Retirements Thread - Imad Wasim

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Very sad news, plus he is the same age as me. Hopefully you can go and do something else now because this would be very detrimental to his health.

All the best Taylor!

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am surprised no one is discussing this.

Dilshan to play his last match tomorrow. He was a great opener, a smashing one. Even though his average is <40, he was a good batsmen in limited overs cricket. Scoring 10,000+ runs in itself is an achievement. He is one of the last remaining international cricketers who made his debut in the 1990s.

Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from ODIs and T20Is | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I am surprised no one is discussing this.

Dilshan to play his last match tomorrow. He was a great opener, a smashing one. Even though his average is <40, he was a good batsmen in limited overs cricket. Scoring 10,000+ runs in itself is an achievement. He is one of the last remaining international cricketers who made his debut in the 1990s.

Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from ODIs and T20Is | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
You shouldn't be surprised. He is obviously the great player Sri Lanka every had (not to forget the name like Jayasuriya, Sangakara, Jayawardene, Muralitharan etc..). But the way he is going in current phase seems really pathetic.

I did read this news in Cricbuzz couple of days ago. But din't bother to post it as it will be too early before his retirement. Perhaps he will be considered as a cricketer who came - played - and gone away.

Goodluck for your future life Dilshan :)

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
He's been their best ODI player since the World Cup.
Ofcourse he is. He is at no.3 in ICC rankings and I do appreciate it. But my concern is that he is not given much chances he deserve. Sometimes he is out of a series due to injury.

Throughout his career, he has been most inconsistent player in terms of fitness. Lets hope he gets a good farewell tomorrow with runs off the bat and if possible, couple of wickets with the ball.

B

Bigby Wolf

What a turnaround for Dilshan ,I remember he used to bat at no.6 for sri Lanka until 2008.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

LizardKing81

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When Ronchi was in full flight, he was a joy to watch in person, much like Travis Birt (who's potential went unfulfilled, sadly). I'm glad he got a decent international chance (albeit with New Zealand) after his brief stint with the Aussies

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 46200

When he was in full flight, he was a joy to watch in person, much like Travis Birt (who's potential went unfulfilled, sadly). I'm glad he got a decent international chance (albeit with New Zealand) after his brief stint with the Aussies
Who... ? No clue, some kind of pop star...

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Sad to see New Zealand veterans (kind of..,) retire... Jeetan Patel was good in First Class and test cricket...

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag