Semi Final 2: Sri Lanka v West Indies

sammy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well WI made 177 against them on cruise control without chris gayle, and sarwan just hanging around to protect the run rate I guess ( he didn't hit a single four or six).

They made 45 from four of malinga's over, they just need to up the rate on the other two Ms. I hope to see mendis vs gayle. :help

If WI can get one early wicket, I don't think Sri Will post a big enough target or be able to chase a decent total set by WI. fletcher has made 3 ducks :D in his last three games, and some how WI was able to make big totals. But as we all know, if gayle fires there is no limit to what WI will set or can chase.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
I think WI have hit some good ground without Gayle but Sri Lanka played pretty well all round. Probably would say Sri Lanka although I want WI to win.

five

Club Cricketer
srilankan are the favourites to win the semi final but you never know with west indies
when gayle clicks

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
^^ and then RSA vs WI final?? thats how it started last time, and its gona end like that this time? lol that would be kkoool! :D

Max Peters

Club Captain
^^ and then RSA vs WI final?? thats how it started last time, and its gona end like that this time? lol that would be kkoool! :D

Hey don't get your hopes up high. Sri Lanka have a good chance against the West Indies, even with Chris Gayle playing. I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatched.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
WestIndies are basically one man team. If Srilanka gets Gayle out early the match will be theirs.

Nope Gayle didn't bat good against India, S.A nor England
Bravo and Simmon bat well agaisnt India, While chanderpaul and Sarwan pull off a win against England.

Plus against Sri Lanka, when Chris Gayle wasn't there
Bravo did well scoring 50 Runs. and the team made 177.

Agaisnt south Africa. Gayle again didn't do nothing, but West Indies Manage to get 163 against the best Bowling Side of the Tournament.Simmon pull off 77 runs.

But if C Gayle starts to fire in this match, then it would be good.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Last time these two meet it was a high scoring affair. WI will want their bowlers to tighten up a bit as chasing another 180 total will be pushing their luck.

SL will be hard to get away as usual but there are chinks that can be exploited.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sri Lanka have looked good and unbeaten, but West Indies look an inspired team that wants to prove something.

I predict a West Indies victory. Gayle is due for a big one, and guys like Bravo, Simmons, Sarwan and Chanderpaul all add great teeth to the lineup.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
As much as I want the West Indies to win I think they have no chance against Sri Lanka.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mendis is really been over rated,WI are in with great chance.

Users who are viewing this thread