Reviews Index

brad352

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
To save anyone considering purchasing the game from the effort of wading through 20 pages of crap to find reviews, they're all linked in this thread. Format is [Platform][Score][Reviewer] - if a question mark appears then I'm not sure what platform, or they didn't give a score. Bear in mind that some of these were probably initial impressions only, and the reviewers opinions may not represent those of most others, but hopefully they give you an idea of whether it's worth a buy for you. If there's any I missed, tell me and they'll be added as soon as I can (or at least, when I can be bothered :) ). Only user reviews are shown here, if you want "professional" reviews from non cricket gamers there's magazine scans in the downloads section and probably some scattered around the net too.

[PC][4][NZL Fan]

[PC][4.5][Pak_cricketer]

[PC][5][m_vaughan]

[PC][7.1][fanirama]

[PC][8][sohummistra]

[PC][?][mikehextall1]

[PC][?][The_gas]

[PC][?][gtruter]

[PC][4][whiteninness]

[PS2][6.7][angad]

[PS2][6.6][neon]

[PS2][?][kamy100]

[PS2][?][Scots_Windies]

[PS2][8.5][marcopolio]

[PS2][2.5][Nads]

[XBOX][8][Vijayakrishna]

[XBOX][6.5][imran786]

[?][?][tylerdurden]

[?][?][razzreloaded]

[?][8][Kr@zy]

Last edited:

JANER

Club Cricketer
Nice one Brad now maybe also do something similar for the 2 million "How do I bat it is so hard!" threads :P

brad352

Executive member
JANER said:
Nice one Brad now maybe also do something similar for the 2 million "How do I bat it is so hard!" threads :P
But how many times can you possibly tell someone they suck :p

sonic

Club Cricketer
i still havn't bought it. i must say that BLIC is good, but its hardly having me coming back for more at the minute as bowling is quite easy and not having an autoplay perhaps spoils the possibilty of making things a closer contest. the reviews i've seen so far for cricket 2005 seem disappointing, and it seems insane to buy two cricket games in the space of a week or so...but...hmmm...decisions

Marky Mark

School Cricketer
BLC2005 and CRICKET2005

Hi guys... im new here, but i have been fortunate enough to play every cricket game that has ever come out... right from Graham Gooch on commodore... ive seen it all...

all i can say is... neither Cricket 2005 nor BLC2005 are upto the mark of being good enough games... the best one i played was Cricket 2004...

i mean fine... Cricket 2005 has a lot of extra options which are simply amazing... but there is the issue of not being able to pierce the infield... i mean, how can u create something like that... in this respect Cricket 2004 was much better...

and then there is the infamous BLC2005... fine... you come up with a game after so long... but hey, every hurd of improving on your past... this game lacks gameplay... there is nothing great about it... i played it for 10 mins and was bored out of my mind...

i mean seriously guys... i dont know wht it is... but the developers always seem to take a step back with regards to creating new cricket games...

and i would say that BLC is nowhere near as good as EA2004 or EA2005... BLC was a huge disappointment... i am only in the hope that Cricket 2005 has some patch which will eliminate the lack of ability of batters to pierce the infield with straight drives and ground strokes...

cheers
MM

hardeepdewal

School Cricketer
sonic said:
i still havn't bought it. i must say that BLIC is good, but its hardly having me coming back for more at the minute as bowling is quite easy and not having an autoplay perhaps spoils the possibilty of making things a closer contest. the reviews i've seen so far for cricket 2005 seem disappointing, and it seems insane to buy two cricket games in the space of a week or so...but...hmmm...decisions

sticck with blic 05, its offically number 1 on the all formats (ps2,xbox,pc) chart. and this ofcourse is a record having blic 05 number 1 because a cricket game has never been number 1!! in the first week arrival of cricket 2005, it did comee an impressive nummber 4 but since then has
lowered in the rankings.

J.Coney

School Cricketer
i hired the game out over a weekend, i to got frastruted with not being able to piece the infield, however i did accomplish it. i figured out that batsmen confidence build up at differnet rates, just from blocking i playing a well timed shot even if it's straight to the fielder, the thing is you've got to string these shots(blocks) in a row. for example i got hayden to put bat on ball 15 times in a row. he was on 2(15) his condidence was at maximum now, and from that point on wards he started to piece the field regulary with straight drives and covers drives. bringing up a half century off about 61 balls. i believe you've got to build their confidence to their maximum before you get your just rewards.

jameswatt

School Cricketer
Cricket latest news from experts says............

The latest news in cricket game is that india has gone for a Zimbabe tour and performing well,but there is little beat probs with Captaing and coach of indian team,Yuhana has converted to islam religeon,..... to know more detail about cricket news just click this link for hot cricket news and gaming Zones

Last edited:

Inzi bhai

School Cricketer
worse part of these two games= BLIC 05 vs Cricket05

Worse part of BLIC 2005 :- I dont know why they hurry to release this game earlier than cricket 2005 - hey man leave the competition aside for a moment and improve your game first.

-ve points = the worst thing they can do is to add fake names to international teams and secondaly the AI is too damn easy. And there are some cartoony sound(if you guys have heard it) if the keeper take the bails off you will heard a noise of TICK TICK TICK I mean what the hell was that instead of real bails noise they put a stupid cartoon noise over here.

worse part of EA cricket 2005:- Well they only work hard on the graphics but they didnt borther to work hard on the batting controls which is the worst part of this game. The front shot looks pretty weird to me.

-ve points = In fielding- the ball always stick to their hand like a glue, I mean no hand or fingers movement over here. And the batsman always hold the top edge of the bat , while batting only the bat moves in his hands while fingers are stuck badly(during the shot). :onpc

Users who are viewing this thread