Spin Bowling on PS4

Troubled Herman

School Cricketer
So I had a bit of time off playing so can’t comment on which patch has done this but I’m finding it impossible to take wickets with a leg spinner in career mode. I played earlier iterations of the game and on DBC i was consistently taking 4-7 wickets an innings going around 2.34. Has something changed!? I now haven’t seen an edge in any form, get tinker around in limited overs matches and get bored to hell in first class as batsmen do not make any mistakes that cost them (the odd miss outside off). I’ve tried adjusting difficulties and sliders on the fly but no success, batting seems to have remained the same for me but bowling is now tedious until my next innings with the bat. Has anyone else experienced these issues that can shed any light on this or should I bin the bowling and just start a new batting career?
Thanks

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Good shout. I've bowled a fair number of overs since coming back to this game, last playing 2 or possibly 3 patches ago. There appears to be absolutely no way to "fool" a batsman. They pick the ball pretty much every single time. Kinda removes the fun from spin bowling! I find it more bearable with the seamers, but the spinners, including my created leggy, just get knocked to all parts.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Decided I’m gonna start my career mode again and make my all-rounder a seam bowler. It’s just dull otherwise!

bp3000

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've noticed the same thing. Use to love spin bowling, now I am much better getting wickets with pace. The spin bowlers just get hit around and I have no idea what to try. I try to bowl heaps variations, I try to bowl a consistent line hitting off stump, I try bowling to the batsmans weakness and I get no feedback anything is working. Just ocassionally a wayward shot gets caught in the deep.

rex007king

Club Cricketer
Try different pitch conditions, and check.
Although most wickets my off spinner all rounder player has taken are generally caught at silly mid on or short leg area.

Seamers allow more variations in deliveries.

Users who are viewing this thread