South Africa Team Discussion

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
AB steps down as captain in all formats but makes a return in red ball cricket! Best cricketing decision for himself, CSA and me! :)))

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Haroon Lorgat and Cricket South Africa part ways | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

This is good news tbh. Yes after reading the article it does mention he did good with governance, but overall I think it was not a big deal for CSA. Good he left because of issues with CSA regarding Global T20. Adding to that BCCI did not have like him. I see CSA and BCCI's relation going upwards now that he is gone

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
BCCI shouldn't have an influence in who runs a board and who doesn't.
I never said BCCI should. Also the reason mentioned is a personal reason. I just said BCCI must be laughing now that he is gone.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Was going through a few old games and the individual quality that was present in the South African team of early-mid 2000s is ridiculously underrated in hindsight. Two of the best all-rounders ever in Kallis and Pollock, the best captain of this century in Smith, two young players who'd go on to become huge in the future in Steyn and de Villiers, a wicket-keeper who defined consistency and another bowler who had 400+ wickets. Amazing.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Was going through a few old games and the individual quality that was present in the South African team of early-mid 2000s is ridiculously underrated in hindsight. Two of the best all-rounders ever in Kallis and Pollock, the best captain of this century in Smith, two young players who'd go on to become huge in the future in Steyn and de Villiers, a wicket-keeper who defined consistency and another bowler who had 400+ wickets. Amazing.
Really? I rate Ponting and Dhoni over him.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Really? I rate Ponting and Dhoni over him.

Probably the biggest Ponting fan on this platform and even I think that he wasn't that great a captain. He led through sheer volume of runs, his tactical brain wasn't that good. Huge fan of Dhoni too and he was a tremendous captain but feel Smith was better due to the circumstances when he took over (broken dressing room, so many defeats, on and off field trouble, etc) and the strength of the team which he left behind. He harnessed the quality in that team superbly well. Would say Smith better all-round but if it came down only to limited overs then Dhoni is better.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
SA need to get rid of Miller and Duminy and put Klaassen and Ingram in the limited overs set up.

To all my SA friends- Can Ingram still play for SA?

Users who are viewing this thread