South Africa Tour of Pakistan 2021

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hope Pakistan make good sporting tracks. Expect them to thrash SA.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hope Pakistan make good sporting tracks. Expect them to thrash SA.
South Africa have a big chance to win this series. Karachi will be a flat deck with turn in the final couple days, and Rawalpindi is pace friendly.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
South Africa have a big chance to win this series. Karachi will be a flat deck with turn in the final couple days, and Rawalpindi is pace friendly.

You're giving South Africa too much credit IMO, Pakistan should be favourites and anything short of a decent series win should be a win for the Proteas.

I am disappointed that van Tonder was injured after that COVID struck first test versus Sri Lanka without even a look in that game, he has been tremendous over the last few years and deserves a proper run in the side. Prior to that 199 I would have argued for Faf to be the one deserving the axe, I still do as he is neither a good option nor a long term one at four but he deserves to go out on his own terms, whether it is mutually agreed or his own decision. Rassie has had a decent start to his career but then again, he really does not strike me as a consistent match-winner with the bat at the top of the order. Hamza's too good a player to be in a rut, he will bounce back and they need to back him like they do it for Markram and make him the long-term #3. Keegan Petersen is another who should be in the side at the moment, he can score big and is a naturally aggressive player.

Hope for his own sake that Mulder remains injury free, he has the potential to be the next big pace all-rounder and should be the preferred option ahead of Pretorius. His presence also allows for the three pacers to bowl better with lesser workloads seeing that Maharaj still does not seem to be trusted completely on pace friendly surfaces. Sipamla has plenty of potential but is just too raw at the moment, hopefully he turns out to be good option for Ngidi if the latter's struggles with fitness continue. Dupavillon post-injury is not the same force he once was but deserves his chance too, assuming Nortje ever allows him to. Bit surprised that the other Pretorius and Stuurman were both dropped, are they injured too?

My lineup seeing the current squad

Elgar
Markram
Rassie
KP
Faf
QdK
Mulder
Maharaj
Rabada
Nortje
Ngidi

Long term, this is the lineup that I would like to/expect to see from the Proteas

Elgar/J. Malan
Markram
Hamza
van Tonder
KP
QdK
Mulder
Maharaj
Rabada
Nortje
Ngidi/Sipamla

Stuurman should rotate with the pacers on slightly helpful pitches along with M. Pretorius too.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
You're giving South Africa too much credit IMO, Pakistan should be favourites and anything short of a decent series win should be a win for the Proteas.

I am disappointed that van Tonder was injured after that COVID struck first test versus Sri Lanka without even a look in that game, he has been tremendous over the last few years and deserves a proper run in the side. Prior to that 199 I would have argued for Faf to be the one deserving the axe, I still do as he is neither a good option nor a long term one at four but he deserves to go out on his own terms, whether it is mutually agreed or his own decision. Rassie has had a decent start to his career but then again, he really does not strike me as a consistent match-winner with the bat at the top of the order. Hamza's too good a player to be in a rut, he will bounce back and they need to back him like they do it for Markram and make him the long-term #3. Keegan Petersen is another who should be in the side at the moment, he can score big and is a naturally aggressive player.

Hope for his own sake that Mulder remains injury free, he has the potential to be the next big pace all-rounder and should be the preferred option ahead of Pretorius. His presence also allows for the three pacers to bowl better with lesser workloads seeing that Maharaj still does not seem to be trusted completely on pace friendly surfaces. Sipamla has plenty of potential but is just too raw at the moment, hopefully he turns out to be good option for Ngidi if the latter's struggles with fitness continue. Dupavillon post-injury is not the same force he once was but deserves his chance too, assuming Nortje ever allows him to. Bit surprised that the other Pretorius and Stuurman were both dropped, are they injured too?

My lineup seeing the current squad

Elgar
Markram
Rassie
KP
Faf
QdK
Mulder
Maharaj
Rabada
Nortje
Ngidi

Long term, this is the lineup that I would like to/expect to see from the Proteas

Elgar/J. Malan
Markram
Hamza
van Tonder
KP
QdK
Mulder
Maharaj
Rabada
Nortje
Ngidi/Sipamla

Stuurman should rotate with the pacers on slightly helpful pitches along with M. Pretorius too.
That lineup is non-quota complying though. Bavuma will play ahead of Keegan Petersen

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That lineup is non-quota complying though. Bavuma will play ahead of Keegan Petersen

Bavuma and KP should both count as Black Africans if I'm correct (not completely sure though). That adds up to 5 quota players, one short of the current requirement but they can always make up for it in white ball cricket with the abundance of options there.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Bavuma and KP should both count as Black Africans if I'm correct (not completely sure though). That adds up to 5 quota players, one short of the current requirement but they can always make up for it in white ball cricket with the abundance of options there.
Yeah, my mistake

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
They dropped Mohammad Abbas from the Test squad. Effin' pathetic. :facepalm
Yeah. Although i like the new approach to selection from Muhammad Wasim, Abbas shouldn’t have been dropped.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Did anyone catch the women's ODI match. Looks like it was a good one, Pakistan lost by 4 runs

Users who are viewing this thread