• Signups for the official fantasy cricket league "The PlanetCricket League 3.0" are open! Signup here !!!

Sound Editing Tutorial

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
West Coast Wildcats
Profile Flag
Australia
I've finally gotten around to making this, the result is attached. The doc file is the actual tutorial, then there are two zip files containing the necessary programs, extract both of them to the same place. I tried putting it all in the one file, but it wouldn't upload when I did that.

This tutorial covers: Adding extra menu music to Cricket 07, modifying crowd sound effects and adding music to those crowd sound effects (so as to have music when important events happen).

The tutorial does not cover editing commentary or sounds such as bat on ball sound. The reason for this is I haven't been able to edit those things, so can't explain how to do it. I've briefly explained the problem somewhere in the tutorial.

If you have any questions, find any faults or are having trouble, post here.

Note: I made this in Word 2007, it may look slightly odd on older versions due to the lack of the fonts used, which may ruin my fancy page layout

Attachments

• Cricket 07 Sound Editing.doc
    604 KB · Views: 5,396
  • SoundEditing-A.zip
    915.1 KB · Views: 6,279
  • SoundEditing-B.zip
    999 KB · Views: 5,649

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cool, nice work. Iam going to check it out and see how easy/hard it is.

MasterBlaster76

Chairman of Selectors
I've finally gotten around to making this, the result is attached. The doc file is the actual tutorial, then there are two zip files containing the necessary programs, extract both of them to the same place. I tried putting it all in the one file, but it wouldn't upload when I did that.

This tutorial covers: Adding extra menu music to Cricket 07, modifying crowd sound effects and adding music to those crowd sound effects (so as to have music when important events happen).

The tutorial does not cover editing commentary or sounds such as bat on ball sound. The reason for this is I haven't been able to edit those things, so can't explain how to do it. I've briefly explained the problem somewhere in the tutorial.

If you have any questions, find any faults or are having trouble, post here.

Note: I made this in Word 2007, it may look slightly odd on older versions due to the lack of the fonts used, which may ruin my fancy page layout

Maybe Lazy_Chestnut knows how to get at the bat and ball sounds? He was the one who cracked them in BLIC 2007 after all...

NAIKVASAI

School Cricketer
plz help

hi whitehornmatt
plz up load your crowd_sfx_freq.ast
i dont understand how to edit crowd_sfx_freq.ast coz total 18 asf file

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,264

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
West Coast Wildcats
Profile Flag
Australia
There are, and should be, 18 asf files in crowd_sfx_freq.ast, uploading my copy of it won't make any difference. What exactly are you having trouble with?

MasterBlaster76

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks for your efforts Matt, but that tutorial just goes way over my head! Do you know if you'll be uploading the edited sounds at some point, or will the file be too big?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
West Coast Wildcats
Profile Flag
Australia
Do you know if you'll be uploading the edited sounds at some point, or will the file be too big?
The trouble I was having was finding enough sounds to replace them with, I had a few lying around, but no where near enough to make a decent patch. So if someone can upload some crowd sounds, appeals and anything else that is covered by the crowd_sfx file, it would help make a patch happen much quicker.

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
Can you give me a link for "ast pack" please?

Great work by the way, I managed to edit the sounds, putting Muse on, but I didn't know you could edit the song titles, and thanks as well for findign how to put boundary sounds. Good work squire :hpraise

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
West Coast Wildcats
Profile Flag
Australia
Can you give me a link for "ast pack" please?
I think it is in the second attached archive, you need all three of the files I've attached up there.

Great work by the way, I managed to edit the sounds, putting Muse on, but I didn't know you could edit the song titles, and thanks as well for findign how to put boundary sounds. Good work squire :hpraise
Good to hear someone got it done.

Users who are viewing this thread