South African Tour of India 2010

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
MOS to Sachin is quite baffling tbh. Kallis or ABDV should have gotten it.

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah Kartik over Kohli for me too. Kartik is pretty much Raina part 2. They both have similar temperament.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
My desired WCXI would be

Sehwag
Sachin
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Raina
Jadeja
Irfan
Bhajji
Zaheer
any bowler who can bowl more than 125K and does not concede over 6RPO :facepalm

Will work for me. Last bowler can be Sreesanth, Nehra, Tyagi, Praveen Kumar, Ishant or any other surprise package that might come up.

Reserves batsman would be:
Kohli
KKD or anyone else. KKD will make it though as he is keeper as well.

scion_sid added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

MOS to Sachin is quite baffling tbh. Kallis or ABDV should have gotten it.

There have been some real shockers lately. :p

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How MOS get worked out ?? Tendulkar MOS is just too much :facepalm De Villiers should have got that

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
No one will remember this series because of Kallis or De Villiars. This will simply be known as 'that one time Sachin got 200'.

Who gives a ████? You give it to the player who performed the best. Sachin played 2 out of 3 matches and played well in only 1 of them. Kallis and De Villiers played all the matches and were amazingly consistent. Sachin had his day in the sun.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sachin didnt play the final game. And as Rohit said, MOS is for the player whose performance in the series will be the most remembered. And who else than Sachin Tendulkar!!!

SaiSrini added 4 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

My desired WCXI would be

Sehwag
Sachin
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Raina
Jadeja
Irfan
Bhajji
Zaheer
any bowler who can bowl more than 125K and does not concede over 6RPO :facepalm

Thats a nice XI. For that last bowler slot, I would take either Sreesanth, Ishant or Praveen as we need a right hand bowler (Irfan and Zaheer are alread lefties). Kohli and Karthik will be the backup in batting.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
MOS shouldn't have gone to Tendulkar. He wasn't the best player of the series.

Mithun and Tyagi didn't bowl that well. The problem for me, was that they were too straight early in the innings, when their line should've been just outside off stump.

Anyways, doesn't seem likely that we're going to try out any other players from now on. Maybe one or two new faces will get their chances in the World T20 if they impress in the IPL, but that's all. Really want to see Pujara and Pandey blooded at some point though.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
MOS is for the player whose performance in the series will be the most remembered.

No it's not. MOS awards are for players who performed the best, not for the players performance that will be remembered the most.

I can understnd why Sachin got it though.

P

pcfan123

What evenly matches teams India and SA are

Test series both sides beat each other by an innings and the ODIs had one nail biter and two ass kickings.

Im sad this tour is over, wish India were touring SA straight after.

stefan

International Coach
Great innings by ab,jk and amla. I think our top 4 for wc 2011 should be settled now. 1.Smith 2. Amla 3. Kallis 4. AB. Still big question marks over number 5 and 6 and the bowlers with the exception of steyn.

I think van der merwe has done quite decently compared to botha in this series so probably deserves the number one spinner role.

Still worried about the middle order and bowlers, hopefully it can be solved in 12 months time.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Im sad this tour is over, wish India were touring SA straight after.

Yes, It would have been interesting & good run fest for our bowlers. :banana2 When they are so happy enough to arrange back to back Ind-Sl series, why not this? It's enough of subcontinent pitches. Pacers should have got tired in getting smacked. Bring it on - Abroad series! New environment to enjoy them (dear Indian pacers) getting smashed all over the park!

How MOS get worked out ?? Tendulkar MOS is just too much :facepalm De Villiers should have got that

It is simple,

1) Villiers got 241 runs in 3 matches
2) Kallis got 204 runs in 3 matches
3) Sachin got 204 runs in 2 matches.

With just a) 37 runs margin from leading the individual runs scored in the series ( b) First man on the planet to get double hundred in ODIs, the calculation was not complicate enough for the people to get baffled, taken back by suprise or to get frustated. It's just simple.

It's not even complicated like Jayasuriya winning MOS over Sachin in one of the Asia cup series where the latter truely deserved over the former.:)

The thing that baffled me is,

Even the bowlers who were in reserve got smashed all over. So we don't have proper pace bowler for next full decade. :rtfl :laugh Interesting! :sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread