ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
The rules mentioned below are exactly ripped from @Aislabie 's post in the thread.

We'll be making Test teams, i.e. players who have played at least 1 test are allowed.

How it works

The first three "layers" of this draft will be run by PM.

Layer 1 - Protected Player
This is the one player you want in your side above all else. Well, unless someone else tries to protect him - then you both miss out.

Layer 2 - Rejected Players
This is the part where you pick 20 players who you don't want to be available for anyone. There are tactical ways of doing this, but remember that anyone you reject here will be unavailable to you even in...

Layer 3 - The Lucky Dip
This is the part where you submit four players into a lottery. They could go to anyone at all, unless they were (a) rejected by that person or (b) nominated for the Lucky Dip by more than one of you.
Once all that's done, we get into a normal ordered draft, whereby you all have to pick the last six players to desperately try to fix the teams that the first three layers have left you with in...

Layer 4 - The Recovery Draft
Yeah, just six ordered rounds which go from worst team to best team. Here you won't be able to pick anyone on the rejected list.

Last edited:

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Oooh perfect; another Layer Cake draft but one in which I don't have to make the effort of running it. I'm in!

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Cool. Will get things sorted out in the first post by tonight

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
They could go to anyone at all, unless they were (a) rejected by that person
What do you mean? It only doesn't work if it's rejected by that person, so if it's rejected by anyone else he has to take it?

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
What do you mean? It only doesn't work if it's rejected by that person, so if it's rejected by anyone else he has to take it?
I don't understand what you're saying.

Let me clarify my point.
If I am the only person who rejects Sachin Tendulkar, and then someone nominates him and he comes in the lucky draw, everyone in the draft is eligible to receive him EXCEPT me.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
I don't understand what you're saying.

Let me clarify my point.
If I am the only person who rejects Sachin Tendulkar, and then someone nominates him and he comes in the lucky draw, everyone in the draft is eligible to receive him EXCEPT me.
So basically, I should reject bad players only? Since everyone else is eligible to receive the players I reject, except me.

Users who are viewing this thread