Semi Final 1: Pakistan vs South Africa

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pakistan don't deserve their spot. Younis was crying after their first game loss that they didn't care about T20. I hope they don't win the tournament after that.

This loss doesn't help South Africa's choker tag.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
SA batting has looked a bit suspect this tournament, without their bowlers to save them they caved under the pressure. Gibbs and Smith were relatively disappointing.

Afridi has come into his own though, taking wickets and making crucial runs.

valvolux

Club Cricketer
well done pakis...always had a soft spot for them...and afridi is one of my fav cricketers so great to see him finally bat like he can. was good fun ribbing my saffa house mate after they loss.....just goes to show what 20/20 is all about...its like soccer...and thats why the english invented it...it turns a 80/20 contest into a 50/50..thus giving the crap team (english) a chance at winning. I would love to go for the pakis in the final...but after experiencing their supporters at the match on saturday, i really don't like them that much anymore! talk about the most dispicable, ugly supporters i've come across at a game...no respect for anyone esle there...jumping, spitting, shouting obsenities.....the only supporters who could maybe top them are the indian supporters. and im from that supposedly ugly land australia...I tell you, ive been to matches all around australia, and after watching cricket overseas the best way to describe australian crowds is its like a heap of englishmen but with a really poor ability to sing....so placid compared to the subcontinent supporters. so forever stick your ugly aussie comments up your backside.

but good on you pakis...one of the few teams in world cricket with unrobotic raw talent. shame the likes of asif got themselves in a bit of trouble, cause they always looked like world beaters after they smashed england after the 2005 ashes. and what about Gul? when i was at home over christmas i saw him play for westerna australia a few times...and he was absolute garbage!! but amazing death bowling...probably still rubish in the longer form of the game. but it just goes to show what english conditions is all about...can make even average bowlers (read broad, anderson, harmison) look like machines.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Umer gul. You beauty! How good at reverse swing you are!! I don't doubt his ability to reverse swing the ball naturally any more! if he is this lethal with the reverse swing in a T20 game,imagine what he can do with an older ball in ODIs and tests! What a bowler he is! Best fast bowler in the world at the moment!

Dale Steyn and Mitchell Johnson would have something to say about that I suspect. Gul has bowled well but he is no where near being the best fast bowler in the world.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Sorry to say but its a fact....Chockers got chocked once again! Nothing new in it...

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Forgot to mention, dam good effort by Pakistan to make back to back finals. Consistency isn't usually something related to Pakistan but they certainly have been consistent in T20.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
i dont need to explain,
you guys should know yourself why i said you are bitter,
would you have said the same stuff had pakistan not thrashed nz and it was the other way around?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
i dont need to explain,
you guys should know yourself why i said you are bitter,
would you have said the same stuff had pakistan not thrashed nz and it was the other way around?

No because Pakistan wouldn't be here would they. I don't have a problem with Pakistan at all, they didn't cheat against NZ. But when a captain comes out and says a world cup is just for fun, well the less said the better.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Howsie, you do know that in the press conference following the semi-final, Younus Khan again defended what he said and said he believes T20 is entertainment cricket.

And he backed it up by saying that arguably 3 of the best teams in international cricket - India, South Africa, and Australia are not in the final.

So, a captain who thinks T20 is fun cricket has led his team to the final... interesting :)

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Howsie, you do know that in the press conference following the semi-final, Younus Khan again defended what he said and said he believes T20 is entertainment cricket.

And he backed it up by saying that arguably 3 of the best teams in international cricket - India, South Africa, and Australia are not in the final.

So, a captain who thinks T20 is fun cricket has led his team to the final... interesting :)

So they lose the first game and he says it's just fun cricket and he really doesn't care. And now he is in the final Younis just say's it's fun, does he still not care?

If NZ had lost to Scotland in that first game and McCullum had come out and said he didn't really care and it's just fun I would be pissed off. Again well done to Pakistan for making it this far, but Younis shouldn't try and change his tune because they are now winning.

irottev

School Cricketer
seriously how bitter can NZ fans get?

I really think it's fair enough i'm bitter about this. They obviously didn't care about the tournament, so tell me why they deserve a spot? Whether we'd lost or won or whatever i'd have said the same thing. Before the NZ PAK match and right after Younis said T20 was just for fun and they're not taking it seriously or whatever after the England loss I posted something similar.

Fact is, SA are a better side, but T20 means any side can win.

Anyone who is playing for fun and doesn't care about winning isn't playing for the right reasons. You're out there representing your country.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
well it's pretty obvious he didn't mean to say that and it was probably a reaction to a bad loss..it was wrong thing to say. But obviously he cares otherwise we wouldn't be in the final right now. Pakistan played well today against a strong SA team and deserve their spot in the Finals. Whether they win it or not is another story.

You can be as bitter as you want, it does not matter...all the matters is that Pak has a chance to win something finally.

Users who are viewing this thread