Round 14: Toronto Tanks vs. Beijing Blitzers @ The Shalin Toronto Tanks Stadium (10/12/2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
As much as I want them to have the reverse and the whole shabang! This:

Toronto choose the pitch
Pitch type in by 2 PM GMT
Lineups in by 3:30 PM GMT

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
As much as I want them to have the reverse and the whole shabang! This:
Fark, forgot I extended the deadlines for this round due to late match threads. :p Sorry!!

So yea, not an issue then. And TT did post their lineup and pitch.

KBC should be simming this soon.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Toronto Tanks vs. Beijing Blitzers

@ The Shalin Toronto Tanks Stadium

Welcome to the TSTTS for the encounter between Toronto and Beijing. Apologies for the delay, bad weather didn't permit play for quite a bit. But we're set and ready to get underway. The pitch is dusty and Toronto have opted to bowl first. Lets get this underway...

0.1 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, , Wide, one run (1)
0.1 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
0.2 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
0.3 Ian Botham to Funknath, , No Ball. Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
0.3 Ian Botham to Funknath, Buffet bowling, the batsman helps himself to four more. (4)
0.4 Ian Botham to Funknath, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
0.5 Ian Botham to Funknath, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
0.6 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)

End of over 1
Beijing Blitzers 13/0 (RR : 13)
Funknath 5 (4b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 6 (3b)
Ian Botham 1-0-13-0

1.1 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
1.2 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
1.3 Imran Khan to Funknath, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
1.4 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
1.5 Imran Khan to Funknath, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
1.6 Imran Khan to Funknath, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)

End of over 2
Beijing Blitzers 17/0 (RR : 8.5)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 8 (6b)
Funknath 7 (7b)
Imran Khan 1-0-4-0

2.1 Ian Botham to Funknath, Short, wide, you know the drill. 4 runs. (4)
2.2 Ian Botham to Funknath, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
2.3 Ian Botham to Funknath, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
2.4 Ian Botham to Funknath, Full delivery outside off-stump, the batsman clears his left leg and swings, and cracks it up and over midwicket for six! Great shot, tremendous power! (6)
2.5 Ian Botham to Funknath, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
2.6 Ian Botham to Funknath, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)

End of over 3
Beijing Blitzers 31/0 (RR : 10.3)
Funknath 21 (13b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 8 (6b)
Ian Botham 2-0-27-0

3.1 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
3.2 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, The batsman goes for the big heave-ho, and connects fantastically! Six! (6)
3.3 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, One more to the total. (1)
3.4 Imran Khan to Funknath, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
3.5 Imran Khan to Funknath, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
3.6 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)

End of over 4
Beijing Blitzers 41/0 (RR : 10.3)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 17 (10b)
Funknath 22 (15b)
Imran Khan 2-0-14-0

4.1 Ian Botham to Funknath, Nice. Length ball, clobbered down the ground for six. Superb batting. (6)
4.2 Ian Botham to Funknath, Down the track and driven through midwicket. There is no fielder in the deep so Long On has to run around to field it, and so in the meanwhile the batsmen get three. Poor bowling but good placement. (3)
4.3 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
4.4 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
4.5 Ian Botham to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
4.6 Ian Botham to Funknath, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)

End of over 5
Beijing Blitzers 51/0 (RR : 10.2)
Funknath 31 (18b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 18 (13b)
Ian Botham 3-0-37-0

5.1 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
5.2 Imran Khan to Funknath, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)
5.3 Imran Khan to Funknath, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
5.4 Imran Khan to Funknath, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
5.5 Imran Khan to Funknath, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
5.6 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)

End of over 6
Beijing Blitzers 61/0 (RR : 10.2)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 23 (15b)
Funknath 36 (22b)
Imran Khan 3-0-24-0

6.1 WestIndia to Funknath, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
6.2 WestIndia to Funknath, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
6.3 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
6.4 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
6.5 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
6.6 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)

End of over 7
Beijing Blitzers 68/0 (RR : 9.71)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 29 (19b)
Funknath 37 (24b)
WestIndia 1-0-7-0

7.1 Wasim Raja to Funknath, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
7.2 Wasim Raja to Funknath, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
7.3 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
7.4 Wasim Raja to Funknath, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
7.5 Wasim Raja to Funknath, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)
7.6 Wasim Raja to Funknath, That's a single. (1)

End of over 8
Beijing Blitzers 79/0 (RR : 9.88)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 30 (20b)
Funknath 47 (29b)
Wasim Raja 1-0-11-0

