South African Cricketers Playing Overseas

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
personally, with strauss and prior I have no problem, they moved to england, it represents englands multi-cultural population. But with pietersen and trott and a couple of others, Pattinson recently, ambrose, I think it represents that the county championship is simply more lucrative than others.

i am sure if rashid went to india to play in the IPL and to make himself eligible as a non-overseas player signed and thusly worth a bigger contract signed for a ranji team and got qualified for india, and then went on to big things you wouldn't hear the end of the injustice.

I'm just saying, but I think england fans complaining about the IPL are slightly hyocritical as the county championship was the lure of many young cricketers and is a pretty close predecessor. it's saving grace being it focused on FC cricket, not hit and giggle.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
If I go to England and acquire English citizenship, then I have every right I have to play for the English cricket team. Doesn't matter if I was born in India, lived in America, whatever. I'm a citizen of the country and that's all that matters.

Same if anyone immigrants anywhere else. It's just the way it works...

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
If I go to England and acquire English citizenship, then I have every right I have to play for the English cricket team. Doesn't matter if I was born in India, lived in America, whatever. I'm a citizen of the country and that's all that matters.

Same if anyone immigrants anywhere else. It's just the way it works...
Well unless you played for India, then you'd have to wait for four years :p

I'm not exactly sure why Eoin Morgan can just switch teams whenever he feels like it while Saqlain Mushtaq had to wait four years to wait to play for England (ok he was never going to play for England, but he had to wait four years to be eligible for selection)

vishwa

School Cricketer
^^^ Great point. It must also be noted that Dirk Nannes played for the Dutch in the World T20 and a MONTH later he was in Australian colours. ICC regulations say a player needs to wait 45-60 days for a switch to be considered valid and legal. Yet he walks into the Aussie camp and I have no idea on the status of the ICCs decision.

Ditto with "England's" Ed Joyce, who qualified for the CWC 07 with Ireland and a month later played for England in the CWC.

And they say BCCI tries to arm-twist the ICC :sarcasm:sarcasm

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
And they say BCCI tries to arm-twist the ICC :sarcasm:sarcasm
Joyce has a UK & Ireland passport, which means he can play for England without qualifying. What he cannot now do is go back and play for Ireland.

vishwa

School Cricketer
Hmm. Point taken about Joyce.

About Dirk Nannes though, how a player who played in June for another country can play in August for another country is hard to understand. There is a restriction of 4 years for a player of a Test country to transfer to another Test country but how Nannes was allowed to play for Holland would be interesting to find out especially if he has an Australian passport and has not stayed in Holland for the required length of time to qualify.

I'd like someone to throw some light on the subject.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just let the poms poach players, who cares, just goes to show how crap they are.

Can't even produce players from their own country.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA
hAHAHAHHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHHAHAHHA
HAHAhAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA
hAHAHAHHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHHAHAHHA
HAHAhAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA
hAHAHAHHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHHAHAHHA
HAHAhAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA
hAHAHAHHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHHAHAHHA
HAHAhAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA
hAHAHAHHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHHAHAHHA
HAHAhAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHHAHA
hAHAHAHHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHHAHAHHA
HAHAhAHA

Please don't make a fool of yourself King Broad!

Peitersen
Greig
Jones
Trott
Strauss
Pattison

Should we go on?

I'm sorry, but any englishman trying to give Australia shite on overseas players is going to cop it from me and any Australian.

P.S no one likes Dirk Nannes, we don't even want him.

P.P.S Symonds is 100% Aussie, if he has one regret in his life, I can bet a carton of XXXX Gold its that he was born in Pommy land. I'd be ashamed too.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I'm not trying to give you shite about Australia having overseas players, was a sarcastic dig at your side not being exactly 100% Australian. Wasn't a comment to be taken at all seriously really; would be pretty idiotic for me to try and give the Australian side shite for having a few guys in their side that aren't 'proper' Aussies. But the 'just goes to show how crap they are.' comment was just asking for abuse given that we've just won the Ashes back. 2-1

Also, people do like Dirk Nannes, alot of people were amazed he wasn't picked for Australia before Holland snapped him up for the T20 WC. You should want him, he's a bloody good T20 bowler.

Last edited:

vishwa

School Cricketer
Interesting reps, the past 4. :laugh

Relax guys. We all have an opinion. Lets just express it and get done with it :)

thedoc1337

School Cricketer
Im new here so i thought i would just add my view on this. I dont have a problem with Strauss or Prior. They moved to England at a young age and recieved their cricketing education there. But Peiterson and Trott both grew up and played in S.A. Trott was part of the S.A U/19 squad. So they learnt their trade here, but apply it somewhere else. But such is life. We dont really need them, so let them play where they want

But the 'just goes to show how crap they are.' comment was just asking for abuse given that we've just won the Ashes back. 2-1
But didnt you just lose a O.D series 6-1? And the semi-final by 9 wickets? Or is the ashes the be-all and end-all?

Gurukirat

School Cricketer
SA first dozen Test innings, from March 1889 to March 1896, were snuffed out for between 151 and 30.

Users who are viewing this thread