Round 13:Toronto v Dublin @ The Shalin Toronto Tanks Stadium (08.12.09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
2nb9hlv.png
2n9l1ll.png

Round 13 of the PCPL Season 3 sees, the two bottom sides Toronto and Dublin against each other fighting for not to finish last. Toronto would take some confidence into this game from the last match where they defeated the Vatican Victors, while the Dublin Destroyers lost to leaders Manchester Divided. Chances of making it to the playoffs for the both teams is very less and so the match is more for pride.

Totonto Tanks choose the pitch
Pitch Type in by 3:30 PM GMT
Lineups in by 6 PM GMT

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Toronto are the only one of the two sides with an, albeit slim, chance of making it through. Hope they win, would make it a battle between VV, CC and TT. Now that would be interesting. Even more so if Beijing loses again.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
There is still 12 points to play for, and we may be making our charge a bit late, but I'm gonna do it!

EDIT: I think the dates a bit off? Apparently the game isn't happening for 6 days?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Mathmatically we still can.
In light of that I'm only going to play 2 nats this game. Flower and Marshall are worse than useless.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
We are the team to beat tbh, our nats are just unstoppable. :spy

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
actually, there are two rounds left after this and mathematically both sides can still make 3rd/4th

P

pcfan123

Let me open the bowling eh, been taking wickets recently, who knows , i might click again

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Simbazz
Highlander999
Sir Jack Hobbs
OffCutters
Gary123
Hooper
Biggy
Bart King
barmyarmy
hmarka
Age of the fall

Regardless of pitch...

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
I'm guessing we're gonna go unchanged, and we will go with a green pitch because we won on it last time :p

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Toronto Tanks vs. Dublin Destroyers

@ The Shalin Toronto Tanks Stadium

Welcome to an incredibly important game here for both teams. I cannot stress how important this game is. Put simply, the team that loses here is well and truly, out of the PCPL. Both sides need to win every game from here onwards to stand a chance at lifting that trophy in the end, and failure to win this game will mean the end of the line. Toronto will continue with their radical lineup, while Dublin are scraping the barrel and have had enough of Malcolm Marshall, dropping him for Age of the fall. Toronto have elected to bowl first on a green looking wicket, and we are underway in what promises to be a cracking match...

0.1 Imran Khan to Simbazz, , Leg Byes, another 2 run(s) (2)
0.2 Imran Khan to Simbazz, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
0.3 Imran Khan to Simbazz, , No Ball. And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
0.3 Imran Khan to Simbazz, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
0.4 Imran Khan to Simbazz, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
0.5 Imran Khan to Simbazz, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
0.6 Imran Khan to Simbazz, Short and pulled away for a single (1)

End of over 1
Dublin Destroyers 8/0 (RR : 8)
Highlander999 0 (0b)
Simbazz 5 (6b)
Imran Khan 1-0-8-0

1.1 Ian Botham to Simbazz, I don't think he'll be attempting any more bouncers after that. The batsman has hooked that away magnificently for six! (6)
1.2 Ian Botham to Simbazz, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
1.3 Ian Botham to Simbazz, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
1.4 Ian Botham to Simbazz, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
1.5 Ian Botham to Simbazz, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
1.6 Ian Botham to Simbazz, , Wide, one run (1)
1.6 Ian Botham to Simbazz, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)

End of over 2
Dublin Destroyers 19/0 (RR : 9.5)
Simbazz 15 (12b)
Highlander999 0 (0b)
Ian Botham 1-0-11-0

2.1 Imran Khan to Highlander999, That's smashed hard into the crowd, its six! (6)
2.2 Imran Khan to Highlander999, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
2.3 Imran Khan to Highlander999, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
2.4 Imran Khan to Simbazz, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
2.5 Imran Khan to Simbazz, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
2.6 Imran Khan to Simbazz, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)

End of over 3
Dublin Destroyers 30/0 (RR : 10)
Simbazz 15 (15b)
Highlander999 11 (3b)
Imran Khan 2-0-19-0

3.1 Ian Botham to Highlander999, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
3.2 Ian Botham to Simbazz, And that's going all the way, four runs! (4)
3.3 Ian Botham to Simbazz, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
3.4 Ian Botham to Highlander999, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
3.5 Ian Botham to Simbazz, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
3.6 Ian Botham to Simbazz, He didn't middle that, but there is enough power on it to get the batsmen three. (3)

End of over 4
Dublin Destroyers 40/0 (RR : 10)
Highlander999 13 (5b)
Simbazz 23 (19b)
Ian Botham 2-0-21-0

4.1 Imran Khan to Simbazz, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
4.2 Imran Khan to Simbazz, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)
4.3 Imran Khan to Simbazz, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
4.4 Imran Khan to Simbazz, No shot offered, and the off-stump is sent tumbling! That's a poor, poor leave...

Simbazz b Imran Khan
Runs : 27 Balls : 23 S/R : 117.4

(0)
4.5 Imran Khan to Jack Hobbs, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
4.6 Imran Khan to Highlander999, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)

End of over 5
Dublin Destroyers 45/1 (RR : 9)
Highlander999 13 (6b)
Jack Hobbs 1 (1b)
Imran Khan 3-0-24-1

5.1 Ian Botham to Jack Hobbs, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
5.2 Ian Botham to Jack Hobbs, , No Ball. Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
5.2 Ian Botham to Jack Hobbs, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
5.3 Ian Botham to Jack Hobbs, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
5.4 Ian Botham to Jack Hobbs, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
5.5 Ian Botham to Jack Hobbs, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
5.6 Ian Botham to Jack Hobbs, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)

End of over 6
Dublin Destroyers 48/1 (RR : 8)
Jack Hobbs 3 (8b)
Highlander999 13 (6b)
Ian Botham 3-0-24-0

6.1 Wolf to Highlander999, That was a very good delivery. (0)
6.2 Wolf to Highlander999, Slapped away through the offside for a glorious boundary! Lovely shot. The captain's fuming now and removes a man from third slip to cover that region. (4)
6.3 Wolf to Highlander999, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)
6.4 Wolf to Highlander999, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
6.5 Wolf to Highlander999, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)
6.6 Wolf to Highlander999, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)

End of over 7
Dublin Destroyers 63/1 (RR : 9)
Jack Hobbs 3 (8b)
Highlander999 28 (12b)
Wolf 1-0-15-0

7.1 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
7.2 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
7.3 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
7.4 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
7.5 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
7.6 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)

End of over 8
Dublin Destroyers 72/1 (RR : 9)
Jack Hobbs 3 (8b)
Highlander999 37 (18b)
Brendon Hedger 1-0-9-0

8.1 Wolf to Highlander999, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
8.2 Wolf to Jack Hobbs, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
8.3 Wolf to Jack Hobbs, Easy single. (1)
8.4 Wolf to Highlander999, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
8.5 Wolf to Jack Hobbs, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
8.6 Wolf to Highlander999, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)

End of over 9
Dublin Destroyers 80/1 (RR : 8.89)
Highlander999 39 (21b)
Jack Hobbs 9 (11b)
Wolf 2-0-23-0

9.1 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
9.2 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, Short ball, pulled away for four! (4)
9.3 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
9.4 WestIndia to Highlander999, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
9.5 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, Short, wide, you know the drill. 4 runs. (4)
9.6 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 10
Dublin Destroyers 90/1 (RR : 9)
Jack Hobbs 18 (16b)
Highlander999 40 (22b)
WestIndia 1-0-10-0

10.1 Wasim Raja to Highlander999, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
10.2 Wasim Raja to Highlander999, Very well bowled. (0)
10.3 Wasim Raja to Highlander999, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
10.4 Wasim Raja to Highlander999, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
10.5 Wasim Raja to Highlander999, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
10.6 Wasim Raja to Highlander999, And that's a slower ball gone horribly wrong. Sits up and begs to be smacked for four, which it promptly is. (4)

End of over 11
Dublin Destroyers 94/1 (RR : 8.55)
Highlander999 44 (28b)
Jack Hobbs 18 (16b)
Wasim Raja 1-0-4-0

11.1 Brendon Hedger to Jack Hobbs, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
11.2 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
11.3 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, Splendid shot for four! (4)
11.4 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! And to add insult to injury, the ball rolls away for four runs. The bowler is fuming! (4)
11.5 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
11.6 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, Very well bowled. (0)

End of over 12
Dublin Destroyers 103/1 (RR : 8.58)
Highlander999 52 (33b)
Jack Hobbs 19 (17b)
Brendon Hedger 2-0-18-0

12.1 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)
12.2 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
12.3 WestIndia to Highlander999, That was a very good delivery. (0)
12.4 WestIndia to Highlander999, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
12.5 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
12.6 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)

End of over 13
Dublin Destroyers 111/1 (RR : 8.54)
Jack Hobbs 26 (21b)
Highlander999 53 (35b)
WestIndia 2-0-18-0

