Round 12: Beijing v Chennai @ The Golden Dragon Stadium (6.12.2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
What about Suren Bhai??
He's playing against his home team:D:D
Thankgod there is no Hyderabad or Bangalore:D:D

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
No mercy when comes to On-Field actions even if it's a home team. :p

Let's go put a W on our recent record!

(note:Covert operations to ensure Bladescape gets a 5fer!:spy:spy)

" W ". Now, I have put! :D Yes rumors also say, if Bladescape is not gettinng 5fer, he has agreed to get 10fer next match in 2 overs. :p

KBC

Panel of Selectors
BEIJING BLITZERS VS CHENNAI CHAMPIONS​

------------------​

Chennai Champions Won the toss and elected to bowl First.​

------------------​

0.1 Pal to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
0.2 Pal to Funknath, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
0.3 Pal to Funknath, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
0.4 Pal to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
0.5 Pal to Romesh Kaluwithrana, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
0.6 Pal to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)

End of over 1
Beijing Blitzers 10/0 (RR : 10)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 7 (4b)
Funknath 3 (2b)
Pal 1-0-10-0

1.1 Adyhorn to Funknath, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
1.2 Adyhorn to Funknath, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
1.3 Adyhorn to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Chipped, and lands safe. Two runs in the mean while. (2)
1.4 Adyhorn to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
1.5 Adyhorn to Romesh Kaluwithrana, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
1.6 Adyhorn to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)

End of over 2
Beijing Blitzers 19/0 (RR : 9.5)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 13 (8b)
Funknath 6 (4b)
Adyhorn 1-0-9-0

2.1 Pal to Funknath, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
2.2 Pal to Funknath, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
2.3 Pal to Funknath, For all the Americans out there, that's the cricketing equivalent of a Home-Run. Nice stuff. (6)
2.4 Pal to Funknath, The batsman goes for the big heave-ho, and connects fantastically! Six! (6)
2.5 Pal to Funknath, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
2.6 Pal to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Short and pulled away for a single (1)

End of over 3
Beijing Blitzers 35/0 (RR : 11.7)
Funknath 21 (9b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 14 (9b)
Pal 2-0-26-0

3.1 Adyhorn to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
3.2 Adyhorn to Funknath, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
3.3 Adyhorn to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
3.4 Adyhorn to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
3.5 Adyhorn to Funknath, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
3.6 Adyhorn to Funknath, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)

End of over 4
Beijing Blitzers 40/0 (RR : 10)
Funknath 24 (12b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 16 (12b)
Adyhorn 2-0-14-0

4.1 Pal to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
4.2 Pal to Romesh Kaluwithrana, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
4.3 Pal to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
4.4 Pal to Funknath, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
4.5 Pal to Funknath, That six has cleared the car park! (6)
4.6 Pal to Funknath, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)

End of over 5
Beijing Blitzers 50/0 (RR : 10)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 17 (15b)
Funknath 33 (15b)
Pal 3-0-36-0

5.1 Adyhorn to Funknath, , Byes, another 3 run(s) (3)

5.2 Adyhorn to Funknath, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
5.3 Adyhorn to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
5.4 Adyhorn to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)
5.5 Adyhorn to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
5.6 Adyhorn to Funknath, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)

End of over 6
Beijing Blitzers 65/0 (RR : 10.8)
Funknath 38 (17b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 24 (18b)
Adyhorn 3-0-26-0

6.1 Aravinda de Silva to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
6.2 Aravinda de Silva to Funknath, That's a single. (1)
6.3 Aravinda de Silva to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
6.4 Aravinda de Silva to Romesh Kaluwithrana, No shot offered. (0)
6.5 Aravinda de Silva to Romesh Kaluwithrana, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
6.6 Aravinda de Silva to Romesh Kaluwithrana, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)

End of over 7
Beijing Blitzers 71/0 (RR : 10.1)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 29 (23b)
Funknath 39 (18b)
Aravinda de Silva 1-0-6-0

7.1 Gillyfan to Funknath, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
7.2 Gillyfan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, No shot offered. (0)
7.3 Gillyfan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
7.4 Gillyfan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
7.5 Gillyfan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! And to add insult to injury, the ball rolls away for four runs. The bowler is fuming! (4)
7.6 Gillyfan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, No shot offered. (0)

End of over 8
Beijing Blitzers 80/0 (RR : 10)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 37 (28b)
Funknath 40 (19b)
Gillyfan 1-0-9-0

8.1 Aravinda de Silva to Funknath, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
8.2 Aravinda de Silva to Funknath, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
8.3 Aravinda de Silva to Funknath, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
8.4 Aravinda de Silva to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
8.5 Aravinda de Silva to Funknath, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
8.6 Aravinda de Silva to Romesh Kaluwithrana, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)

End of over 9
Beijing Blitzers 85/0 (RR : 9.44)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 38 (30b)
Funknath 44 (23b)
Aravinda de Silva 2-0-11-0

9.1 Wilfred Rhodes to Funknath, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
9.2 Wilfred Rhodes to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
9.3 Wilfred Rhodes to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Good running, two runs. (2)
9.4 Wilfred Rhodes to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
9.5 Wilfred Rhodes to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
9.6 Wilfred Rhodes to Funknath, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)

End of over 10
Beijing Blitzers 91/0 (RR : 9.1)
Funknath 45 (25b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 43 (34b)
Wilfred Rhodes 1-0-6-0

10.1 Aravinda de Silva to Romesh Kaluwithrana, And that's a slower ball gone horribly wrong. Sits up and begs to be smacked for four, which it promptly is. (4)
10.2 Aravinda de Silva to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
10.3 Aravinda de Silva to Romesh Kaluwithrana, One more to the total. (1)
10.4 Aravinda de Silva to Funknath, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
10.5 Aravinda de Silva to Funknath, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
10.6 Aravinda de Silva to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Very well bowled. (0)

End of over 11
Beijing Blitzers 101/0 (RR : 9.18)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 48 (38b)
Funknath 50 (27b)
Aravinda de Silva 3-0-21-0

11.1 Abdul Qadir to Funknath, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
11.2 Abdul Qadir to Funknath, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
11.3 Abdul Qadir to Funknath, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
11.4 Abdul Qadir to Funknath, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
11.5 Abdul Qadir to Funknath, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
11.6 Abdul Qadir to Funknath, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)

End of over 12
Beijing Blitzers 110/0 (RR : 9.17)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 48 (38b)
Funknath 59 (33b)
Abdul Qadir 1-0-9-0

12.1 Aravinda de Silva to Funknath, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
12.2 Aravinda de Silva to Funknath, One more to the total. (1)
12.3 Aravinda de Silva to Romesh Kaluwithrana, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
12.4 Aravinda de Silva to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Driven beautifully into the gap. A sprawling effort in the deep keeps it down to three. (3)
12.5 Aravinda de Silva to Funknath, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
12.6 Aravinda de Silva to Funknath, , No Ball. ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
12.6 Aravinda de Silva to Funknath, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)

End of over 13
Beijing Blitzers 117/0 (RR : 9)
Funknath 62 (38b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 51 (40b)
Aravinda de Silva 4-0-28-0

13.1 Abdul Qadir to Romesh Kaluwithrana, , No Ball. ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
13.1 Abdul Qadir to Romesh Kaluwithrana, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
13.2 Abdul Qadir to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
13.3 Abdul Qadir to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
13.4 Abdul Qadir to Funknath, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
13.5 Abdul Qadir to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
13.6 Abdul Qadir to Funknath, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)

End of over 14
Beijing Blitzers 124/0 (RR : 8.86)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 55 (45b)
Funknath 64 (40b)
Abdul Qadir 2-0-16-0

14.1 Gillyfan to Funknath, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
14.2 Gillyfan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
14.3 Gillyfan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
14.4 Gillyfan to Funknath, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
14.5 Gillyfan to Funknath, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
14.6 Gillyfan to Funknath, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)

End of over 15
Beijing Blitzers 132/0 (RR : 8.8)
Funknath 67 (44b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 60 (47b)
Gillyfan 2-0-17-0

15.1 Wilfred Rhodes to Romesh Kaluwithrana, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
15.2 Wilfred Rhodes to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
15.3 Wilfred Rhodes to Romesh Kaluwithrana, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)
15.4 Wilfred Rhodes to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
15.5 Wilfred Rhodes to Funknath, Driven beautifully into the gap. A sprawling effort in the deep keeps it down to three. (3)
15.6 Wilfred Rhodes to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)

End of over 16
Beijing Blitzers 144/0 (RR : 9)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 69 (52b)
Funknath 70 (45b)
Wilfred Rhodes 2-0-18-0

16.1 Gillyfan to Funknath, And that's a slower ball gone horribly wrong. Sits up and begs to be smacked for four, which it promptly is. (4)
16.2 Gillyfan to Funknath, Slapped away through the offside for a glorious boundary! Lovely shot. The captain's fuming now and removes a man from third slip to cover that region. (4)
16.3 Gillyfan to Funknath, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
16.4 Gillyfan to Funknath, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
16.5 Gillyfan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
16.6 Gillyfan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)

End of over 17
Beijing Blitzers 155/0 (RR : 9.12)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 71 (54b)
Funknath 79 (49b)
Gillyfan 3-0-28-0

17.1 Abdul Qadir to Funknath, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
17.2 Abdul Qadir to Funknath, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
17.3 Abdul Qadir to Romesh Kaluwithrana, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
17.4 Abdul Qadir to Romesh Kaluwithrana, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
17.5 Abdul Qadir to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Edged and through the vacant gully region for four! And just after the captained had removed a man from there! Don't you just hate it when that happens? (4)
17.6 Abdul Qadir to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)

End of over 18
Beijing Blitzers 163/0 (RR : 9.06)
Funknath 82 (51b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 76 (58b)
Abdul Qadir 3-0-24-0

18.1 Adyhorn to Romesh Kaluwithrana, My GOD that's massive! 6 runs! (6)
18.2 Adyhorn to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
18.3 Adyhorn to Funknath, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
18.4 Adyhorn to Romesh Kaluwithrana, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
18.5 Adyhorn to Funknath, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
18.6 Adyhorn to Funknath, Good running, two runs. (2)

End of over 19
Beijing Blitzers 174/0 (RR : 9.16)
Funknath 85 (54b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 84 (61b)
Adyhorn 4-0-37-0

19.1 Pal to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
19.2 Pal to Funknath, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)
19.3 Pal to Funknath, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
19.4 Pal to Funknath, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
19.5 Pal to Funknath, My GOD that's massive! 6 runs! (6)
19.6 Pal to Funknath, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)

End of over 20
Beijing Blitzers 189/0 (RR : 9.45)
Funknath 99 (59b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 85 (62b)
Pal 4-0-51-0

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 189
Wickets : 0
Overs : 20.0

The second innings begins now

----------​

0.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Aravinda de Silva, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
0.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Adyhorn, Thats what my mum calls a proper wicket!

Adyhorn b Shantanu_Rooney
Runs : 0 Balls : 1 S/R : 0

(0)

0.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Cricketman, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
0.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Cricketman, That's smashed hard into the crowd, its six! (6)
0.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Cricketman, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)
0.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Cricketman, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)

End of over 1
Chennai Champions 15/1 (RR : 15) Required RR(9.16)
Cricketman 14 (4b)
Aravinda de Silva 1 (1b)
Shantanu_Rooney 1-0-15-1

1.1 Surendar to Aravinda de Silva, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
1.2 Surendar to Cricketman, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
1.3 Surendar to Cricketman, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
1.4 Surendar to Cricketman, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
1.5 Surendar to Cricketman, Very well bowled. (0)
1.6 Surendar to Cricketman, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)

End of over 2
Chennai Champions 18/1 (RR : 9) Required RR(9.5)
Cricketman 16 (9b)
Aravinda de Silva 2 (2b)
Surendar 1-0-3-0

2.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Aravinda de Silva, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
2.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Cricketman, Short, wide, you know the drill. 4 runs. (4)
2.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Cricketman, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
2.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Cricketman, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
2.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Cricketman, Short, wide, and played on! That's poor, poor batting, the bowler is estatic about getting a wicket off that!

Cricketman b Shantanu_Rooney
Runs : 20 Balls : 13 S/R : 153.8

(0)

2.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Chris Bosnich, , No Ball. Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
2.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Chris Bosnich, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)

End of over 3
Chennai Champions 28/2 (RR : 9.33) Required RR(9.47)
Chris Bosnich 4 (2b)
Aravinda de Silva 3 (3b)
Shantanu_Rooney 2-0-25-2

3.1 Surendar to Aravinda de Silva, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
3.2 Surendar to Chris Bosnich, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
3.3 Surendar to Chris Bosnich, Easy single. (1)
3.4 Surendar to Aravinda de Silva, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
3.5 Surendar to Chris Bosnich, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
3.6 Surendar to Chris Bosnich, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)

End of over 4
Chennai Champions 39/2 (RR : 9.75) Required RR(9.38)
Chris Bosnich 13 (6b)
Aravinda de Silva 5 (5b)
Surendar 2-0-14-0

4.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Aravinda de Silva, That six has cleared the car park! (6)
4.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Aravinda de Silva, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
4.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Aravinda de Silva, No shot offered. (0)
4.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Aravinda de Silva, Wide full toss, the batsman slashes at it and gets four more through point! Poor bowling. (4)
4.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Aravinda de Silva, Hit outside off stump, no shot offered, hes given him!

Aravinda de Silva lbw Shantanu_Rooney
Runs : 15 Balls : 10 S/R : 150

(0)
4.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Naresh091, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)

End of over 5
Chennai Champions 50/3 (RR : 10) Required RR(9.27)
Chris Bosnich 13 (6b)
Naresh091 1 (1b)
Shantanu_Rooney 3-0-36-3

5.1 Surendar to Naresh091, Going, Going, Gone! Six Runs! (6)
5.2 Surendar to Naresh091, Wide full toss, the batsman slashes at it and gets four more through point! Poor bowling. (4)
5.3 Surendar to Naresh091, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
5.4 Surendar to Naresh091, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
5.5 Surendar to Chris Bosnich, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
5.6 Surendar to Chris Bosnich, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)

End of over 6
Chennai Champions 65/3 (RR : 10.8) Required RR(8.86)
Chris Bosnich 15 (8b)
Naresh091 14 (5b)
Surendar 3-0-29-0

6.1 Bladescape to Naresh091, It's fancy dress competition time, and the winner is the lady dressed as a man who's dressed as a sheep! Well done Sir, uh I mean Ma'am, no Sir, no...ah forget it. In the meanwhile, the batsmen run three! Good running. (3)
6.2 Bladescape to Chris Bosnich, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
6.3 Bladescape to Chris Bosnich, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
6.4 Bladescape to Chris Bosnich, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
6.5 Bladescape to Naresh091, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
6.6 Bladescape to Naresh091, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)

End of over 7
Chennai Champions 75/3 (RR : 10.7) Required RR(8.77)
Naresh091 21 (8b)
Chris Bosnich 18 (11b)
Bladescape 1-0-10-0

7.1 NightProwler10 to Chris Bosnich, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
7.2 NightProwler10 to Chris Bosnich, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
7.3 NightProwler10 to Chris Bosnich, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
7.4 NightProwler10 to Chris Bosnich, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
7.5 NightProwler10 to Chris Bosnich, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
7.6 NightProwler10 to Chris Bosnich, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)

End of over 8
Chennai Champions 81/3 (RR : 10.1) Required RR(9)
Chris Bosnich 24 (17b)
Naresh091 21 (8b)
NightProwler10 1-0-6-0

8.1 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, That was a very good delivery. (0)
8.2 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
8.3 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
8.4 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
8.5 Giggity Giggity to Chris Bosnich, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
8.6 Giggity Giggity to Chris Bosnich, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)

End of over 9
Chennai Champions 88/3 (RR : 9.78) Required RR(9.18)
Chris Bosnich 28 (19b)
Naresh091 24 (12b)
Giggity Giggity 1-0-7-0

9.1 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
9.2 NightProwler10 to Chris Bosnich, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
9.3 NightProwler10 to Chris Bosnich, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
9.4 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)
9.5 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
9.6 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, Gorgeous square drive, placed perfectly past point. There isn't a lot of power in the shot though, and third man cuts it off while the batsmen run hard for three. (3)

End of over 10
Chennai Champions 97/3 (RR : 9.7) Required RR(9.2)
Chris Bosnich 29 (21b)
Naresh091 32 (16b)
NightProwler10 2-0-15-0

10.1 Ravi Shastri to Naresh091, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
10.2 Ravi Shastri to Naresh091, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
10.3 Ravi Shastri to Naresh091, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
10.4 Ravi Shastri to Naresh091, , No Ball. Good running, two runs. (2)
10.4 Ravi Shastri to Naresh091, The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)
10.5 Ravi Shastri to Naresh091, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
10.6 Ravi Shastri to Chris Bosnich, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)

End of over 11
Chennai Champions 111/3 (RR : 10.1) Required RR(8.67)
Chris Bosnich 31 (22b)
Naresh091 43 (22b)
Ravi Shastri 1-0-14-0

11.1 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
11.2 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)
11.3 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
11.4 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
11.5 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
11.6 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)

End of over 12
Chennai Champions 120/3 (RR : 10) Required RR(8.63)
Chris Bosnich 31 (22b)
Naresh091 52 (28b)
NightProwler10 3-0-24-0

12.1 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
12.2 Giggity Giggity to Chris Bosnich, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
12.3 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
12.4 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
12.5 Giggity Giggity to Chris Bosnich, Very well bowled. (0)
12.6 Giggity Giggity to Chris Bosnich, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)

End of over 13
Chennai Champions 126/3 (RR : 9.69) Required RR(9)
Naresh091 56 (31b)
Chris Bosnich 33 (25b)
Giggity Giggity 2-0-13-0

13.1 Bladescape to Chris Bosnich, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
13.2 Bladescape to Chris Bosnich, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)
13.3 Bladescape to Chris Bosnich, Good running, two runs. (2)
13.4 Bladescape to Chris Bosnich, No shot offered. (0)
13.5 Bladescape to Chris Bosnich, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)
13.6 Bladescape to Chris Bosnich, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)

End of over 14
Chennai Champions 140/3 (RR : 10) Required RR(8.17)
Chris Bosnich 47 (31b)
Naresh091 56 (31b)
Bladescape 2-0-24-0

14.1 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
14.2 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
14.3 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
14.4 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
14.5 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
14.6 Giggity Giggity to Chris Bosnich, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)

End of over 15
Chennai Champions 147/3 (RR : 9.8) Required RR(8.4)
Chris Bosnich 49 (32b)
Naresh091 61 (36b)
Giggity Giggity 3-0-20-0

15.1 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
15.2 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
15.3 NightProwler10 to Chris Bosnich, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
15.4 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
15.5 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
15.6 NightProwler10 to Naresh091, That was a very good delivery. (0)

End of over 16
Chennai Champions 153/3 (RR : 9.56) Required RR(9)
Naresh091 66 (41b)
Chris Bosnich 50 (33b)
NightProwler10 4-0-30-0

16.1 Bladescape to Chris Bosnich, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
16.2 Bladescape to Chris Bosnich, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
16.3 Bladescape to Chris Bosnich, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
16.4 Bladescape to Chris Bosnich, One more to the total. (1)
16.5 Bladescape to Naresh091, Very well bowled. (0)
16.6 Bladescape to Naresh091, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)

End of over 17
Chennai Champions 156/3 (RR : 9.18) Required RR(11)
Naresh091 66 (43b)
Chris Bosnich 53 (37b)
Bladescape 3-0-27-0

17.1 Giggity Giggity to Chris Bosnich, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
17.2 Giggity Giggity to Chris Bosnich, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
17.3 Giggity Giggity to Chris Bosnich, He didn't middle that, but there is enough power on it to get the batsmen three. (3)
17.4 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only two. (2)
17.5 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, Short ball, pulled away for four! (4)
17.6 Giggity Giggity to Naresh091, One more to the total. (1)

End of over 18
Chennai Champions 168/3 (RR : 9.33) Required RR(10.5)
Chris Bosnich 58 (40b)
Naresh091 73 (46b)
Giggity Giggity 4-0-32-0

18.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Naresh091, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
18.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Naresh091, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
18.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Naresh091, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
18.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Naresh091, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
18.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Naresh091, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
18.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Naresh091, Oh my, he has absolutely hammered that down the ground! That'll be one of the flattest sixes you'll ever see! (6)

End of over 19
Chennai Champions 184/3 (RR : 9.68) Required RR(5)
Naresh091 89 (52b)
Chris Bosnich 58 (40b)
Shantanu_Rooney 4-0-52-3

19.1 Surendar to Chris Bosnich, He's skied it, too high, there's a fielder coming under it, takes it comfortably!

Chris Bosnich c Funknath b Surendar
Runs : 58 Balls : 41 S/R : 141.5

(0)

19.2 Surendar to Howsie, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)
19.3 Surendar to Howsie, That was travelling like a rocket, but somehow the fielder has managed to hold on! Nice catch.

