Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan's 17-man squad for the 1st Test has been named. I'd predict this lineup (Faheem is the favourite for the AR spot, but they could go with Nawaz if the conditions are spin friendly enough)

Abid Ali
Imran Butt
Azhar Ali
Babar Azam
Fawad Alam
Mohammad Rizwan
Faheem Ashraf / M. Nawaz
Yasir Shah
Hasan Ali
Shaheen Afridi
Sajid Khan

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...pped-as-pakistan-cut-test-squad-to-17-1249066

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan's 17-man squad for the 1st Test has been named. I'd predict this lineup (Faheem is the favourite for the AR spot, but they could go with Nawaz if the conditions are spin friendly enough)

Abid Ali
Imran Butt
Azhar Ali
Babar Azam
Fawad Alam
Mohammad Rizwan
Faheem Ashraf / M. Nawaz
Yasir Shah
Hasan Ali
Shaheen Afridi
Sajid Khan

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...pped-as-pakistan-cut-test-squad-to-17-1249066
Only 2 seamers would be a big gamble as NSK does assist spin, but isn't really a rank-turner. Faheem is definitely a better option, tactically and his batting is far better than Nawaz's. Saud Shakeel is a better option ahead of Imran, but I fear that the latter's outstanding slip-fielding is going to cost Saud, especially when Pakistan lack good slip fielders after Shafiq's departure. And btw #11 is too low for Sajid Khan. He can hit the long ball and even has a FC hundred.

My XI:

Abid Ali
Azhar Ali
Saud Shakeel
Babar Azam
Fawad
Rizwan
Faheem
Hassan Ali
Sajid Khan
Yasir Shah
Shaheen Afridi

One underrated thing I like about this lineup is that the batting is deep. Hassan Ali, Sajid and Yasir can all chip in with a few runs and Shaheen can hang in there for a few overs.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Only 2 seamers would be a big gamble as NSK does assist spin, but isn't really a rank-turner. Faheem is definitely a better option, tactically and his batting is far better than Nawaz's. Saud Shakeel is a better option ahead of Imran, but I fear that the latter's outstanding slip-fielding is going to cost Saud, especially when Pakistan lack good slip fielders after Shafiq's departure. And btw #11 is too low for Sajid Khan. He can hit the long ball and even has a FC hundred.

My XI:

Abid Ali
Azhar Ali
Saud Shakeel
Babar Azam
Fawad
Rizwan
Faheem
Hassan Ali
Sajid Khan
Yasir Shah
Shaheen Afridi

One underrated thing I like about this lineup is that the batting is deep. Hassan Ali, Sajid and Yasir can all chip in with a few runs and Shaheen can hang in there for a few overs.
The pitch is a bit of a wildcard, tbh. Could be totally dead, turn only towards the end, or turn from ball one. I'd say the second option is the most probable one.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The pitch is a bit of a wildcard, tbh. Could be totally dead, turn only towards the end, or turn from ball one. I'd say the second option is the most probable one.
I think it will be flat for the first couple of days and then offer turn.

Whatever the pitch may be, the team winning the toss should bat first, and I hope that will be Pakistan.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Apparently Nauman Ali is the favourite for the second spinner's slot ahead of Sajid Khan. I'd go with Sajid, honestly, because he's an offspinner, whereas Nauman is a leftie, so will spin it the same direction as Yasir.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Whatever the pitch may be, the team winning the toss should bat first, and I hope that will be Pakistan.
It’s South Africa, unfortunately. Need a big bowling performance here.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
George Linde is playing for SA, he’s a chinaman, apparently. Can feel a 5-fer incoming.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Shamsi got injured, otherwise they would’ve played 3 spinners.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Shaheen and Hassan swinging it around, but lack of bounce evident just after one over.

This is gonna be fun!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Shaheen and Hassan swinging it around, but lack of bounce evident just after one over.

This is gonna be fun!
Spinners will be key. Need the UAE Yasir to come back.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hassan Ali c'mon man!

Markram had a shaky start but is capitalizing now

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hasan Ali : the fast bowler who didn’t go away
Huge effort by Hasan to come back. First he injured his back, then the PCB medical department messed up his rehab, and he had a stress fracture in his ribs. Then he had another back injury, and the issue was finally diagnosed correctly, 6 months after it surfaced. The PCB medical department seriously needs to be overhauled.
Post automatically merged:

Hasan Ali : the fast bowler who didn’t go away
Huge effort by Hasan to come back. First he injured his back, then the PCB medical department messed up his rehab, and he had a stress fracture in his ribs. Then he had another back injury, and the issue was finally diagnosed correctly, 6 months after it surfaced. The PCB medical department seriously needs to be overhauled.
He’s been total trash in his first 2 overs though :P

Users who are viewing this thread