Sri Lanka Tour of the UAE and Pakistan - September/October 2017

Which of these batsmen deserves to be selected in Pakistan's Test squad?

• Total voters

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
We must give credit to Pakistan's superb bowling lineup as well. Apparently, Sarfraz is packed with so much variety of bowlers that it won't be easy for any opposition against Pakistani bowlers. Mind you in today's game there were no Aamir and Junaid as well.. No Rumman Raees as well. With other strong teams, Its gonna be a competitive contest. We have seen it in the CT as well, Pakistan's bowling was the major difference between all the sides. The team is full on charge.

Apparently, Malik is playing a sheet anchor role in Pakistan Shorter Format matches. He is becoming a backbone and its a great sign for the team and himself till WC 2019. Yes, He was inconsistent in early and mid of his career, but he was also victimized by not having a proper batting number for a longer period of time. Had he been backed well by the management, the story could have been different, Also he was a good captain but later politicised by other players group I suppose. Nevertheless, He is in the run of his life and I guess he wants to do something for the team for WC 2019. It's a positive sign.

With Shehzad, I am feeling quite sorry for him at the moment, There is no control in his today's innings. He is just saving his wicket to get some runs to get his confidence back, Rather he should go for his natural game and take some risks. Fakhar Zaman needs to control himself as well, He was just slogging today with no timing at all. Fakhar needs to improve on his talent I'd say it again.

PS: I really liked Shinwari's aggression today.

seeyousoon

School Cricketer
We must give credit to Pakistan's superb bowling lineup as well. Apparently, Sarfraz is packed with so much variety of bowlers that it won't be easy for any opposition against Pakistani bowlers. Mind you in today's game there were no Aamir and Junaid as well.. No Rumman Raees as well. With other strong teams, Its gonna be a competitive contest. We have seen it in the CT as well, Pakistan's bowling was the major difference between all the sides. The team is full on charge.

Apparently, Malik is playing a sheet anchor role in Pakistan Shorter Format matches. He is becoming a backbone and its a great sign for the team and himself till WC 2019. Yes, He was inconsistent in early and mid of his career, but he was also victimized by not having a proper batting number for a longer period of time. Had he been backed well by the management, the story could have been different, Also he was a good captain but later politicised by other players group I suppose. Nevertheless, He is in the run of his life and I guess he wants to do something for the team for WC 2019. It's a positive sign.

With Shehzad, I am feeling quite sorry for him at the moment, There is no control in his today's innings. He is just saving his wicket to get some runs to get his confidence back, Rather he should go for his natural game and take some risks. Fakhar Zaman needs to control himself as well, He was just slogging today with no timing at all. Fakhar needs to improve on his talent I'd say it again.

PS: I really liked Shinwari's aggression today.
He was given M.O.M for his 4 overs 2 wickets, he removed both Quality batsman otherwise Hasan took 3 wickets.

SL batted poorly

seeyousoon

School Cricketer
Malik is a gem. What a player. Too bad he was so inconsistent in the late 2000s and early 2010s. Could've been a true legend.
He should not retired from test cricket but anyway I will remember him for long time for his 245 runs innings in his farewell, last test, not many people hits 245 from any Asian team in his last tests.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
WOW! Hattrick for Fahim. That's probably the biggest collapse i've ever seen. Great performance towards in the latter stage.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
WOW! Hattrick for Fahim. That's probably the biggest collapse i've ever seen. Great performance towards in the latter stage.
Yeah 98/1 to 119/9. Finally we can say proudly that Pakistani bowling is limited overs best atm. Now we have so many good bowlers that we don't know who should play and who not.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yeah 98/1 to 119/9. Finally we can say proudly that Pakistani bowling is limited overs best atm. Now we have so many good bowlers that we don't know who should play and who not.

I said this before Pakistan started their mega run in the CT and got laughed at. Pakistan's bowling has always been outstanding. Their issue is the batting, some fielders and those fielders fitness. While they have improved in the latter two areas, I still feel they are quite a bit behind with the power batting and chasing 300+ totals.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I had a feeling before this match that this is going to be Fahim Ashraf's Night.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Finally for a change Sri Lanka are in the game. That collapse was epic but now they are bowling well and 16 from 11 deliveries with 3 wickets in hand, I say Sri Lanka have good chance of defending this.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Perfect stage and situation for Fahim Ashraf now. Smash the two out of park Fahim!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Only Pakistan can self destruct like this![DOUBLEPOST=1509132396][/DOUBLEPOST]
Finally for a change Sri Lanka are in the game. That collapse was epic but now they are bowling well and 16 from 11 deliveries with 3 wickets in hand, I say Sri Lanka have good chance of defending this.

Your anti-jinx backfired!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Only Pakistan can self destruct like this![DOUBLEPOST=1509132396][/DOUBLEPOST]

Your anti-jinx backfired!
I was not anti jinxing. I want SL to do well in international arena. They needed this win.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Superb sense of game by Shadab Khan!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Wow! You guys won't believe it, but I told my friend Shadab would do it!

This young man can achieve amazing things!

We should all @PlanetCricket get together and form our own cricket team. SL might beat us, just!

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tell me this isn't one of the greatest T20 game you've seen this year.[DOUBLEPOST=1509132811][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was not anti jinxing. I want SL to do well in international arena. They needed this win.

Should've watched the whole game mate.

Users who are viewing this thread