Sep 28 - Australia v India

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yep, think I can go to bed comfortable in the knowledge of a comprehensive victory here. 4 teams rocked up today and 3 of them made this pitch look like it had demons, but we're showing it's as flat as any track on the SC.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
What are the Indians upto? Aussies are batting great guns but Indians are giving them dolleys a plenty. It seems like Kangaroos' chase will be over in 15 overs.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
That's going to be a pasting. Take that, idiot Dhoni! With the rain at the Premadasa lurking around, I would be an idiot to bat first, play three spinners when we have Yuvraj and Raina as decent backup. Horrendous captaincy!

Two decisions for India not given today! Warner and Watson both LBW to Zaheer who bowled beautifully today! But we didn't take the DRS, so can't complain. After the rain, the pitch looks totally different. Poor poor poor toss decision by the idiot!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
So, bowlers are going to win us matches, right? The batsmen are going to do it!

That's going to be a pasting. Take that, idiot Dhoni! With the rain at the Premadasa lurking around, I would be an idiot to bat first, play three spinners when we have Yuvraj and Raina as decent backup. Horrendous captaincy!

Oh wow. Now, he's an idiot. If what most people say and he does that and it goes wrong, he's an idiot. And, otherwise if he doesn't he's already an idiot, isn't he?

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
Raining sixes here :noway very ordinary bowling by india and some great power hitting from watson and warner. What worst for india is we are on the merge of big defeat :(

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Also, heard this thing from Harsha which I actually didn't know. After the inaugral WT20, we have never won a super eight match. And, the trend continues..

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Mis-fielding was the last thing India would have wanted. Well, this might get over before the end of 15 overs.

Auwais

International Coach
This is going to give them a huge advantage in net run rate. Could be crucial in what looks on paper to be a tight group.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
India better start packing their bags early. With Pakistan in very good form and with South Africa itching to get back after their tight defeat today, India might endure a third successive Super Eights victory drought. We haven't won a single Super Eights match in the last two editions, and I fear we are in for a third one.

----------

So, bowlers are going to win us matches, right? The batsmen are going to do it!

Oh wow. Now, he's an idiot. If what most people say and he does that and it goes wrong, he's an idiot. And, otherwise if he doesn't he's already an idiot, isn't he?

Yes he is! The Premadasa has been affected by rain in the last week or so. Though our games didn't get affected, the rain has been lurking around Premadasa for long now. Just because the earlier game didn't get affected, Dhoni went with batting. And three spinners is a huge luxury against Australia. Piyush was shown his place today. We should have gone with only two spinners and taken Balaji, and should have batted second today. Warner and Watson are more dangerous when they chase.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Although i have constant reservations about Australia's overall team balance, i still think they should have enough to beat India.

AUS had a solid work out in the UAE vs Ajmal on co, so i'm confident in their form to handle India's spinners first and foremost.

AUS just have to make sure their bowling can be disciplined enough to keep India's batting to a manageable total.

Ha as much as my prediction came through of what i expected AUS to do to topple India - i didn't expect such a dominant batting performance.

Of course the rain fell. But i think it s a smoke-scream excuse for what was pretty bad bowling from India's spinner who were made to look better than they actually were vs England a few days ago.

AUS T20 team is not perfect and matches vs PAK and SA may still expose certain area's. But of all the top 8 teams in the tournament India is probably the only team AUS was always stronger than from the inception.

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Of course the rain fell. But i think it s a smoke-scream excuse for what was pretty bad bowling from India's spinner who were made to look better than they actually were vs England a few days ago.
Exactly. And, the main thing was Ashwin just kept on bowling straight deliveries and 'pausing' in his delivery stride which is a skill. :rolleyes Surely, we couldn't contain Aussies and had to get the wickets. What he bowled was just to stop the runs. It worked for 4 overs and after that, it was a run feast.

S

Satan666

Wow! YEAH! Slaughtered the Indians! Boom!

Excellent win by the Aussies, show how weak the Indians are, they were totally outplayed, the defeat shouldnt be placed on Dhoni only but all the Indian players no one came to the fore, total failures!

macintosh

Club Captain
Brilliant batting by the Aussies:thumbs

And for us, I think we can't complain much when the opposition plays way better then us, a couple of mistakes here and there were made by Dhoni, but don't think the result would have been different even if he would have got everything right.
Sehwag will be back in the side most probably, the top order lacks that X factor without him,
there is still a question mark over Yuvraj's batting, is he really in a good nick?? if not then Raina should be promoted ahead of him.

We just need to find the right combination and try and make up for the lack of quality in our bowling. And the players will have to lift themselves up and play out of their skin to stay alive in the tournament.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Three spinners was always too much. I never believed Piyush could do it against Australia. Ashwin and Harbhajan were enough. And today, the guy who was getting us early wickets (Irfan) was not given the new ball. He bowled with an old ball, and was duly thrashed. Dhoni should start thinking. The rain came in, probably he could have given Ashwin just one over and brought Irfan in immediately. Rain always disturbs spinners.

But his toss decision itself was baffling. In recent times, Premadasa has become good for chasing teams. And the rain has been particularly helpful for chasing sides. For India to stay alive in the tournament leading into their last Super Eight game is going to be a herculean task. Beating Pakistan is going to be mighty hard.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
We always knew our opening combo wasn't an issue, still will need someone in the middle to stand up for us to win this thing. Bowlers did a great job though in particular the young guns. Still don't know about Christian, expensive with his bowling and not needed in the batting.

Users who are viewing this thread