South Africa tour of Australia (November 2016)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Faf alleged for tempering. Shameful... Attempt to hijack SA efforts and hide Australia's embarrasment? Didn't expect this :facepalm Aus should focus on their cricket rather than blaming a successful captain who made you totally outplayed...

Ho3n3r

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Faf alleged for tempering. Shameful... Attempt to hijack SA efforts and hide Australia's embarrasment? Didn't expect this :facepalm Aus should focus on their cricket rather than blaming a successful captain who made you totally outplayed...

You know how it is... can't beat them on the field, try and do it off the field instead. The irony is the double standards - everyone does it, even the Aussies themselves, be it bubble gum or other sweets - even lip balm, but now that it's caught on camera, it's suddenly turning into this huge furore.

The sad thing is that the Aussie cricketers themselves have done nothing wrong here, not even mentioning it, and even Matty Hayden on Twitter told them to get on with it, because he knows what happens on the field. It's just the Aussie media who have taken this out of proportion.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Australian media when it comes to Cricket and especially when on losing side is just atrocious. They cannot swallow a loss and imagine Aussie's are on losing streak since forever now. This Faf thing is similar to Harbhajan's Monkeygate thing of 08

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Epic

Panel of Selectors
It's almost like when they made a big deal out of Broad not walking that one time even though (except Gilchrist) none of them ever walked and appealed for anything and everything including grounded catches.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And Faf declares. Very surprising, ball-tampering effect I think. He is out there to prove a point.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
And Faf declares. Very surprising, ball-tampering effect I think. He is out there to prove a point.

It's inspired captaincy. He's got a non opener to open. An opener in the middle order. Faf has nothing to prove. He did NOTHING wrong. The fact that he can make runs in Australia is a given.

Back to the game, Renshaw looks like a prime LBW candidate. If some right arm bowler can pitch in line and bring it back in, he's a sitting duck.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
That was one hell of an inning by Faf especially after the week he had. Make him the full time captain already.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That was one hell of an inning by Faf especially after the week he had. Make him the full time captain already.

The problem is AB and Amla are such natural leaders he has a lot of quality competition...

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
The problem is AB and Amla are such natural leaders he has a lot of quality competition...

In my humble opinion, I don't think the thing in question is Du Plessis' captaincy abilities.. the question mark is over his ability against spin in the sub-continent.

I personally would hand the reigns to de Kock.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In my humble opinion, I don't think the thing in question is Du Plessis' captaincy abilities.. the question mark is over his ability against spin in the sub-continent.

I personally would hand the reigns to de Kock.

Yea Faf is hands down the best captain. To be honest I don't think they're worried about Faf's spin ability. The problem is they just handed the captaincy over to AB so if they remove him I imagine they're worried he might 'retire' and play T20 leagues. de Kock? He's my favourite player but he doesn't strike me as a leader or a tactical genius. Not to be prejudgmental but from the interviews I've heard he doesn't seem the be the sharpest knife in the drawer...

Users who are viewing this thread