Representative Career Issue

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We have found an issue with gaining representative honours for some countries in career mode, particularly England.

We have been able to fix this on the server side, however, in order to have the fix you will need to "get best" and start a new career.

We envisage that an upcoming patch will enable continuation of previously begun careers.

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
We have been able to fix this on the server side, however, in order to have the fix you will need to "get best" and start a new career.
Just out of curiosity, can an issue get resolved without updating a patch and just by fixing the server. It's a small good to know information for me that's all.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Occasionally, particularly where the issue is with downloaded data from the server, it can be fixed by changing code on the server. Generally this does not help those that have already downloaded the "corrupt" data though, it needs to be downloaded again, hence we ask in this case that you do a "get best" before starting a career.

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is it get best for all teams

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Occasionally, particularly where the issue is with downloaded data from the server, it can be fixed by changing code on the server. Generally this does not help those that have already downloaded the "corrupt" data though, it needs to be downloaded again, hence we ask in this case that you do a "get best" before starting a career.

Ross, will we need to delete the existing teams and then re-download the "Get Best" teams or we simply download the "Get Best" teams without deleting the current ones? Also, when we download the "Get Best" teams which download option should we choose (e.g., "Replace current with new", "save current as well as the new" etc.)?

Eggy

School Cricketer
can we have it where we don't need to keep restarting the career mode each time we update the teams please this is really annoying cause when you put the legos in again we will have to update teams again and do another career mode.. if not can you explain why we can't do this???

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
can we have it where we don't need to keep restarting the career mode each time we update the teams please this is really annoying cause when you put the legos in again we will have to update teams again and do another career mode.. if not can you explain why we can't do this???
That will mess with stats amongst a whole range of they things. It makes sense to not be able to update teams halfway through a career mode

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
That will mess with stats amongst a whole range of they things. It makes sense to not be able to update teams halfway through a career mode
Ross did talk about putting the ability to change anything appearance wise during career, example if logos are added then updating teams would update logos in career mode, but not players stas etc, only the visual items... this may come in next patch we wait and see.

Rackemup27

Club Cricketer
I was wondering what was going on. I was captaining domestic teams in all formats and gaining no international call up.

Starting all over again....so sad.

lurk

School Cricketer
ok, i have done this, but and it now shows up international selection status, but every single county team, apart from Essex is 0OV, what have I done wrong? this game is starting to really confuse me.

Also, is this going to fix me being called up for any other format than T20? previously, i was 5 years in playing for Mumbai indians and doing well, and then when the IPL finished I was dumped back to my local club team.

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
How do u do an academy reset

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
How do u do an academy reset

Do you mean revert back to original "On disc" OOB teams and players? If yes, the you have two options....

Option 1: Delete all the teams you downloaded from the academy and then delete all the players that were part of those teams.
Option 2: Go to you console's System settings and delete the saved game data (including DBC 17 profile) and this will revert the teams/players to the default OOB ones.

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Do you mean revert back to original "On disc" OOB teams and players? If yes, the you have two options....

Option 1: Delete all the teams you downloaded from the academy and then delete all the players that were part of those teams.
Option 2: Go to you console's System settings and delete the saved game data (including DBC 17 profile) and this will revert the teams/players to the default OOB ones.
But that would delete ur stats

Rackemup27

Club Cricketer
The update works (after re start) now I can see whether or not england are interested in me for various tours and competitions.

Nice one big ant.

One point though. I'm happy to restart my career for important updates but perhaps we could have the option to start at county level?

Its just that after a few restarts the club level feels a tad like a chore

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread