South Africa Team Discussion

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And another one goes. We really need to put the politics behind and field our best possible team. Dwayne Bravo and Rampurl needs to be in there. :facepalm We can still send Bravo for the WC with his brother injured but we all know that is not happening.

S

Satan666

Its a pity the SA didnt play like this against the Indians. Taking nothing away from AB and co but its only WestIndiez still cant see Proteas taking on NZ or Aus.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
so i've just checked the scores

damn, that's impressive even against the West Indies. Pakistan needs to watch out

S

Satan666

so i've just checked the scores

damn, that's impressive even against the West Indies. Pakistan needs to watch out

Impressive yes but its happened recently against, SA vs WI, in fact the WI have regularly been the whipping boys for the Africans, also in case some have forgotten last month AB got the fastest century against this same pathetic attack, Tahir/Morkel have always done exceptionally against the West Indies.

What can be construed perhaps as 'impressive even against West Indies' is the 222 runs of 15 overs but the AB factor against the West Indies once more.

That being said I expect the Africans to win the game against Pakistan but highly doubt it will be by this wide of a margin, also Pakistan are already in such a bother NRR may not make a difference in any case.

stefan

International Coach
Its a pity the SA didnt play like this against the Indians. Taking nothing away from AB and co but its only WestIndiez still cant see Proteas taking on NZ or Aus.

Will have to see. Did beat NZ 2-0 in the odi series in october but lost badly to aus.

S

Satan666

Will have to see. Did beat NZ 2-0 in the odi series in october but lost badly to aus.
Dont get me wrong here i am not saying that the proteas are a poor team however historically they have ripped through the windies, or put it another way the windies have always falter badly.

I would be happy if they defeat Australia but I cant see it happening, there is a weakness in the batting lineup of the proteas.

Once more the dreaded quota system plays a hand.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Impressive yes but its happened recently against, SA vs WI, in fact the WI have regularly been the whipping boys for the Africans, also in case some have forgotten last month AB got the fastest century against this same pathetic attack, Tahir/Morkel have always done exceptionally against the West Indies.

What can be construed perhaps as 'impressive even against West Indies' is the 222 runs of 15 overs but the AB factor against the West Indies once more.

That being said I expect the Africans to win the game against Pakistan but highly doubt it will be by this wide of a margin, also Pakistan are already in such a bother NRR may not make a difference in any case.

Yeah I suppose: this is the West Indies team that almost lost to Scotland.

Still; being able to hit 150 off of 60 balls is impressive even against the West Indian attack.

War

Chairman of Selectors
And another one goes. We really need to put the politics behind and field our best possible team. Dwayne Bravo and Rampurl needs to be in there. :facepalm We can still send Bravo for the WC with his brother injured but we all know that is not happening.

Only the windies selectors and board could sabotage their own team chances by leaving out your best all-rounder, finisher and odi quick. Sadly at this rate I wont be surprised if the Ireland defeat comes back haunt them & they end up going out at group stage.

This would be unfortunate cause a full strength WI team with the those 3 players plus Narine, could have been semi-finalist if they clicked.

When i look at how well NZ has stepped up in last 2 years, WICB hierarchy has really messed up their teams ambitions. :facepalm

stefan

International Coach
Good performance so far vs Ireland.

Another dreadful umpiring decision though. How could you miss miller smashing the ball into his pad. Lucky we had a review.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Ahhhh...that C word again and it has rarely been more adequately used. Ridiculous shot selection and some horrid captaincy, it's like Pakistan's steady batting in the first 10 overs fried ABs brain and frazzled the entire team, as often happens to them. Bringing in Tahir so quick, AB coming on himself, when Steyn could have bowled a couple more, tut tut tut.

But credit also to Pakistan for bowling with ferocity, it's what's been lacking from Pakistan for months now.

stefan

International Coach
Poor batting display. I wonder if people will use that c word when other teams fail to chase totals...NVM in cricket it only applies to SA....

War

Chairman of Selectors
While I wont call it a choke, it has been surprising to see SA slip up in this game like they one versus India when they were the one team you would expect to not do so.

If there was any doubt still lingering that SA made a selection blunder by not picking a proper all-rounder at # 7 in their squad, De Villiers bowling so much overs today proves it conclusively.

TheW

Club Captain
South Africa are the best in the world. End of.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
In my opinion, Choke only happens eg. when you need 1 run to win and runout happens not when you lost by 130 runs or before 50 overs.

SA didn't choke against India or Pak they simply lost.

stefan

International Coach
While I wont call it a choke, it has been surprising to see SA slip up in this game like they one versus India when they were the one team you would expect to not do so.

If there was any doubt still lingering that SA made a selection blunder by not picking a proper all-rounder at # 7 in their squad, De Villiers bowling so much overs today proves it conclusively.

The problem there was JP struggling, he doesn't usually go for 43 from 3 overs. They will need to make up 10 between him,ab,faf and rilee. They should have picked David Wiese/Albie Morkel/Chris Morris but no use crying over spilled milk the side is still capable of winning the world cup.

They do need to sort out this issue when chasing or AB needs to win 3 tosses and bat first ;P

Users who are viewing this thread