8.1 Brendon Hedger to Funknath, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
8.2 Brendon Hedger to Funknath, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
8.3 Brendon Hedger to Funknath, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
8.4 Brendon Hedger to Funknath, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
8.5 Brendon Hedger to Funknath, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
8.6 Brendon Hedger to Funknath, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)

End of over 9
Beijing Blitzers 81/0 (RR : 9)
Funknath 49 (35b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 30 (20b)
Brendon Hedger 1-0-2-0

9.1 Wolf to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
9.2 Wolf to Funknath, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
9.3 Wolf to Funknath, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)
9.4 Wolf to Funknath, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
9.5 Wolf to Funknath, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
9.6 Wolf to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)

End of over 10
Beijing Blitzers 88/0 (RR : 8.8)
Funknath 54 (39b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 32 (22b)
Wolf 1-0-7-0

10.1 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
10.2 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
10.3 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
10.4 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
10.5 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, That was a very good delivery. (0)
10.6 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, , No Ball. EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
10.6 Wasim Raja to Funknath, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)

End of over 11
Beijing Blitzers 92/0 (RR : 8.36)
Funknath 54 (40b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 35 (28b)
Wasim Raja 2-0-15-0

11.1 Wolf to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
11.2 Wolf to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
11.3 Wolf to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
11.4 Wolf to Funknath, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
11.5 Wolf to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
11.6 Wolf to Funknath, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)

End of over 12
Beijing Blitzers 97/0 (RR : 8.08)
Funknath 55 (42b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 39 (32b)
Wolf 2-0-12-0

12.1 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
12.2 Wasim Raja to Funknath, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
12.3 Wasim Raja to Funknath, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
12.4 Wasim Raja to Funknath, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
12.5 Wasim Raja to Funknath, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
12.6 Wasim Raja to Funknath, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)

End of over 13
Beijing Blitzers 106/0 (RR : 8.15)
Funknath 63 (47b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 40 (33b)
Wasim Raja 3-0-24-0

13.1 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
13.2 Brendon Hedger to Funknath, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
13.3 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
13.4 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
13.5 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
13.6 Brendon Hedger to Funknath, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)

End of over 14
Beijing Blitzers 113/0 (RR : 8.07)
Funknath 64 (49b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 46 (37b)
Brendon Hedger 2-0-9-0

14.1 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Splendid shot for four! (4)
14.2 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
14.3 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
14.4 Wasim Raja to Funknath, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
14.5 Wasim Raja to Funknath, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
14.6 Wasim Raja to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)

End of over 15
Beijing Blitzers 123/0 (RR : 8.2)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 53 (41b)
Funknath 67 (51b)
Wasim Raja 4-0-34-0

15.1 WestIndia to Funknath, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
15.2 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
15.3 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
15.4 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)
15.5 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
15.6 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)

End of over 16
Beijing Blitzers 129/0 (RR : 8.06)
Funknath 68 (52b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 58 (46b)
WestIndia 2-0-13-0

16.1 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
16.2 Brendon Hedger to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
16.3 Brendon Hedger to Funknath, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
16.4 Brendon Hedger to Funknath, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
16.5 Brendon Hedger to Funknath, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
16.6 Brendon Hedger to Funknath, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)

End of over 17
Beijing Blitzers 132/0 (RR : 7.76)
Funknath 70 (56b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 59 (48b)
Brendon Hedger 3-0-12-0

17.1 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
17.2 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
17.3 WestIndia to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
17.4 WestIndia to Funknath, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
17.5 WestIndia to Funknath, , No Ball. Out a no ball! (0)
17.5 WestIndia to Funknath, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
17.6 WestIndia to Funknath, Sharp reflexes, excellent catch! That's certainly going to be on the highlight reel.

Funknath c Bilal91 b WestIndia
Runs : 70 Balls : 60 S/R : 116.7

(0)

End of over 18
Beijing Blitzers 134/1 (RR : 7.44)
Dean Jones 0 (0b)
Romesh Kaluwithrana 60 (51b)
WestIndia 3-0-15-1

18.1 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Splendid shot for four! (4)
18.2 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
18.3 Imran Khan to Romesh Kaluwithrana, Ah, great ball. It bounced more than the batsman expected it to, causing him to check his shot at the last moment and lob the ball into the air for an easy catch.

Romesh Kaluwithrana c Hitterman b Imran Khan
Runs : 68 Balls : 54 S/R : 125.9

(0)
18.4 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, , No Ball. AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
18.4 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
18.5 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
18.6 Imran Khan to Shalin Hitter, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)

End of over 19
Beijing Blitzers 149/2 (RR : 7.84)
Shalin Hitter 6 (4b)
Dean Jones 0 (0b)
Imran Khan 4-0-39-1

19.1 Ian Botham to Dean Jones, He comes on the front foot to drive it, and is beaten for bounce! But instead of checking his shot, he follows through with it and sends it sailing into the pavillion! 6 runs, excellent batting! (6)
19.2 Ian Botham to Dean Jones, That's plumber than the man who fixes my kitchen sink! Out!

Dean Jones lbw Ian Botham
Runs : 6 Balls : 2 S/R : 300

(0)
19.3 Ian Botham to Pranav Pathak, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
19.4 Ian Botham to Pranav Pathak, And the batsman unveils the sweep shot, and it's done beautifully too! Four more! (4)
19.5 Ian Botham to Pranav Pathak, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
19.6 Ian Botham to Pranav Pathak, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)

End of over 20
Beijing Blitzers 163/3 (RR : 8.15)
Pranav Pathak 8 (4b)
Shalin Hitter 6 (4b)
Ian Botham 4-0-51-1

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 163
Wickets : 3
Overs : 20.0

A challenging target posted her by BB, courtesy of a fine opening partnership from Kalu and Funknath. They started off fantastically -88 runs in the first 10 overs- but then WestIndian and the TT spinners brought the run rate down. But BB managed to take 29 runs off the last two overs to take them over 160, and to a score that they could defend and help them turn things around. Toronto are a team with nothing to lose though, and those are always the most dangerous opponents. Stay tuned as the second innings starts in a moment.

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Hope we can defend this total btw Toronto didn't post their line up so why aren't their line up reversed?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Welcome back to Toronto's reply. Beijing have posted a tricky score in good bowling conditions, and it's up to Toronto to pull off a good runchase to spoil BB's parade. Will they manage it? Lets head to the pitch to find out...

0.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Hitterman, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
0.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Hitterman, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
0.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
0.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Hitterman, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
0.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Hitterman, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
0.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Hitterman, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)

End of over 1
Toronto Tanks 5/0 (RR : 5) Required RR(8.32)
Imran Khan 1 (1b)
Hitterman 4 (5b)
Shantanu_Rooney 1-0-5-0

1.1 Surendar to Hitterman, The umpire gives the batsman the finger. And then tells him he's been dismissed LBW too. No love lost between that pair, let me tell you that.

Hitterman lbw Surendar
Runs : 4 Balls : 6 S/R : 66.67

(0)
1.2 Surendar to mattfb, Easy single. (1)
1.3 Surendar to Imran Khan, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
1.4 Surendar to mattfb, The batsman sees the juicy half-volley outside off-stump, and decided that it deserved more than a spanking through the covers, and so thrashes it into the stands instead! 6 runs. (6)
1.5 Surendar to mattfb, We've just recieved a letter here in the commentary box, from an fan who wants us to 'Shut the fuc..' oh dear, um, nevermind. Back to the cricket, and it seems the batsmen ran three! Well done. (3)
1.6 Surendar to Imran Khan, Very well bowled. (0)

End of over 2
Toronto Tanks 16/1 (RR : 8) Required RR(8.17)
Imran Khan 2 (3b)
mattfb 10 (3b)
Surendar 1-0-11-1

2.1 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
2.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
2.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Imran Khan, Slog-sweep time! He swings, and misses! Clean bowled. Aw shucks.

Imran Khan b Shantanu_Rooney
Runs : 4 Balls : 5 S/R : 80

(0)
2.4 Shantanu_Rooney to WestIndia, It's in the air...the fielder comes under it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! The batsmen come back for a third run laughing while the humiliated fielder tosses the ball back in. (3)
2.5 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
2.6 Shantanu_Rooney to WestIndia, Oh, that's a juicy full tossand the batsman has nailed it! 6 runs! (6)

End of over 3
Toronto Tanks 29/2 (RR : 9.67) Required RR(7.88)
WestIndia 9 (2b)
mattfb 12 (5b)
Shantanu_Rooney 2-0-18-1

3.1 Surendar to mattfb, He comes on the front foot to drive it, and is beaten for bounce! But instead of checking his shot, he follows through with it and sends it sailing into the pavillion! 6 runs, excellent batting! (6)
3.2 Surendar to mattfb, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
3.3 Surendar to mattfb, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
3.4 Surendar to WestIndia, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
3.5 Surendar to WestIndia, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
3.6 Surendar to mattfb, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)

End of over 4
Toronto Tanks 41/2 (RR : 10.3) Required RR(7.63)
mattfb 23 (9b)
WestIndia 10 (4b)
Surendar 2-0-23-1

4.1 Shantanu_Rooney to WestIndia, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
4.2 Shantanu_Rooney to WestIndia, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
4.3 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, Zorax is awesome. Huh, what? Oh yea, six runs. And Zorax = God. (6)
4.4 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
4.5 Shantanu_Rooney to mattfb, Great bowling, poor shot, and a regulation catch. Soft dismissal there.

mattfb c Funknath b Shantanu_Rooney
Runs : 29 Balls : 12 S/R : 241.7

(0)
4.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, Short and pulled away for a single (1)

End of over 5
Toronto Tanks 51/3 (RR : 10.2) Required RR(7.47)
WestIndia 13 (6b)
Holdenator 1 (1b)
Shantanu_Rooney 3-0-28-2

5.1 Surendar to Holdenator, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
5.2 Surendar to Holdenator, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
5.3 Surendar to Holdenator, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
5.4 Surendar to WestIndia, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
5.5 Surendar to WestIndia, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
5.6 Surendar to WestIndia, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)

End of over 6
Toronto Tanks 58/3 (RR : 9.67) Required RR(7.5)
WestIndia 17 (9b)
Holdenator 4 (4b)
Surendar 3-0-30-1

6.1 Bladescape to Holdenator, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
6.2 Bladescape to Holdenator, Wide full toss, the batsman slashes at it and gets four more through point! Poor bowling. (4)
6.3 Bladescape to Holdenator, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
6.4 Bladescape to WestIndia, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
6.5 Bladescape to Holdenator, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
6.6 Bladescape to Holdenator, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)

End of over 7
Toronto Tanks 66/3 (RR : 9.43) Required RR(7.46)
Holdenator 11 (9b)
WestIndia 18 (10b)
Bladescape 1-0-8-0

7.1 Giggity Giggity to WestIndia, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
7.2 Giggity Giggity to WestIndia, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
7.3 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
7.4 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
7.5 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
7.6 Giggity Giggity to WestIndia, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)

End of over 8
Toronto Tanks 71/3 (RR : 8.88) Required RR(7.67)
Holdenator 14 (12b)
WestIndia 20 (13b)
Giggity Giggity 1-0-5-0

8.1 Shalin Hitter to WestIndia, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
8.2 Shalin Hitter to WestIndia, Full, wide, the batsman slashes hard and edges it through the slips! Third man tidies up and the batsmen run three. The captain decides to move the man from short fine leg to the slips, he's looking for a wicket here. (3)
8.3 Shalin Hitter to Holdenator, Good running, two runs. (2)
8.4 Shalin Hitter to Holdenator, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)
8.5 Shalin Hitter to Holdenator, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
8.6 Shalin Hitter to WestIndia, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)

End of over 9
Toronto Tanks 83/3 (RR : 9.22) Required RR(7.27)
WestIndia 25 (16b)
Holdenator 21 (15b)
Shalin Hitter 1-0-12-0

9.1 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
9.2 Giggity Giggity to WestIndia, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
9.3 Giggity Giggity to WestIndia, And that's a slower ball gone horribly wrong. Sits up and begs to be smacked for four, which it promptly is. (4)
9.4 Giggity Giggity to WestIndia, One more to the total. (1)
9.5 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
9.6 Giggity Giggity to WestIndia, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)

End of over 10
Toronto Tanks 91/3 (RR : 9.1) Required RR(7.2)
Holdenator 23 (17b)
WestIndia 31 (20b)
Giggity Giggity 2-0-13-0

10.1 John Bracewell to WestIndia, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
10.2 John Bracewell to WestIndia, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
10.3 John Bracewell to Holdenator, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
10.4 John Bracewell to Holdenator, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
10.5 John Bracewell to WestIndia, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
10.6 John Bracewell to Holdenator, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)

End of over 11
Toronto Tanks 96/3 (RR : 8.73) Required RR(7.44)
Holdenator 24 (20b)
WestIndia 35 (23b)
John Bracewell 1-0-5-0

11.1 Bladescape to WestIndia, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
11.2 Bladescape to Holdenator, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
11.3 Bladescape to Holdenator, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
11.4 Bladescape to WestIndia, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only two. (2)
11.5 Bladescape to WestIndia, One more to the total. (1)
11.6 Bladescape to Holdenator, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 12
Toronto Tanks 103/3 (RR : 8.58) Required RR(7.5)
Holdenator 27 (23b)
WestIndia 39 (26b)
Bladescape 2-0-15-0

12.1 Giggity Giggity to WestIndia, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)
12.2 Giggity Giggity to WestIndia, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
12.3 Giggity Giggity to WestIndia, Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
12.4 Giggity Giggity to Holdenator, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
12.5 Giggity Giggity to WestIndia, No shot offered. (0)
12.6 Giggity Giggity to WestIndia, Lovely late cut through the vacant third man region. Four more. (4)

End of over 13
Toronto Tanks 113/3 (RR : 8.69) Required RR(7.14)
WestIndia 48 (31b)
Holdenator 28 (24b)
Giggity Giggity 3-0-23-0

13.1 Bladescape to Holdenator, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
13.2 Bladescape to Holdenator, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
13.3 Bladescape to WestIndia, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
13.4 Bladescape to WestIndia, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
13.5 Bladescape to WestIndia, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
13.6 Bladescape to WestIndia, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)

End of over 14
Toronto Tanks 121/3 (RR : 8.64) Required RR(7)
Holdenator 31 (26b)
WestIndia 53 (35b)
Bladescape 3-0-23-0

14.1 John Bracewell to WestIndia, One more to the total. (1)
14.2 John Bracewell to Holdenator, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
14.3 John Bracewell to Holdenator, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
14.4 John Bracewell to Holdenator, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
14.5 John Bracewell to Holdenator, Short, wide, you know the drill. 4 runs. (4)
14.6 John Bracewell to Holdenator, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)

End of over 15
Toronto Tanks 130/3 (RR : 8.67) Required RR(6.6)
Holdenator 39 (31b)
WestIndia 54 (36b)
John Bracewell 2-0-14-0

15.1 Bladescape to WestIndia, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
15.2 Bladescape to WestIndia, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
15.3 Bladescape to WestIndia, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
15.4 Bladescape to WestIndia, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
15.5 Bladescape to WestIndia, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only two. (2)
15.6 Bladescape to WestIndia, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)

End of over 16
Toronto Tanks 133/3 (RR : 8.31) Required RR(7.5)
Holdenator 39 (31b)
WestIndia 57 (42b)
Bladescape 4-0-26-0

16.1 John Bracewell to WestIndia, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
16.2 John Bracewell to Holdenator, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
16.3 John Bracewell to WestIndia, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
16.4 John Bracewell to Holdenator, That was a very good delivery. (0)
16.5 John Bracewell to Holdenator, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
16.6 John Bracewell to Holdenator, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)

End of over 17
Toronto Tanks 138/3 (RR : 8.12) Required RR(8.33)
Holdenator 42 (35b)
WestIndia 59 (44b)
John Bracewell 3-0-19-0

17.1 Shalin Hitter to WestIndia, He's hit that high and hard...the fielder is coming underneath it...will he catch it? NOOOO! He spills the chance! And to add insult to injury, the ball rolls away for four runs. The bowler is fuming! (4)
17.2 Shalin Hitter to WestIndia, He tries to play that off the backfoot, but the ball keeps low and raps him on the pad! It's plumb in front, he's gotta go! Tough luck son.

WestIndia lbw Shalin Hitter
Runs : 63 Balls : 46 S/R : 137

(0)
17.3 Shalin Hitter to Ian Botham, Hammered down the ground. Two more. (2)
17.4 Shalin Hitter to Ian Botham, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
17.5 Shalin Hitter to Holdenator, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
17.6 Shalin Hitter to Ian Botham, Reverse sweep, and it's four! What an outrageous shot! The batsman is all smiles after pulling that one off! (4)

End of over 18
Toronto Tanks 150/4 (RR : 8.33) Required RR(6.5)
Ian Botham 7 (3b)
Holdenator 43 (36b)
Shalin Hitter 2-0-24-1

18.1 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, That was a very good delivery. (0)
18.2 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
18.3 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)
18.4 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, He comes on the front foot to drive it, and is beaten for bounce! But instead of checking his shot, he follows through with it and sends it sailing into the pavillion! 6 runs, excellent batting! (6)
18.5 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
18.6 Shantanu_Rooney to Holdenator, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)

End of over 19
Toronto Tanks 158/4 (RR : 8.32) Required RR(5)
Holdenator 51 (42b)
Ian Botham 7 (3b)
Shantanu_Rooney 4-0-36-2

19.1 Surendar to Ian Botham, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
19.2 Surendar to Ian Botham, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
19.3 Surendar to Holdenator, Very well bowled. (0)
19.4 Surendar to Holdenator, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
19.5 Surendar to Holdenator, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
19.6 Surendar to Ian Botham, Splendid shot for four! (4)

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 166
Wickets : 4
Overs : 19.6

And they've gotten it off the very last ball! Toronto have pulled off a win and Beijing slip even further!! Toronto got off to a shaky start by losing both openers early, but they recovered through a quick cameo from mattfb. When he fell, it brought dangerman Holdenator to the crease, with frustrated owner WestIndian, and together the pair set about scoring runs with ease. The match was in the balance with 25 needed in 3 overs, but Toronto took 12 runs off Shalin's second over to reduce the equation to a very manageable 13 runs in two overs, and despite WI's departure, they were set for a win. Suren gave them a scare with a tight final over, but Botham, ever so calmly, clubbed the final ball away from four to seal the win for Toronto. Beijing will be regretting the decision of fielding just 5 bowlers and giving two overs to Shalin's part-time seamers, which could have been the deciding factor. Why Nightprowler10, who had bowled so economically so far, was dropped is a mystery, and Beijing's muddled thinking and poor performances last few games could possibly cost them their spot in the Semis.

Code:

Beijing Blitzers Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Romesh Kaluwithrana          c Hitterman b Imran Khan   68   54   7   1  125.9
Funknath                        c Bilal91 b WestIndia   70   60   5   2  116.7
Dean Jones                             lbw Ian Botham    6    2   0   1    300
Shalin Hitter                                 not out    6    4   0   0    150
Pranav Pathak                                 not out    8    4   1   0    200
Binnu                                             dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Giggity Giggity                                   dnb    0    0   0   0      0
John Bracewell                                    dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Bladescape                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Shantanu_Rooney                                   dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Surendar                                          dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 163                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 8.15

Extras : 5    No Balls : 4       Wides : 1    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toronto Tanks Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Imran Khan                           4.0           0      39           1   9.75
WestIndia                            3.0           0      15           1      5
Ian Botham                           4.0           0      51           1  12.75
Wasim Raja                           4.0           0      34           0    8.5
Wolf                                 2.0           0      12           0      6
Brendon Hedger                       3.0           0      12           0      4

Total: 163                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 8.15

Extras : 5    No Balls : 4       Wides : 1    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toronto Tanks Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Hitterman                                lbw Surendar    4    6   0   0  66.67
Imran Khan                          b Shantanu_Rooney    4    5   0   0     80
mattfb                   c Funknath b Shantanu_Rooney   29   12   1   3  241.7
WestIndia                           lbw Shalin Hitter   63   46   5   1    137
Holdenator                                    not out   54   45   4   1    120
Ian Botham                                    not out   12    6   2   0    200
Bilal91                                           dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Insomniac                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Wasim Raja                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Wolf                                              dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Brendon Hedger                                    dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 166                       Overs: 19.6                    Run Rate: 8.737

Extras : 0    No Balls : 0       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Beijing Blitzers Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Shalin Hitter                        2.0           0      24           1     12
Giggity Giggity                      3.0           0      23           0   7.67
John Bracewell                       3.0           0      19           0   6.33
Bladescape                           4.0           0      26           0    6.5
Shantanu_Rooney                      4.0           0      36           2      9
Surendar                             4.0           0      38           1    9.5

Total: 166                       Overs: 19.6                    Run Rate: 8.737

Extras : 0    No Balls : 0       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Beijing Blitzers - 163/3 in 20.0 overs. 
Toronto Tanks - 166/4 in 19.6 overs. 

Toronto Tanks wins the match by 6 wickets

Man of The Match - WestIndian, for his brilliant all-round performance.

ZoraxDoom added 10 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Hope we can defend this total btw Toronto didn't post their line up so why aren't their line up reversed?

right, BB eat dirt! Same team on a dusty wicket :D

BTW - Told you BB fluked everything so far :D

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
How can this happen. :crying Very disappointing. The very last ball have spoiled all the things for BB.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Terrible thing was, from nowhere we fell into pits. We need to fight and rise up with better ressistance.

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
what the fearsome tweak is happening to us?? Zorax i didn't trust you from the day you started simming our matches.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
No, the batting remained slow despite the few wickets lost. We easily have fell short of 20-25 runs.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
But that revival had a loads of luck in the delivery which I bowled. :p One wicket in that would have looked nice though.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread