Research Tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This will give some idea as to the scope planned for the game. The research needed is going to be fairly extensive.

My new bestest buddy in the whole wide world, Bumba :D, has pointed us to a brilliant site that will make the task a lot easier. For the most part a lot of the research will involve the collation of data rather than genuine fact finding. The site is http://www.howstat.com and will be invaluable to us.

The actual collation of player research is going to be a little while off yet - if we do it too soon then the data will be out of date. However there are some things that I need to know asap. So I will divide this list into immediate and future research information. You also need to bear in mind that we do not need researchers for the ten test playing teams - the research for those countries will be directed at the first class teams that play in those countries (we will naturally have the test and odi squads from that information).

Oh, and if you volunteer to do one piece of research, you can choose to do more if you are feeling generous/keen... :)

Immediate -

- At least two Stadium researchers: We need pictures, field dimensions, and as much building information (Grandstands etc) as can be found on every first class ground used in world cricket. This is a biggie because I will be starting the stadium modelling very soon.
- A competition researcher: We need a person who can find all of the rules for all the competitions we plan to incorporate into the game (by rules I mean how many points for a win, amount of overs in a day/match etc).
- Two Team and Kit researchers: We need to firstly collate a list of every single side who plays in a first class competition of one of the ten test nations, and secondly some recent pictures of their one day strip. Add to that a list of all of the countries eligible to particpate in the ICC Trophy (The ICC Associate Nations like Scotlant and Namibia etc), and a recent picture of their one day kit.

Long Term -
- One or Two researchers for each of the ten domestic first class competitions.
- One or Two researchers for all of the ICC Associate nations.
- Two researchers for all of the ten test playing nations u/17 & u/19 sides.
- One ground records researcher
- One team records researcher
- One historical/stats researcher

I think that is all of them, although I feel sure I have forgotten something from the long term side.

Anyone interested should put their name down in this thread, and specify what they wish to research, and then add me to you MSN Messenger contacts using the passport address of [email protected] (remove the NOSPAM!).

Thanks
John

Radaga

International Coach
I could give him a hand with the teams research because the other stuff i said i could do isn't ready yet

SteveG

Club Cricketer
I cool either way. Both is fine. Research both at the same time can eliminate double-handling so to speak. I have started looking the Bangladesh domestic comp and teams, as they are more then likely going to be light on in terms of info. I have accumulated a few pics of some major stadiums but, I am going to go and speak with some cricket-lovers from Dhaka (on a cricket forum I found) and see if we can get them to help maybe with stadium pics and data. They will also fill us in on more personal data about the players.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
the researching of grounds is proving to be difficult...

i am ready to get started on modelling a few stadiums - but i can not find enough info with which to start anywhere (i was going to start with the mcg).

i wonder how hb acquired the info...

Scatter

Club Cricketer
i need something with at least a couple of dimensions on it so I can scale it off. but thanks for the links sunil...

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Info for Bangladeshi stadiums is also non-existant. I have spoken to a few people on a Bangladesh forum who are willing to answer any questions we fire at them about players, comps and teams but they tell me that there is little data about the grounds.

Maybe you have to write to the grounds controlling body and ask for more details.

Umpires? Do they need to be researched?

denver82

School Cricketer
I can do research for Scotland. I live there and play cricket out of the grounds that hosts all the matches for Scotland at Grange Cricket Club. Would be glad to be a part of the project. Also, how many associate nations will you be after. There are quite a lot and some I could be helpful with.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
I'm compiling some good info on Bangladesh (start with the hardest first I say!!!). I'm not sure if we need data on what type of players the Bangladeshi's are, such as do they prefer pace or spin? Are they nervous starters? What bowling line do they prefer? Are they aggressive? Are they risk-takers? But, it does add realism to game when they are bowling or batting; you have to have some idea of how to think for them when you are controlling them.

Grounds. As I mentioned before (and as Scatter has found out) there is not much info on the Net about the stadiums. I have found a few links that I would be happy to pass on the other researchers. The Bangladeshi's that I have been talking to tell me to wait a little while until the Under-19 World Cup gets under way and then there should be more pics and data.

I want to start compiling my notes into some format soon, so if there is any particular way that would be preferred let me know.

Any other researchers out there want to swap notes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread