Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
South African Online Test League Season 1
nw-stadium-jpg.195554
The 1st Season of the highly anticipated South African Test League is starting between the Saffars, and what a battle for top honours it promises to be.

The format will follow a 3 Match Series Format, with Tests being played over 5 days with 15 Overs per Session ie 45 Overs per Day.

MATCH RULES

The competition will be a 45 Over per Day 5 Day Test format.

Points System
6 Points for a Win/Bye
8 Points for a Game won by forfeit
3 Points for a Draw/No Result
3 Points for a Series Whitewash
0 Points for a Loss

Bonus Points
Take all 10 wickets in an Innings +1 bonus point
Score 200+ runs in an Innings +1 bonus point
Score 300+ runs in an Innings +2 bonus points
Chase Score with 6 wickets down +1 bonus point
Chase Score with 4 wickets down +2 bonus points
Win by an Innings + 3 bonus points

1. General Match Conditions

General Test rules , except the following differences (Please copy the existing Test Match type and create a New Custom SA Test version with the differences underneath :
  • Overs per day : 45
  • Start Time : Just have (1) Start Time: 1:30PM, Ball Colour: Dark Red
  • Sessions : 3 x Sessions of same Lengths 1 hour with a 40 minute lunch and 20 minute tea interval between sessions.
  • New Ball Available : 40
  • 2 Bouncers per over (default is 1) . NEW RULE This is any ball thats marked as Red , and not only ones called as a Bouncer by the Umpire.
  • Only 2 x Blue Balls (Yorkers) per over.
  • Bar reviews: 2 per Innings
  • Bars reset at : 40
  • Follow on if Trailing by : 120
  • Keep BARS on Umpires Call
  • Rope Length : Long
  • A Maximum of 5 fielders allowed on either side of the wicket at any time when bowling
2. No "Normalise Skills" allowed , (meaning don`t check it in the match creation screen)

3. Never accept the Forfeit request sent automatically in game , we play our games in full. This is sent automatically by the game once 30 seconds time limit per over is up for setting your field. Please remember to disable this feature when setting up the Game to stop this Popup from appearing

4. Any Custom team composition are allowed , with the only guidelines being the following :
  • All Batters can be Maxed out to the highest Possible for their Role
  • All Fielders can be Maxed out.
  • Fast Bowlers Maximum of 85 Skill , rest of Bowlers 90.
To achieve the above requirements , please go and edit your team that will be participating in the league in the Academy until it fits the specs. This is done on an individual basis whereby lowering or upping the Skills and Attributes of a Fast Bowler will change the " Fast Bowling rating" of the player .

If any of the ratings are still over the limits set , then go back and repeat the exercise on the individuals that you know is still rated too high, until the individual rating falls inside the above limits.

5. Home team will create the match using the custom match option with the Custom SA Test match type at Normal difficulty , and can choose any conditions including the venue they want, there is no requirement to select the random conditions but this option can be selected if the home team prefers. The choice of Pitch Type and Condition is the Home Teams personal choice . Disable the Online Timer when creating the match. (Just remember to edit and save a Custom Test Match type in the Academy beforehand)

6. If any glitches/bugs are encountered , we will have to live with it , as cricket was never intended as a perfect game. However if a match is very laggy and glitchy and both teams agree to restart then that is between the two team managers. The restart must take place well before the game is complete , preferably before the start off the 10th Over of the 1st Innings.

7. The fielders that`s set up in the Slips , does not count towards the 5 either side restriction . This is however "Normal" behind the batsman Slip fielders , meaning any 7th/8th/9th Slip, Silly Mid on etc. Variations are treated as Normal fielders and counts towards the 5 a side limit.

8. Only Normal Mid On/Off or Deep Mid On/Off are allowed, no Short Mid On/Off (To try and minimise the effect of looped shots because of Late Timing)

9. No Leg Slip/Leg Gully allowed, (as they Take ideal timed shots from the face of the bat at will.)

10. Short Cover are not allowed as Fielding Positions, due to their Superhuman abilities.

11. When bowling Spin , no slip fielder is allowed from 3rd to Gully position , as the catching abilities is too good for a full blooded backfoot cut shot of the face of the bat.

12. There is no other restrictions on how a field can be set other than this , so no one should complain about unorthodox field settings. Please go and create your own custom fields in the academy , to also speed up the constant re-setting of your field placements after bowling changes. Press the Up button on the D-Pad to get to the Options screen , scroll down to the batsman facing and press the Triangle Button , and the Up on the D-pad again on the next fielding screen to quickly get to your preset fields. Alternatively , just press the Touchpad to bring up the Field Setting Menu .

13. Upon Match Completion , please take a Screenshot (with your Phone) of the Summary and All the Innings Scorecards and Post it in the Whatsapp group , as I need it for the Logs and Bonus Point Calculations as well as doing some Stats . The winning manager does this , meaning if I don`t receive his winning scorecard , I will handle the match as a No-Result and share points. I have allowed for 4 weeks for the Managers to complete their 3 match series as per the fixture list. The arrangements when the Games has to take place is left between the two Managers. All scorecards needs to be received by me before the new round starts .

14. No advance Test matches with other managers will be allowed to be posted on the Whatsapp group , meaning I will only accept the "official" scheduled matches scorecards of that Series. This however does not mean that you cannot play your future scheduled matches earlier , I will just not accept the scorecard until the appropriate time. So DON`T send me the Future Round`s scorecards earlier , I will just bin it. DO send them in at the right time. Please bear in mind we are playing alot of matches per week , so I don`t want to be flooded with random scorecards that doesnt match the Series "official" matches.

15. If no connection between two players can be established after various try outs in the allotted 4 week period , points will be shared , hence a No-Result will be recorded. Both players need to notify me of this.

16. In the event that one of the parties cannot fulfill their fixture with the opposition , the available Party will be awarded 8 points. It is the responsibility of the Available manager , to inform and explain to me of the oppositions NO-Show. I will use the 3 x strikes method , ie when an opponent has cancelled a match within the last 1,5 hours before scheduled start for 3 x times , this is enough justification to award the match to the available party. I will use my own discretion doing this , but my judgement will be final. If no notification is received in the allotted 4 weeks , a No result will be awarded to both sides , resulting in shared points.

17. The use of a Microphone for communicating critical stuff between the players in a 2 Player dedicated Party chat is compulsory to participate in the League. This will avoid alot of ill-feelings and misconceptions between players.

Please always try and honour the Tradition of Test Cricket and try and play the game to resemble this format , and above all else, "Dont be a Doos"

Last edited:

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Fixtures & Results
Final Results.jpg
In the case of a tied position in the final top 4 list , the total runs made by the managers against each other will be used as the final measurement to determine a winner .

After the League Phase the Knockout Matches will be played as follows :

Semi Finals :

• Semifinal No. 1 : Position 1(H) vs Position 3(A)
  • Semifinal No. 2 : Position 2(H) vs Position 4(A)
Final :

• Winner Semi Final No. 1(H) vs Winner Semi Final No. 2(A)
Log
Final Log.jpg

Last edited:

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Updated the Sheets with all Results of Month 4.

Still very very close from No. 2 to 6 , with 14 League points spread.....

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Results after Month 5 are out.

The Introduction of the new Cricket19 into the mix have caused scores to take a major Nosedive, with 150 now seemingly being par for a good Innings Score.

Getting VERY Congested at the Top there.

Position 3-5 only 3 Points in it, overall 16 runs difference between 1 - 5....

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Month 6 Results are out.

A tough outing for some , with the Leadership changing yet again.

The Drawn out Schedule and new Change to Cricket19 has claimed another victim with Jeremy withdrawing from the League.

Still all to play for.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Month 7 & 8 Results are out

With the resultant withdrawal of a few Players throughout this long journey, it became possible to play Month 7 & 8 in 1 Month`s Time.

The Log Leadership changed hands once more , with only the last Months remaining matches to be played, and Pos. 1 & 3 having Byes.

A decision was reached that no Play Off Matches will be played, so the Winner will be declared being the Log Leader after Month No. 9`s Conclusion.

After this Test League, we will move back to the famous Pro20`s of old.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Final Results are in , and the Gooseman turned out to be the Test League Champion !!!!

Big Congratulations to all the Participants who made this a Wonderfull Journey for all.

Users who are viewing this thread