LEAGUE Rugby League Live 3

D

Dutch

yep 4 different attempts all CTD! nightmare. have restarted the computer and steam, hopefully 5th time lucky.[DOUBLEPOST=1444339272][/DOUBLEPOST]

yes, but it runs DBC like a dream and has 8GB RAM

Mmmm....it doesnt have an integrated and stand alone card?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Mmmm....it doesnt have an integrated and stand alone card?

Integrated graphics. It's a Mac air running win 10 in bootcamp. It runs everything I've ever tried in it, never even considered this might be an issue.

Where's Tazzron, he'll fight my corner. This has to be Big Ant's fault, right?

State of Origin CTD.

Damn.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I've sent you a PM with some extra info to see if I can find out what's going on.

Finally got it to run on lowered settings so assume it was my specs not handling the graphics.

Got bummed in an Auckland 9s game (19-0, no idea where the extra point came from, I make 3 converted tries 18-0?)

Played 2 career pre-season matches (amateur) for Gloucestershire All Golds - both matches finished 0-0!!! I got MOTM both games

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Got bummed in an Auckland 9s game

When I played a 9s name I scored a "bonus try" and get 5 points for one, dunno how it happened though...

15 minutes in to my third career game with Swinton FC against the North Wales Crusaders: its nil-nil and the commentator didn't seem very happy when I decided to punt on second tackle - its not the done thing but my team don't seem to understand the basics of any game of Rugby regardless of the code, like "don't drop the ball" and "don't pass the ball right into the hands of the opposition" and I didn't feel comfortable sitting on my goal line just waiting for that to happen... I also somehow unlocked the "got signed for the Super League" and "got picked by your country" before our first Challenge Cup fixture: I figure that's a bug and I dunno whether its a known one...

e: Don't want to spam this thread but I'm going to add the most marvellous thing that just happened in my game. We knock the ball on; the AI opponent picks it up with advantage with no one between him and the try line: as he dives in to try one of our players gets to him and tackles him: and as he's tackled he drops the ball before he grounds it in the in-goal area. Goes to the video ref who rules "no try", and despite the whole advantage thing we get the ball back at the 20 metre line. I figure that its because technically he knocked the ball on when he fumbled it so we got the advantage: our first tackle was "zero" which only seems to happen after knock-ons... The most interesting thing about it is that I was watching the video ref thing thinking "hang on, he's dropped the ball before grounding it, that's not a try. Nah; of course it will be, it'll just be some graphics thing..." and I was actually amazed that they gave it the right way. I thought that it was genuinely remarkable and if I could video it I would

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well i played a bit more this morning.

I know the fundamentals of league, but not the finer shades. i'm a union boy, and haven't followed league since the heyday of "little" andy gregory.

that said, i think it's a damn fine game, a really good representation of the sport (in so far as i recall it), and leaves me with a sense of regret that Big Ant aren't in the union game. it's a bit weird to play a licensed game and yet have no idea who anyone is (e.g. playing as England and thinking "Keith Senior's having a quiet game...").

Played an NRL game (Roosters v Bulldogs) and it finished 0-0, which alongside my 2 career games made 3 matches in a row scoreless and having lost my first match 19-0 i was 4 games in without a point to my name!

Played an Auckland 9s game, England vs Cook Islands, and finally popped my cherry when I ran back the kick-off unopposed to score a bonus point try under the posts - (now understand where the extra point came against me in the first match!). one more bonus try and a regular try, all converted, gave me a 20-0 victory.

then played England vs Tonga, and my first try there was an absolute beauty: last tackle just over 20 metres out from their line, so sent up a bomb, my player won the contest for the ball, ran on and played what in union terms would be an amazing scissors pass to defeat the last defender and send a colleague under the posts. was a really good game, tougher opponent than the cook islands, and i eventually won 22-10.

to be honest, in a way i think knowing the basics but not the finer points is an advantage - i know enough to understand what to do and appreciate what BA have got right (a lot), but not so anoraky as to pick holes in minor issues.

one thing i think they've got right that every union game has messed up - the players take up appropriate positions in the line much better: you're far less likely to have a slow prop on the wing when you've finally worked an overlap. this may be that league is easier in that regard as you're not sending players into rucks, but it was something i noticed and liked.

my only real bugbear - though it could be my lack of understanding the controls properly - was i found it difficult to get good flat passes; often a good position has been squandered by playing a deep pass when a flat pass for the player to run on to would have put him through the gap.

nevertheless, so far i'm enjoying it a lot. great job @BigAntStudios

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I like the default. As with cricket I find the broadcast camera unplayable - some people like it though.

D

Dutch

I like the default. As with cricket I find the broadcast camera unplayable - some people like it though.

Mmm being buggering around too much....what is the default camera?

I see there is a public beta open.....the support from BA for its games is incredible!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

only problem i have with the default, is the switch around on the kick return sometimes leaves me running the wrong way if i'm not careful. otherwise it's excellent.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Default is End Balanced (IIRC)

I see there is a public beta open.....the support from BA for its games is incredible!
To give my own example of that, and very much one only I care about - I just casually asked the sound guy Jimmy whether he could fuse the White and Horne commentary names to get mine in the game - listening to it you'd never know Vossy didn't say it himself. I don't think it works right in game yet, but I wasn't going to bump that one up the priority list for the patch that far.

only problem i have with the default, is the switch around on the kick return sometimes leaves me running the wrong way if i'm not careful. otherwise it's excellent.
Yeah, I do that occasionally too - especially while I was getting used to the game. There's a menu option to let you change the camera rotation - by default it switches as soon as the ball is picked up, but maybe the 'On Tackle' option might work better for you, you keep running in the one direction and it only switches around once you've made a tackle/been tackled - that way you've got that break with the play the ball to switch inputs around.

D

Dutch

Ha ha! Playing a nines game on amateur...at half time losing 34 to nowt........flip me.......button bashing united!

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have some screenshots from that not-try I mentioned earlier: figured I'd upload a few of them here to show what I meant. Tried to get a video using the default Windows 10 screencapping thing which didn't quite work...

oYVVCPy.jpg

He dives in for the try: you can see how far ahead he was of most of our players

OPYVVsp.jpg

Our guy goes for the tackle as the guy goes over the try-line, but...

Dw9ZH0u.jpg

Whoops!

8hyuY7Q.jpg

Went to the video ref where I was sure it was a try: instead no try and a knock on given, we get the ball back at the 20

I honestly was impressed at how this happens so naturally and how the ball didn't just jump out of the guys hand like it does often in something like Madden. That's why I've posted this, I've genuinely not seen that sort of ball-fumbling physics (yes that is a thing) in a game before: although I guess that could be something that's in the latest Maddens that I can't get being next-gen console-less...

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Personally I think that broadcast is the best way to play, it certainly increases the difficulty. I haven't played their Lacrosse game but having played DBC14 and RLL and RLL2 they have improved each game with each title that has been released and I'm confident that DBC17 will be their best release yet

16lxxli.jpg

I lost and unfortunately for me it was my defense that decided to stand aside
slo7cw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread