LEAGUE Rugby League Live World Cup Edition Announced!

Hobbi07

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I would never write off any team containing Ellery Hanley or "little" Andy Gregory. On the other hand, Mal Maninga can bring it. But as long as Ray French is calling it, we're all happy.

Looks like Ray errrrm French will errrm be calling it but we'll have to play 50x better if we are to trouble the Aussies on Saturday.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
To be fair i am a union guy, have hardly followed League since the days of the guys mentioned above. Aus were pretty much unbeatable for a while... I am sure they'll raise their game for the Aus but you'd have to think we're up against it.

Have you played RLL2? Is it any good? Really didn't like the Rugby (Union) Challenge game for the Lions tour. (Not Big Ant, obviously. We have to clarify that before the Ayatollahs of Roslam denounce us for heresy.)

Much prefer Union but do like League - like Rugby in general. Is it worth getting? (Highly unlikely to be buying right away though- maybe next year.)

Hobbi07

Club Captain
To be fair i am a union guy, have hardly followed League since the days of the guys mentioned above. Aus were pretty much unbeatable for a while... I am sure they'll raise their game for the Aus but you'd have to think we're up against it.

Have you played RLL2? Is it any good? Really didn't like the Rugby (Union) Challenge game for the Lions tour. (Not Big Ant, obviously. We have to clarify that before the Ayatollahs of Roslam denounce us for heresy.)

Much prefer Union but do like League - like Rugby in general. Is it worth getting? (Highly unlikely to be buying right away though- maybe next year.)

They still are pretty much dominant apart from the odd game in the last World Cup where NZ shocked them in the final.The Kangaroos are probably the only sporting team I feel privileged to watch live and never seem to surprise me how good they actually are.

RLL2 is a brilliant game and would recommend it to anyone even if you're not a big League fan (like you) it really is enjoyable. There aren't a whole lot of bugs in it apart from interceptions happen fairly regularly (which I'm sure Ross will admit) and if you purchase it you will not be disappointed.

I bought Rugby Challenge as soon as it came out (Think I paid ?45 for it) and it was probably one of the worst games that I've ever played. The amount of turnovers and the fact the game felt arcadey really put me off.

On the whole if you buy RLL2 you will not be disappointed (you'll get it for around ?25/30 now) or you can wait for the World Cup Edition.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks. Not a huge gamer, but play some sport title. Originally I was uber concerned seeing Tru Blu publishing Bradman, because as you say the Rugby Challenge game was awful. But different developers, obviously, and that should be more important than publisher. Never played any Big Ant game but they seem pretty spot on, sports-title wise.
Might give this one a go at some point.

Yeah, it's always awesome when you watch a truly great sports team in action. Truly a privelege. I saw the All Blacks training in Gloucester during the 91 world cup - would have been 10. They were just training in a field where a local club side play; wouldn't happen now. Was too young to fully appreciate it, but now when I think i was "this close" and I saw Sean Fitzpatrick, Michael Jones etc... Well i just think that's awesome. Wish i remembered it better though!

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've already got RLL2, but I'm planning to get the world cup version when it comes out. Partly because it'll be funny to win the League world cup as Scotland; and partly because I haven't bought the DLC for RLL2 yet, so I may as well go all out!

I've got a minor question for Ross - have new commentary lines for the game? It'd be a little disappointing if a world cup game had no world cup related commantady lines in it...

Also; I just bought Rugby Challenge 2 through PSN, and although its not as good in RLL2, its not that bad. Its probably the best Union game as of now by far!

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm not meant to tell you what's in RLL WC that's not public domain as I am under a non-disclosure agreement, however I don't think they'll be too upset if I let you know that MikeM flew to Sydney to work with Vossy in the recording studio a little while back.

BTW Where in Scotland are you? Spent a lot of time up there as my wife was Scottish, particularly love Edinburgh :)

Last edited:

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Stirling, but at uni in Glasgow... aka not Rugby League land! I'm the only one in the family that follows league; and no one else really cares about it sadly...

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
@barmy ahh... so close to the truth... I was based on the Isle of Dogs, before Canary Wharf etc... in the 80's, Jane was working in a Sandwich shop at Wapping Wall (next door to the Dr Who fan club) and first day on the job, first customer, walks up, Jane says "may I help you?", customer says "Not another F?cking Australian, f?ck me" and walks out!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@barmy ahh... so close to the truth... I was based on the Isle of Dogs, before Canary Wharf etc... in the 80's, Jane was working in a Sandwich shop at Wapping Wall (next door to the Dr Who fan club) and first day on the job, first customer, walks up, Jane says "may I help you?", customer says "Not another F?cking Australian, f?ck me" and walks out!

i just moved off the Isle of Dogs, less than a month ago. I can't even imagine what it must have been like before Canary Wharf!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
In 1987 I was on the first ever running of the Docklands Light Rail, it originally terminated at Island Gardens and didn't go on to Greenwich as it does now, single line for the last part too. The Queen was also on the train to open it... it broke down...

For months later it stopped at stations that were yet to be built and opened the doors at them too :)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Did you manage to catch the Wapping dispute?

Just the end of it. I remember the only people Murdoch needed were the electrical guys, and of course he managed to keep the electrical supply going... so every day as I went to the office I would see a freshly painted "electrocute Murdoch" slogan on their brick fence which would be removed by sunset but there again the next day :)

Users who are viewing this thread