying the town is inexperienced, which definitely makes me think seriously that thedon and Hedger might be a mafia team. Hedger is quite experienced, so is thedon. If they were town, that's 2 very experienced townies.

I'm going to go ahead with putting some pressure, and get some discussion going.
Lynch: thedon

He is intent on just lynching, and a frustration of a missed night kill is quite evident.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm yet to read most of the posts, will be going through them and try posting something useful. Please excuse me until then. Thanks. :thumbs

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I have little clue where Abhas is going with this. Next when people don't believe him again he'll make another excuse.

Time to finish him off.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I have little clue where Abhas is going with this. Next when people don't believe him again he'll make another excuse.

Time to finish him off.

And, do you have anything to justify that, apart from what your mafia buddies are telling you?

El Loco

ENG....
Alright so Abhas is supposedly a tracker and Musk is a watcher. But their results seem to reveal similar findings on paper (not that they reveal similar things about the game, just that they both diverge visitor information), I just want to make sure I'm not making any misconceptions here.

I'd rather we lynched a Mafia aligned player than a self-aligned player as Abhas apparently is. I'm still trying to get my head round why Varun claimed vanilla though, but then again I guess he would've been lynched sooner if he claimed as Abhas has now.
I don't know about what anyone else thinks but there is still nobody in the game apart from Musk who I have confirmed townie in my books.
I do also want to believe that Abhas's results are genuine as I think we could be on to something here.

FOS thedon5 his play has been pretty suspect since the start of the day so I'm shifting over to him now. He also mentioned how the doctor has been on point in this game but ironically that might be his undoing. Can the remaining town help us read into this please?

Edit: Also note I'm not concluding anything here so don't take me up on this just yet.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Seriously if you want to even believe Abhas right now, then I don't even know what to tell you. He would have claimed individual aligned instantly if he could have sided with the town, he only claimed individual after I decided to mention it, which now looking back I probably shouldn't have since it's quite blatant we're lynching mafia right now. On the chance he's individual aligned, he's not sided with the town. I don't know what characters would be individual aligned. Becky isn't going to be in the game, and if she was she would be town. She doesn't do anything evil or against the main characters, apart from hating her brother (which all siblings do), so that's really not enough to make me think that someone like Becky would be individually aligned.

Regarding thedon, the further this game goes on, with Abhas now basically 100% mafia, I think he could be town. I'm not certain on that though, especially as he didn't do much in the first few days, and now could just be trying to restore his game by busing Varun, however his push seems genuine enough for me to believe it atm.

I really don't know what Loco is playing at right now, and I really can't see why he completely flipped his reads to try and get more suspicion on thedon after a less than average individual aligned claim from Abhas. Doesn't make sense to me.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I originally had a town read on El Loco, but that sudden swing in opinion he made paired with his mediocre reasoning makes me think he is the third Mafia member. He didn't lynch Varun either.

Hedger is making solid points and honestly I agree that I find it difficult to believe that anyone in their right mind could believe what Abhas is saying.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Think he lynched him yesterday, but not today. I don't think there was much reason to change his mind. I know Abhas replaced Varun and I guess we should have let him say something at least, but Varun should have been lynched yesterday, and Abhas has just scrambled today, but there's no reason to really try stalling today to lynch someone else, especially thedon who Abhas has tried to frame. If people thought he was scum before, there should be no change to people's thoughts on that, otherwise they're pretty gullible. People believing he was town beforehand is another story but I think only Iceage tried to protect him, and I don't think he's even posted today. And musk I don't think has a single read this game which is very helpful.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
. I've had Suliaman as town for most of this game but at the end of the day he was playing very strangely and that's made me question that assumption.

What was strange in my play? I just wanted to question Don a thing and did it by a great pressure and, he was good at answering it as it convinced me. Getting to the hot topic (:p), Abhas' claim doesn't really make any sense; I mean, why the hell wouldn't Varun claim that? He was always going to get lynched or at least questioned with a hell lot of pressure so, cc'ing a mafia for claiming a tracker would have just increased the suspicion rather than him convincing us. Also I don't see how Becky has a role and that too a pr which's individually aligned! Just look at it, she was the sister of one of the main character, how could she team up with the mafia? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

This game has gone too far so I'd just lynch him rather than FOSing him;

Lynch: Abhas

Users who are viewing this thread