Review Cricket Coach 2011 (Beta version 2) by Dutchad

Review Cricket Coach 2011 (Beta version 2)? by Dutchad????????????????????????????? November 7th 2010

Before starting this review it needs to be said that this is a review of a beta version of this game. The retail version will be released in a couple of weeks time. This review is based on beta 2 and there are still at least two beta versions to be released plus the final version. Therefore changes and improvements are inevitable. When these changes and improvements are clear I ill add them to the review where needed.

Secondly I want to state that I am a player of these kind of games who likes to get on with it. I want to play cricket with it, albeit in a particular form that is characteristic of this kind of management style game. I don’t necessarily want to edit all kinds of things or make things unnecessarily complicated. This means of course that some of the features have not really been thoroughly researched by me.

Thirdly pictures speak a thousand times more than words but I have decided not to overwhelm people with a massive stream of screen-shots, pretty though they may be. A demo version will be available shortly so that one can for themselves see what the possibilities are and what it all looks like. However I will touch on a number of these features as there are plenty of people who crave those possibilities.

What I love about Cricket Coach 2011 is its statistical depth. The amount of statistics and cross references to other statistics you can pull up and keep and look at now and then is truly amazing and a great joy! Cricket is to a certain extent all about statistics. No other sport analyses statistics as much as cricket. Do they really mean anything? That is open to debate, but that we love looking at them and drawing our conclusions from them is one of the joyful things about the sport and Cricket Coach 2011 is a true heaven for those who love their stats!

Read more and comment on the article here.

Article by Dutchad - Read More...

6ry4nj

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's well written, but it's not exactly a review - more a promotional piece.

The highlights engine and the database were the worst things about CC09 (I don't think there's much argument about that). How much would you say they have improved?

The website says it "feels like watching the game on TV". Does it? Isn't the highlights engine still 2D? "Feels like watching the game on radar" would be more accurate!

How much editing of the database is needed before you can start a domestic save?

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
The website says it "feels like watching the game on TV". Does it? Isn't the highlights engine still 2D? "Feels like watching the game on radar" would be more accurate!

I was wondering this. I don't remember watching little dots running around playing cricket on TV.

D

Dutch

As Cricket Coach 2011 has now been officially released I will be taking the full version through its paces and updating and renewing the review I have written.

I disagree with the comment that it is just a promotional piece although I agree that more details of the workings and features of the game is necessary, which I shall do!

P

pcfan123

Funniest comment of the month.

However I highly doubt dutchad would just promote a game if he did not personally find it to be satisfactory. He is a fair critique as anyone who is a regular to these forums will tell you.

6ry4nj

International Coach
Thanks for the positive feedback on the funny. I agree in all modesty it was a good one. More importantly, if you've played the game and seen the comment - now removed thank you Oli - on the website, you'll know how well-deserved my smart-alec one-liner was.

I'm not accusing dutchad of anything untoward. But the greatest faults of the game were glossed over. No free trial of the game was available during beta. Now that the free trial is available, one of these nights I'll discover for myself whether the database, the highlights engine, and the bowling tactics system have improved. And if in the meantime, dutchad's updated review answers some of my questions, so much the better!

D

Dutch

Hi everyone, I am real busy at the moment but I am working on a deep review of the game and hope to post it soon with lots of screenshots and analysis of the good and the bad and the ugly!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the Ashes!:yes

Users who are viewing this thread