13.1 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
13.2 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
13.3 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, No shot offered. (0)
13.4 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
13.5 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
13.6 Brendon Hedger to Highlander999, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)

End of over 14
Dublin Destroyers 113/1 (RR : 8.07)
Highlander999 55 (41b)
Jack Hobbs 26 (21b)
Brendon Hedger 3-0-20-0

14.1 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
14.2 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
14.3 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
14.4 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
14.5 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
14.6 WestIndia to Highlander999, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)

End of over 15
Dublin Destroyers 119/1 (RR : 7.93)
Jack Hobbs 31 (26b)
Highlander999 56 (42b)
WestIndia 3-0-24-0

15.1 Wasim Raja to Highlander999, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
15.2 Wasim Raja to Jack Hobbs, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
15.3 Wasim Raja to Jack Hobbs, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
15.4 Wasim Raja to Highlander999, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
15.5 Wasim Raja to Jack Hobbs, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
15.6 Wasim Raja to Highlander999, That was a very good delivery. (0)

End of over 16
Dublin Destroyers 125/1 (RR : 7.81)
Highlander999 58 (45b)
Jack Hobbs 35 (29b)
Wasim Raja 2-0-10-0

16.1 WestIndia to Jack Hobbs, One more to the total. (1)
16.2 WestIndia to Highlander999, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
16.3 WestIndia to Highlander999, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
16.4 WestIndia to Highlander999, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
16.5 WestIndia to Highlander999, Full, wide, the batsman flails at it and finds the edge! But the ball flies between the keeper and slip, who just stare at each other as the ball runs away for four! Unlucky! (4)
16.6 WestIndia to Highlander999, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 17
Dublin Destroyers 130/1 (RR : 7.65)
Highlander999 62 (50b)
Jack Hobbs 36 (30b)
WestIndia 4-0-29-0

17.1 Wolf to Jack Hobbs, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
17.2 Wolf to Highlander999, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
17.3 Wolf to Jack Hobbs, Very well bowled. (0)
17.4 Wolf to Jack Hobbs, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
17.5 Wolf to Highlander999, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
17.6 Wolf to Highlander999, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)

End of over 18
Dublin Destroyers 137/1 (RR : 7.61)
Highlander999 67 (53b)
Jack Hobbs 38 (33b)
Wolf 3-0-30-0

18.1 Imran Khan to Jack Hobbs, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
18.2 Imran Khan to Jack Hobbs, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
18.3 Imran Khan to Jack Hobbs, , No Ball. Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
18.3 Imran Khan to Jack Hobbs, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
18.4 Imran Khan to Jack Hobbs, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
18.5 Imran Khan to Jack Hobbs, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
18.6 Imran Khan to Jack Hobbs, My GOD that's massive! 6 runs! (6)

End of over 19
Dublin Destroyers 152/1 (RR : 8)
Jack Hobbs 52 (40b)
Highlander999 67 (53b)
Imran Khan 4-0-39-1

19.1 Ian Botham to Highlander999, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
19.2 Ian Botham to Highlander999, That was a very good delivery. (0)
19.3 Ian Botham to Highlander999, Ah that's a rubbish ball, and the batsman wastest no time in putting the trash away. Six! (6)
19.4 Ian Botham to Highlander999, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
19.5 Ian Botham to Highlander999, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
19.6 Ian Botham to Highlander999, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)

End of over 20
Dublin Destroyers 162/1 (RR : 8.1)
Highlander999 77 (59b)
Jack Hobbs 52 (40b)
Ian Botham 4-0-34-0

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 162
Wickets : 1
Overs : 20.0

And a terrific score posted here by Dublin, courtesy of excellent innings by Highlander and Jack Hobbs. Highlander set off like a blazing rocket in the powerplays, dismantling TT's new ball bowlers and, with Simbazz's assistance, gave Dublin a platform to build on. The green wicket didn't assist Toronto's spin trio of Wolf, Hedger and Wasim Raja, as they looked toothless and allowed Hobbs to get his eye in and unleash a late assault, pushing Dublin past 160. A very difficult target, but with Toronto's hopes riding on this match, they might just be able to pull of what would be a fantastic runchase. We shall soon find out, in a moment...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Solid batting considering the pitch but once again with wickets in hand the R/R actually drops in the middle overs.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I knew you were going to post that.
Fair enough; my usual gripe is when it decreases as we are chasing with wickets in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread