Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

Bilal91

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
i think the storyline and the picturization of a sensitive issue is done superbly well...probably helped by the fact that there haven't been that many good films the last year in it recieving 10 oscar nominations...

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
AR Rehman is overrated in this movie. Has done way better than this. He does not even deserve Indian award for this music let alone Oscars. :p

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
AR Rehman is overrated in this movie. Has done way better than this. He does not even deserve Indian award for this music let alone Oscars. :p

Are you mad? if you think "Jai ho" doesn't deserve Oscar either you have no knowledge or you hate music :cool:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Are you mad? if you think "Jai ho" doesn't deserve Oscar either you have no knowledge or you hate music :cool:

That song is not even best in album. I can easily count 100 songs better than that last year.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
When did Ajith act in that to qualify for that title?

WHAT??? Cant understand what ur saying...

saisrini80 added 3 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

He has done way better than this for sure. But those albums didnt get him the Oscars. This one being done by a British director, gets him the Oscar recognition. Maybe think of it that he is getting the Oscar recognition for all those wonderful albums he already did than this album (the West has not listened to his other Indian albums)

.Mob

International Coach
AR Rehman is overrated in this movie. Has done way better than this.

I'd probably agree, but it's superb work regardless.

Just for the record, Mausam And Escape is without a doubt the best track from the OST, without a doubt.

Geekery

School Cricketer

completely agree...

The movie was good, the kids at the start of the movie (two brothers) did some pretty good acting for their age.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah A R has done many good that jai ho but this is one of the best say in the top 3 or 5 :)

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Is this thread about the actual movie or the soundtrack?

.Mob

International Coach
Is this thread about the actual movie or the soundtrack?

Anything to do with the movie. OSTs, the film, Oscar victories, whatever.

I'm guessing anyway, it would be daft to have seperate threads.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Hmm, I can see why. Danny Boyle directs oscar winning films but Dhoni beat Australia with short hair so....it's 60-40 to Dhoni.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Dhoni is better that Danny Boyle :p

Gulzaar Shab is also nominated ? i think for the lyrics?

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
Hmm, I can see why. Danny Boyle directs oscar winning films but Dhoni beat Australia with short hair so....it's 60-40 to Dhoni.

I wasn't hoping this type of useless talk by a senior member.

Btw the movie is good. Specially the incident which let him think of the answer. :)

Users who are viewing this thread