Retirements Thread - Imad Wasim

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I do not know such a rule of
Longer version of copy & paste when someone retires.

I see this forum is diffrent.

I will never post anything on Retirement.

Bro pasting the whole article isn’t allowed on any forum.

Bevab

Staff Member

Not good at all for SA. Seems like CSA is still losing players who could still be of service internationally and domestically whilst also struggling to find sponsors for funding… the same sponsors who seem to have no issues with the SA20. Incompetent organisation who should be rebuilt from the bottom upwards.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Not good at all for SA. Seems like CSA is still losing players who could still be of service internationally and domestically whilst also struggling to find sponsors for funding… the same sponsors who seem to have no issues with the SA20. Incompetent organisation who should be rebuilt from the bottom upwards.
He's almost 34, I really don't see it being that surprising. He almost signed a Kolpak deal in 2019 too. He's got a few years left where he can make money on the T20 circuit. He's only played 60 matches too. Probably could've been used more in T20 cricket.

Bevab

Staff Member
He's almost 34, I really don't see it being that surprising. He almost signed a Kolpak deal in 2019 too. He's got a few years left where he can make money on the T20 circuit. He's only played 60 matches too. Probably could've been used more in T20 cricket.

I’d say he’s the best pace bowling all-rounder in SA at the moment. He earned a test match out of skipping out on the Kolpak deal along with an extended international stint back then. I’m not surprised that he’s gone and retired given the incompetency at higher levels of SA cricket. This is a loss for the national side at the very least and if he continues the trend of retired SA players not being particularly active in the domestic game it’ll be a further hit.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
M Vijay retires!

I kinda assumed this was on the cards, especially after that cryptic statement from him regarding the BCCI and how they do not care about a player once he has crossed 30. Seems likely that he will ply his trade for the many flourishing T20 leagues around the world either as a player/ commentator/ coach.

B

Bigby Wolf

B

Bigby Wolf

M Vijay retires!

I kinda assumed this was on the cards, especially after that cryptic statement from him regarding the BCCI and how they do not care about a player once he has crossed 30. Seems likely that he will ply his trade for the many flourishing T20 leagues around the world either as a player/ commentator/ coach.

Well Ironically it was the year 2013 BGT series was coming the choice was between him and then a 34 year Old Wasim Jaffer as opener in the squad who was piling up runs for Mumbai in that Ranji season.

The selectors opted for the former considering his age factor.

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Tamim Iqbal has announced his retirement from international cricket.

While I respect his decision, it's still all too sudden and incomprehensible. I think whatever his reasons are he should have at least held out till the world cup instead of announcing it mid series against Afghanistan.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Tamim Iqbal has announced his retirement from international cricket.

While I respect his decision, it's still all too sudden and incomprehensible. I think whatever his reasons are he should have at least held out till the world cup instead of announcing it mid series against Afghanistan.
For sure something ongoing behind the scenes. With the world cup just months away, this announcement is really too good to be coincidental.

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
For sure something ongoing behind the scenes. With the world cup just months away, this announcement is really too good to be coincidental.
Indeed. Wonder what could it be?? :p

images (22).jpeg

Jokes aside, if it's a management issue from BCB, I wonder how far an organization can mess things up for one of the most experience players to retire just ahead of the WC. But then again, that's BCB.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Indeed. Wonder what could it be?? :p

View attachment 280451

Jokes aside, if it's a management issue from BCB, I wonder how far an organization can mess things up for one of the most experience players to retire just ahead of the WC. But then again, that's BCB.
I think it's the coach captain relationship. Hathurasingha's methods might have worked in the past, but BD have grown to be a stabler outfit than what he started off with

Bevab

Staff Member
Rumours are that he wasn’t entirely willing to play unless fully fit and pulled out of games sometimes calling himself unfit. That irked the coach who complained to Papon who asked him if he was considering it all to be gully cricket. Rumours of a bust up with Shakib too. He hasn’t been in good form if I remember.

The timing of it is still very odd. Either there’s some really annoying board interference running as usual or else he may be struggling badly with his mental health. While it wouldn’t surprise me if he did come back again after being persuaded, I hope he finds mental peace if it truly is something related to that (wild speculation on my part though).

Users who are viewing this thread