Schedule

22nd August: 1st ODI at Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
25th August: 2nd ODI at Harare Sports Club
26th August: 3rd ODI at Harare Sports Club

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
1st ODI result

Zimbabwe innings: 206 all out (Chigumbura 59, Brent 59 not out)
South Africa innings: 210/5 (Smith 50, Bodi 51, de Villiers 63)

South Africa win by 5 wickets

Vcassano

Club Cricketer
Very impressive comeback from Zimbabwe there, though this tour should never ever have happened.

irottev

School Cricketer
Yeah, defiantly. I saw ZImbabwe in big trouble without having broken the 100 mark with 7 down. Great fight back to get 200 runs. Decent bowli8ng attack they were against too. Kept Ntini wicketless and only 1 to Pollock.

It wasn't too bad a result in the end for them. They drew the game out closeish.

5fer for Runouts!!! Something to work on. Really let them down.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Same old story, the lower order picks up the slack left from the top order for Zimbabwe. Good effort none the less to get to 200 and then have SA 5 down. More contribution from the top and middle order could have gotten Zim a more defendable total.

Wicketmaker

School Cricketer
Zimbabwe-TEN Sports
South Africa-SuperSport

So STAR Sports actually dropped Zimbabwe cricket, Expired contracts :crying

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
2nd ODI Result

Zimbabwe innings: 247/7 (Williams 54, Matsikenyeri 52)
South Africa innings: 251/2 (Smith 96, Gibbs 111)

South Africa win by 8 wickets

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
that was a more than decent batting display by zimbabwe, they really batted well

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Better effort with the bat by Zimbabwe, SA clicked with the batting this time so not much Zimbabwe could do with the ball.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
South Africa scored 323-9 today, with de Villiers hitting 107 runs and Albie Morkel 97 runs.

But believe it or not Zimbabwe are actually chasing this. Taylor and Taibu had a century partnership and now Taibu is still out there. 62 runs needed from 36 balls, which means 10 runs an over, but seeing how runs has flown it is reachable.

Eventually South Africa won by 28 runs, but it was a great chase of Zimbabwe. Taibu got his first ever ODI century.

Last edited:

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
Whoooooooa :happy :happy
All praise Zimbabwe!!! :hpraise :hpraise

With all respect to everyone out here, I don't think I am the only one saying that not very many months back Zimbabwe "sucked crap" to say it straight out. But today they have proven many people wrong and won the respect of many cricket fans, including me!

All Zimbabweans should he really proud today, seriously... CONGRATULATION! :clap

Now they should keep working hard, and who knows they will make an upset or two in T20 WC! :D

Zimbabwe 295/7 (50.0 ov)

Sureshot

Executive member
I think 'All Zimbabweans' have more to worry about than the success (or not) of their cricket team. They did well, still shouldn't be in Cricket though.

irottev

School Cricketer
Ntini seems in real bad form. He was great a few years back. It seems he's dropped a bit of pace and is losing it.

But Zimbabwe can be very proud of that result. They defiantly look a better side with Taibu. They did pretty well really. If they could have kept SA a few runs shorter they could have pulled off a fantastic chase.

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
I think 'All Zimbabweans' have more to worry about than the success (or not) of their cricket team. They did well, still shouldn't be in Cricket though.

That's true, but still there is something to cheer of :)
This is ofcourse a much bigger feat; But like when Iraq won Asia Cup in football! ;) Anyway, Zimbabwe did well, and I think they deserve to be in cricket (from a cricketing perspective) if they keep coming with results like this. Once again congratulations to Zimbabwe! :clap

Users who are viewing this thread