Spin bowling in career mode

ian_hayden

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,
I'm struggling to take wickets as a spinner. Usually a single wicket an innings with a best of 3-55. Never dominate. Wondered if anyone else is in the same boat. Does anyone have any tips? Finding it easier to pick up wickets with pace.

Ian

Last edited:

scampy

Club Captain
I try and strangle the batsmen with a ring of fielders all in front of square on both off and onside (with exception of wicketkeeper and a gully) and with sweepers on the boundary again both off and on.

Bowl very straight.

If they fail to find the gaps, you will often see them lofting shots and will generally mistime one for a catch.

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In Limited overs cricket I too get very less wickets with best bowling figure around 3/50 .

In Longer Formats I have got 5-6 times 5 fifers. Just have you basic catching positions in off side and leg side and short mid on. You might get wickets.

I am an off spinner hence these are my fields , choose as per your bowling style.

You can also find some fields positions on my YouTube.

ian_hayden

School Cricketer
Thanks @jaffar100 and @scampy. Bowling straighter seems to show some results. My field set tends to be variations on 6-3 offside. Lot of mileage from bat pad catches on the leg side. Giving good thought to dropping the difficulty down to amateur. It's funny that in the previous games I've found the batting hard and the bowling reasonable. This time round it's the opposite

Users who are viewing this thread