Howsie c & b Surendar
Runs : 4 Balls : 2 S/R : 200

(0)

19.4 Surendar to Wilfred Rhodes, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 190
Wickets : 5
Overs : 19.4

-----------​

Code:
Chennai Champions vs. Beijing Blitzers

Beijing Blitzers Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Romesh Kaluwithrana                           not out   85   62   8   1  137.1
Funknath                                      not out   99   59   6   4  167.8
Shalin Hitter                                     dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Pranav Pathak                                     dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Giggity Giggity                                   dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Binnu                                             dnb    0    0   0   0      0
NightProwler10                                    dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Ravi Shastri                                      dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Bladescape                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Shantanu_Rooney                                   dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Surendar                                          dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 189                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 9.45

Extras : 5    No Balls : 2       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chennai Champions Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Aravinda de Silva                    4.0           0      28           0      7
Adyhorn                              3.5           0      37           0   9.65
Wilfred Rhodes                       2.0           0      18           0      9
Pal                                  4.0           0      51           0  12.75
Abdul Qadir                          3.0           0      24           0      8
Gillyfan                             3.0           0      28           0   9.33

Total: 189                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 9.45

Extras : 5    No Balls : 2       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chennai Champions Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Aravinda de Silva                 lbw Shantanu_Rooney   15   10   1   1    150
Adyhorn                             b Shantanu_Rooney    0    1   0   0      0
Cricketman                          b Shantanu_Rooney   20   13   3   1  153.8
Chris Bosnich                   c Funknath b Surendar   58   41   4   0  141.5
Naresh091                                     not out   89   52   8   2  171.2
Howsie                                 c & b Surendar    4    2   1   0    200
Wilfred Rhodes                                not out    2    1   0   0    200
Karachi Xpress                                    dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Pal                                               dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Abdul Qadir                                       dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Gillyfan                                          dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 190                       Overs: 19.4                    Run Rate: 10

Extras : 2    No Balls : 2       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Beijing Blitzers Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Giggity Giggity                      4.0           0      32           0      8
NightProwler10                       4.0           0      30           0    7.5
Ravi Shastri                         1.0           0      14           0     14
Bladescape                           3.0           0      27           0      9
Shantanu_Rooney                      4.0           0      52           3     13
Surendar                             3.4           0      35           2   9.55

Total: 190                       Overs: 19.4                    Run Rate: 10

Extras : 2    No Balls : 2       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

[B]
Chennai Champions vs. Beijing Blitzers

Beijing Blitzers - 189/0 in 20.0 overs. 
Chennai Champions - 190/5 in 19.4 overs. 

Chennai Champions wins the match by 5 wickets[/B]

Post Match Presentation: said:
Chennai Champions won the toss and elected to field first, an unpredictable decision on a flat pitch. Unpredictable it was for the Chennai bowlers who went Wicketless at the end of the Innings. Beijing hit up unexpected, Thanks to a stunning show of brilliant batting by Funknath - 99 n.o off 59 balls and Romesh Kaluwithrana - 85 n.o. off 62 balls. Beijing were in a really good position, scoring nearly 200 runs, and an early breakthrough denied almost any chances for Chennai. Shantanu_Rooney and Surender picked up 3fer and 2fer respectively. But it wasn't all over (for Chennai), until Naresh091 and Chris Bosnich came and ended it (for Beijing). Amazing knocks of 89 and 58 respectively gave Chennai one of their most memorable wins. 5 down in the end, but managing to win the match! The Loss Still puzzle beijing. Nevertheless, Both teams were on a high, and put up some outstanding performances. With this concludes Round 12, with only 3 deciding rounds to go, all the teams are keeping their nerves to take the semi finals' spots.

Man Of the Match: Naresh091​

naresh091

International Cricketer
Haha I'm back on form and along with Chris Bosnich made some runs in a crucial encounter.Skrillex has been in terrific form recently and continues to be in.Good win guys.5 in a row.We are marching towards the top ;)

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Haha I'm back on form and along with Chris Bosnich made some runs in a crucial encounter.Skrillex has been in terrific form recently and continues to be in.Good win guys.5 in a row.We are marching towards the top ;)

Ohh yeaahhhh! Great partnership Naresh ... and on and on we go.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
My goodness... when I read the commentary on my mobile, I just got the match between Deccan Chargers and Somerset CCC. (ACLT20 match 5)
As I was there at stadium ,here even, I felt the same..

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Oh my God, we are losing it now. Our bowling is utter crap, no picks wickets except for Suren and me and we both go for runs.

adyhorn

Club Cricketer
Great stuff guys, Naresh and Skrillex were brilliant. I was poor, 0(1) and 0-37(4). Btw, in the scorecard it says I only bowled 3.5 overs, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread