Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi Everyone!

PlanetCricket will soon be updating to the latest version of the XenForo forum software - this will bring a bunch of new features and improvements to the site.

A few changes will be made in preparation for the upgrade - the most notable is that there will be a change shortly to the Table BB code.

The new version provides out of the box support for tables and better editing for them, however in an incompatible way - so the existing tables in posts will be moved to a 'OLDTABLE' syntax. Some posts may be temporarily broken until posts are fully migrated over to use that wording. I'll explain in more detail once the change has occurred.

In addition, due to Bookmarks becoming a default functionality of the forum software, your existing post bookmarks will be inaccessible, as they use an incompatible system.

Later in this week once final preparations are complete, the full upgrade will commence. This will result in the forums being unavailable for several hours.

Once completed, most forum functionality should be available immediately, while other aspects may need to be adjusted to fully restore the site - so this thread will be the place to identify those issues and try and have them resolved.

Last edited:

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So we can still have the cricket icons instead of those message icons on the left side of the Sub Forum Names? Just curious because the above sneak peak doesn't have that.

I'll just google what other features we can expect in the new version. :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Welcome everyone - the upgrade to XenForo 2.2 has now been completed!

There remain a few items that are still yet to be completed, this includes tables in existing posts being broken. If you make new posts that use the new table code, they may be broken when the old posts are fixed. So please if you wish to post a new post with a table, use the 'OLDTABLE' syntax to ensure it will work now and into the future.

The Fantasy Cricket section of the site is entirely unchanged for now - updating that to the new style will be a larger task, so will be handled as soon as possible.

The site is now available as what is called a 'Progressive Web App' - this means on most mobile devices you will be able to "install" PlanetCricket and it will function very similar to an app - including the options to receive notifications.

A few visual glitches may exist, other than the issue noted above with tables, please post anything you see that is broken - I'll endeavor to fix as soon as I can.

Banking and vCash transfer functionality is currently unavailable, however all your vCash is still there. Some Shop items appear to be not fully working, I will look through those shortly - please make a post if your particular one is not working/visible.

For general issues - please post a screenshot, and let me know your web browser/OS.

Otherwise - enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread