Cricket 24 - General Discussion

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Personally I think they were optimistic of releasing this game in June with the AFL releasing in April which got delayed and was broken on release and they have had invest far more time in trying to get the game up to scratch. I am still optimistic of a June release as they normally do with the Ashes coming up but the negative side feels like it might be pushed back because they are snowed under with AFL patches and Xbox is supposedly due to release in June to?

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Personally I think they were optimistic of releasing this game in June with the AFL releasing in April which got delayed and was broken on release and they have had invest far more time in trying to get the game up to scratch. I am still optimistic of a June release as they normally do with the Ashes coming up but the negative side feels like it might be pushed back because they are snowed under with AFL patches and Xbox is supposedly due to release in June to?
They have maintained until now that development teams for both the games are different. The game will be released before Ashes, the state of quality cannot be guaranteed though.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not to agree because they have separate teams working simultaneously on different games, Ross earlier

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Not to agree because they have separate teams working simultaneously on different games, Ross earlier
Agreed. But did he tell it before the AFL23 release or after?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Not announcing the release date is clear indication that game is not finished , yet after debacle it makes more sense to withhold the release information, any ways we will get the game before the 2nd Ashes test at most.

Surely the game will release either 16th , 23rd or 30th June, won’t get delayed by June even if it’s half baked

Karachi

Associate Captain
People venting frustration as if it would have any impact on BA's marketing strategy - if there is one. Going by the previous patterns you are only likely to see the first glimpse of the game more or less 10 days prior to the release. The only time - as far as I remember - BA went on a full marketing onslaught was back when they were competing against now defunct Trickstar Games. No competition now, except few of us might prefer saving money to buy Diablo 4.

Last edited:

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
People venting frustration as if it would have any impact on BA's marketing strategy - if there is one. Going by the previous patterns you are only likely to see the first glimpse of the game more or less 10 days prior to the release. The only time - as far as I remember - BA went on a full marketing onslaught was back when they were competing against now defunct Trickstar games. No competition now, except few of us might prefer saving money to buy Diablo 4.
A good point: the lack of competition means that BA can just do whatever they want and we will buy it anyway.

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
May be bigant waiting to announce complete squads for ashes this time to stat their campaign, last time there was some noise before release of c22 lol

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
Wet outfield due to rain or dew has really impacted games in ipl...i hope all these are incorporated into the cricket 24 along with visually detoriated outfield

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
I guess Ross and @BigAntStudios are waiting for this topic to make 100 pages :cheers:spy

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
This can easily be implemented in any cricket game for wicket keepers and fielders...other sports titles have further gone ahead with technologies like hypermotion 2 but we can atleast expect this sort of AI in a cricket game..i guess these things are much more important than licensing if at all budget is a constrain ..

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
This can easily be implemented in any cricket game for wicket keepers and fielders...other sports titles have further gone ahead with technologies like hypermotion 2 but we can atleast expect this sort of AI in a cricket game..i guess these things are much more important than licensing if at all budget is a constrain ..
Agree and wish for agile fielders and wicketkeepers , but we shouldn't forget that EA reached there after 22 years of yearly progression.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
Agree and wish for agile fielders and wicketkeepers , but we shouldn't forget that EA reached there after 22 years of yearly progression.
They reached there 9 years ago...it's always difficult to innovate at first however if other titles have similar AI since over a decade that too on previous gen controls then I guess it shouldn't be that difficult for Devs to incorporate it with modern technology..

Users who are viewing this thread