Regarding Staff & Finances - all staff please read

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi all,

just wanted to make something clear in case it wasn't clear already :)

Any assistance offered by the community for TCP will NOT be renumerated in any way...so if you were under the impression you would be paid please let me know asap and we can discuss further, but i cannot pay anyone for their work or services....the other thing which i should mention is that if you provide artwork etc. for me for use in the project, i cannot provide you payment for that, so in effect you are granting me permission to use it in the game for free. This probably sounds nastier than it really is, i hope it doesn't put anyone off....

The tricky part is that IF the game is sold (commercially) for any sum, there will still be no renumeration. I just wanted to clarify this in case people had expectations of being monetarily rewarded for their work. The best i can guarantee for people whose artwork makes it into the game or whose services are used extensively would be a free copy of the final game.

Again i wanted to say that im not in this for the money - IF it is sold commercially after all, then ALL monies recieved would go back into the game's continued development and towards recouping losses i have incurred along the way. In any case, if it is sold commercially the 'licensed' content would not be usable legally for the version i release. The community could of course easily rectify this with patches etc. and working together to pool all said 'licensed' content.

cheers,

Legend_Master (aka Paul) ;)

sid_19840

International Coach
I would say that Im aware that most of us,including myself(I could say all,but I dont know all the staff members personally) are in here not for money or credit.We are here to support to in an amazing,almost solo effort to produce the most realistic cricket game.So the satisfaction of playing a part in its progress is big enough for us.Cheers.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
That does sets straight few things as its something I thought should be the case as usually is with Open source. You can probably sell the game and try and recover your precious time.:cool:

legend_master

thanks guys,

i also didn't mean to imply that everyone was out to get money either :p i know that the vast majority of forum users here are very honorable people :)

and of course everyone who assists in any way will be mentioned in the credits ;)

siddharth2002

Btw any thoughts on how do u want to release it. A good option will be Web-hosted with Cd-key purchase.

legend_master

still undecided, mate...will not know till much later...i haven't dismissed any options yet...

siddharth2002

legend_master said:
still undecided, mate...will not know till much later...i haven't dismissed any options yet...
Yup if u ever think about releasing it for free than options are endless though money is imp.:D

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
sid_19840 said:
I would say that Im aware that most of us,including myself(I could say all,but I dont know all the staff members personally) are in here not for money or credit.We are here to support to in an amazing,almost solo effort to produce the most realistic cricket game.So the satisfaction of playing a part in its progress is big enough for us.Cheers.
I would pretty much agree with that, although I have another motive in that it would look rather good on my resume (same with many other people's work on this)

holmie

Club Cricketer
i still think donation is the best way. i have a very good reason too. the reason is that if you use the donation method to make money, then that is not considered as selling the product. because i know tcp uses alot of licenced material and you'll have to buy the licence to every single thing if you want to use it in the game. but if you use donation you'll certainly save yourself hell lot of paper work, you get to use anything in the game wether its licenced or not, and most importantly the money you collect you dont have to give anything to the companys for using their material.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Great point there, better to do it by donation than payment due to the licence laws

And I didnt expect to be paid for doing any form of work.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
What?! This is an outrage! I was expecting 50,000USD annual salary with health insurance, dental plan, 401(k), 10 days vacation right off the bat, and tons more! And now I find out I'm being screwed?

Oh wait, nevermind, I'm not part of the TCP staff. :p

Brett_Lee

International Coach
The Spin said:
Great point there, better to do it by donation than payment due to the licence laws

And I didnt expect to be paid for doing any form of work.
Yeah donation would be the best way to go

Well put LM

What you could do on yoru site would be this

Have a section click here to retain your copy of cricket project. Then before it links to the page ask for donations. and tell everyone to donate a certain amount before they are redirected to the page of cd key and download as Siddharth said.

Or

Just when people donate link them to an area of the site where they can download via a login form or htaccess

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I could add a PayPal donation feature to the website, but Paul has told me to wait for a little while.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
yeah and wen they donate he receives an email then you can use the password protect direcotry thing in cpanel to make a username and password so they can download or make a form

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread