Sep 30- Australia v South Africa

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Australia v South Africa at Colombo

38.png

Odds from bet365

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Well I've got my wish, Christian dropped for a bowler that Bailey might actually trust...go Xavier you little ANZAC!! Clever move. SA looked pretty clueless up front vs the young Pakistani left arm spinner the other day, so logical to pick Xavier to do that job.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I barely had time to hurl abuse at Doherty for being in the team and he was winning us the game. Pretty sad for the Saffers that Peterson was the only one that showed any ticker, thought I was watching an ODI for most of the game.

Feeling even more confident in my prediction of an Aus v. SL final now.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
SA would be praying today for an India win!! Hope they do.....:D:yes

War

Chairman of Selectors
Australia v South Africa, World Twenty20, Colombo : Muddled South Africa staring at exit | Cricket Features | ICC World Twenty20 2012 | ESPN Cricinfo

Indeed, as i suspected b4 the tournament some questionable selection was eventually going to catch up with S Africa eventually and its happening.

Amla should never have been picked. He is not a T20 player and it was always folly to pick him when he had never proven he had the skills for this form of the game. Proven T20 bats like David Miller and Colin Ingram should have been selected instead.

Also how Wayne Parnell keeps getting picked is great mystery. No way is a better all-rounder than Ryan McClaren.

On Australia, Watson like Brian Lara did in that famous series in 1999 is by himself keeping Australia competitive and covering over whatever faults the team may have. Long may it continue.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Great showing by the boys as usual, death bowling was an issue but the youngsters will be better for the experience. White looked in good form today, Hussey is Hussey, just need Bailey to find form so next game he should be at 3 (ideally left right out but we know that ain't happening).

War

Chairman of Selectors
Great showing by the boys as usual, death bowling was an issue but the youngsters will be better for the experience. White looked in good form today, Hussey is Hussey, just need Bailey to find form so next game he should be at 3 (ideally left right out but we know that ain't happening).

I reckon Bailey and the selectors are hiding himself with the bat. He knows his batting limitations in this format. Perfect scenario would be for Watson and the top-order to keep firing and Bailey not having to do any serious batting.

If this happens we may very well have a repeat of the 2010 tournament when Clarke was essentially carried in the team as they got to the final.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India should take more heart out of this dominating AUS performance vs South Africa and think that they are not the only team to be bossed out by Watson....

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Also how Wayne Parnell keeps getting picked is great mystery. No way is a better all-rounder than Ryan McClaren.

Think Parnell was very effective in 09 T20 WC, so I am assuming hes sort of done a good job domestically as a T20 hence the selection. Dont think he is an allrounder though

Users who are viewing this thread