RUGBY Rugby World Cup

TomW777

Club Captain
he movements o the players in the background look quite good....if that's actual gameplay might be interesting?
Yeah heres hoping Rugby Challenge 4 is actually an update this time around rather than the re-skinning that 2 & 3 were a bit guilty of. The graphics also look substantially better than Rugby 20. Just a pity the exclusive licences prevent either game being complete - although I seem to remember RC3 having a low quality equivalent of the academy in Ashes Cricket etc so that may help make up for the lack of N Hemisphere licences.

TomW777

Club Captain
FYI licencing: In the Rugby 20 Beta Wales, France, Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Tonga, Samoa, USA and Georgia all are licenced.
Big Ben has also already indicated they have licenced Top 14, Pro D2, Gallagher Premiership and Pro 14.

Rugby Challenge 4 definitely has the licences for All Blacks and Wallabies.
The absence of England, South Africa and Argentina in the beta suggests these too will also be in RC4.
This leaves the following WC teams possibly unlicenced by either title: Namibia, Canada, Japan, Russia, Fiji and Uruguay.

The fact that the Gallagher Premiership is in Rugby 20 possibly doesn't preclude it from being in RC4 as well. This is because it previously appeared in RC3, Rugby 15 & 18.

Hopefully as in the past RC4 has Super Rugby, Currie Cup, Mitre 10 Cup & Australia's NRC.

Wonder if either title has a RWC 19 licence so that you use fully licenced teams in a RWC mode but not outside the mode in a similar way to the Fifa 18 WC dlc.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Apart from England's 2003 World Cup win, I haven't followed rugby much since I left the UK in 1981. However, I'd love to play a match as the great Welsh side of the 70's, with legendary players such as Gareth Edwards, Barry John, Phil Bennett, JPR Williams and Merv "the swerve" Davies.

A game that allows me to do that has my vote.

TomW777

Club Captain
Apart from England's 2003 World Cup win, I haven't followed rugby much since I left the UK in 1981. However, I'd love to play a match as the great Welsh side of the 70's, with legendary players such as Gareth Edwards, Barry John, Phil Bennett, JPR Williams and Merv "the swerve" Davies.

A game that allows me to do that has my vote.
I too would buy a game in a flash with a creation academy as good as Cricket 19. Would love to play with some of the legendary 90s Blues and All Blacks teams of my childhood with the likes of Jeff Wilson, Christian Cullen, Jonah Lomu, Carlos Spencer, Michael Jones etc.

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Rugby 20 announced today that they now also have the licence for Japan as well.

Played the beta today , it’s ok , but still a bit headless chicken players running around everywhere, but it’s has potential .. looking forward to the first sighting of Rugby Challenge 4 , it’s meant to be out in December..

TomW777

Club Captain
Played the beta today , it’s ok , but still a bit headless chicken players running around everywhere, but it’s has potential .. looking forward to the first sighting of Rugby Challenge 4 , it’s meant to be out in December..
Interesting. Personally couldn't bring myself to buy the beta after the state of Rugby 18. Pity it wasn't a free open beta. Also the fact that I am from New Zealand & Rugby 20 doesn't look like it is going to have any southern hemisphere licencing is a massive turn off. Hopefully RC4 is the goods.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
After watching England dominate the All Blacks in the RWC (sorry to any New Zealanders here, the All Blacks are still legends), I want to play a good rugby video game right now. I don't want to wait till December, or January, or even later for the PC version. :noway :mad

D

Dutch

It's strange that nothing is really out there to galvanize the popularity at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread